IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (July 2015)

Note: This thread is 3190 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Warm up with my Orange Whip.  Then 5h into the net.  Driver with my new Veylix shaft.  Put replaced the stock shaft in my TM SLDRS driver.  Hit about 20 drives into the net.  All felt really good, were in the center top of the net.  Swings with both clubs no ball on front of my window which acts as a mirror.  Then Orange Whip and then weighted club.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Okay, so I went twice today (I'm aware this doesn't make up for missing Friday). I was driving home from where I spent the extended weekend and had an "Oh, that's what that probably meant" moment. I checked my evolvr lesson and a related thing Mike was talking about in one of his videos to see it in a bit more detail. I did a bit in the mirror and then hit the local range, 30 balls, mostly 6- and 5-iron, working on transition and early downswing. Some great shots. Will have to reinforce tomorrow!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Tried the mirror this am. Like it. Ten minutes holding/observing various positions. Waiting for LSW book. Golf at 5 pm.

Practiced my drill swing in the mirror to make sure I'm not too far off what I feel like. Now, off to the range.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Okay, I overdid the range again, but some good came from it. I got rid of that little quirky OTT move at the top of my swing on the second bucket.

Going to keep my swing flat for a while until I get more control of this OTT.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Worked on my new evolvr drill in the living room for 10 mins.  Im trying to keep my back foot from spinning out on my downswing.  For the drill Im putting a water bottle against my back foot and trying not to knock it over while making a swing.  Im trying to work on getting into a more reverse C position.  Im also going to hit a few balls in the yard a little later tonight.

30 minutes chipping practice using the 1-20 yard game/drill from LSW + 15 minutes mirror practice with backswing

Matt E.

:srixon: Z745 (9.5°)

:touredge: XCG5 4 wood (16.5°)

:gigagolf: Turbo Power Z 7 wood (21°)

Louisville Golf Niblick 7 wood (24°)

Miura Baby Blades 5-PW

:mizuno: MP69 PW (50°)

Scor Wedges (53°, 57°)

:edel: Putter

40 minutes of pitching practice. It's getting more consistent :)

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Putting on my board.  Really well today, 70% of the putts went the full 36" straight on the ruler.  Swing fan, about a dozen swings.  Indoor swings, 1/2, 3/4 and full.  Nice elbow fold, brush the carpet and hip slide/turn.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

More slow moving swings ingraining my transition move. Would've hit balls today but my legs were to gassed from doing leg presses earlier.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Worked on turning more on my full swing.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

5-10 mins of mirror work.  Worked on turning my shoulders while keeping my head and lower body quite.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

Note: This thread is 3190 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!