IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (July 2015)

Note: This thread is 3162 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm late to the party so won't be eligible, but I want to play anyway. 7/1 - worked on a grip change. Traditionally had a very strong grip in the fingers. Moving to a grip that is more neutral and in the left Palm. 7/2 - worked on getting the takeaway on the toe line. Played terribly with my new grip and awkward swing 7/3 - worked more on the takeaway and half swing. Started making decent contact occasionally 7/4 - more practice to groove the grip and takeaway changes. Still feel awkward, but hit more good than bad today 7/5 - hit 90 balls at the range and played 9 7/6 - went and got a lesson from a local pro. First lesson in years, but realized these swing changes aren't going to be easy on my own. Worked on takeaway and weight shift. Realized I have never really gotten good weight shift on the back swing.

Bucket of 30 at the range after work. Took me over an hour (that's a good thing). Taking it slow from A1 to a little past A5, worrying about what I'm doing in transition. Hit some amazing shots today, including three great drives (out of three).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes mirror work. Too sore, so planning on a short round today.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

10 minutes mirror work. Too sore, so planning on a short round today.

Okay, I hit another 2 buckets. But, I am actually making some progress. More than 5 decent shots with each club. I was working on my timing, that's why I went through so many balls. It actually helped me loosen up the muscles.

I might take some time off tomorrow from my full swing to work on my wedge yardages with 2 buckets in the chipping/pitching/bunker area.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

30 balls (one hour) at the range this morning before work. Transition still; it's coming along and I'll probably try to get some video this weekend. Still got to the office at 9 (don't need to be here today until 930). So now I'm really out of excuses on days when I don't practice :-)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

30 balls at the range at lunch (about an hour). - starting to get the feel of what that weight shift in the takeaway feels like. Hit more good than bad today.

I missed a couple days so I'm out... I was playing in a tournament out of town, had nearly no service out there, it sucked but anyway... First Round: a decent start shot 79... Nothing worse than bogey (I made 9 of those)... Had at worst a par putt on every hole... Like I said last month the course was a little longer than my home course (6547 yards)... Birdied the par-5 18th for a 79... Made the 18-hole cut comfortably, by 5 strokes... Second Round: Yesterday, again nothing worse than a bogey only made 4 in the second round, 2 birdies in the final three holes for a 73... Finished T-12 out of the 40 guys who made the 18-hole cut... I was happy with my play, and the practice paid off... 7/7/15: Worked on my chipping and pitching distance this morning for 15 minutes... P.S. the course wasn't as difficult as the yardage suggests.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Did my plastic gizmo drill for about 15 minutes this morning.  I'm really found of this drill.  I find that I have to keep my head steady with a centered turn, get my weight forward on the downswing, and hold my lag or I'll fail on the drill.

I discovered I really can't get the gizmo too close to the ball.  In this picture the face of the club is almost touching the ball and the back edge of the sole of the club is almost touching the gizmo.  Any closer than this and I think one could strike the ball correctly but still get negative feedback from the gizmo.

Best I could get done was the minimum. 5 minutes mirror practice.

Matt E.

:srixon: Z745 (9.5°)

:touredge: XCG5 4 wood (16.5°)

:gigagolf: Turbo Power Z 7 wood (21°)

Louisville Golf Niblick 7 wood (24°)

Miura Baby Blades 5-PW

:mizuno: MP69 PW (50°)

Scor Wedges (53°, 57°)

:edel: Putter

Went the the range and worked on an in to out swing path.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

Went to the range, worked on turning the hips with good contact (not fat) ... was a range king ... played 9 ... 1st hole played par, hit like a champ ... somewhere between the 1st green and 2nd tee box I lost every thing ... ended up shooting a freaking 49.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Dozen swings with the swing fan.  Indoor swings, 1/2. 3/4 and full.  Nice elbow fold, brush carpet and hip slide and turn. Playing tomorrow, probably just 9 in the afternoon after my lesson.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Note: This thread is 3162 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!