IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (July 2015)

Note: This thread is 3190 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The rules are the same as last month:

• Post every day during the month above. No back-dating or pre-dating posts or practice sessions.
  • Detail what you did for at least five minutes of practice (indoors or out, with or without golf balls, etc.).
  • At the end of the month, everyone who has posted every day will earn a special badge they can proudly display throughout the following month, at which time a new challenge for that month will begin.

Enjoy and practice hard!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[COLOR=181818]The rules are the same as last month:[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][LIST] [*] Post every day during the month above. No back-dating or pre-dating posts or practice sessions. [*] Detail what you did for at least five minutes of practice (indoors or out, with or without golf balls, etc.). [*] At the end of the month, everyone who has posted every day will earn a special badge they can proudly display throughout the following month, at which time a new challenge for that month will begin. [/LIST] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Enjoy and practice hard![/COLOR]

Go go go go!!!!

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Have practised my backswing: should turn the shoulders more but not let the club fall too much behind me. Is hard for me to separate this two concepts on my backswing...

:-D

:nike:

5 minutes mirror swing.

I think I've got my OTT under some semblance of control. I was able to push most of my shots, only shanked 3 balls and pulled 10 out of my 120. Yes, I limited my self to 1 bucket today. I don't feel all that satisfied, but at least most of my shots all felt pretty good. Still can't hit my 6i to distance, I got two or three shots out to the right distance, but just can't quite hit it cleanly enough.

My goal is to be able to hit my 6i to distance before the end of the week? At least, that's my "aspiration".

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

7/1/15: I've been working hard on SK2 and SK3 lately, today was a big weight forward day... Worked on rolling my right foot over after impact for ten minutes today.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

20 - 25 minutes of mirror work.

1. First part was backswing A1-4.  I was getting a little wide in my last videos from A1 to 3.  Focused on letting my shoulder turn move my arms at the start.
  2. Laying the shaft down from A4 to 5 to get to the correct position at 6.
  3. Last 10 minutes was all tempo work.  Slow from A1 to 5, then accelerate to A8, right arm fully extended and let the pivot take over.  The last part goes south on the course when I start to tighten up.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

15 minutes, Key 2 work.  On my matt in the backyard, placed a ball marker a couple inches behind the ball, worked on hitting the ball without touching the ball marker.  Really had to get my weight forward to do this.

30 minute of pitches this morning before work and about 15 minutes total of mirror work on backswing throughout the day

Matt E.

:srixon: Z745 (9.5°)

:touredge: XCG5 4 wood (16.5°)

:gigagolf: Turbo Power Z 7 wood (21°)

Louisville Golf Niblick 7 wood (24°)

Miura Baby Blades 5-PW

:mizuno: MP69 PW (50°)

Scor Wedges (53°, 57°)

:edel: Putter

Worked on my toss drill from evolvr in my living room for 5 mins.  Im going to work on my putting as well tonight.  In my last round I was struggling with lag putts.  I think my takeaway was to fast which made me hit my putts instead just swing my putter.

Played 9 holes today. Hit the ball well. Distance wedges were horrible. Pitching was horrible. Putting was bad.

Went to the short game area afterward. Starting to hit distance wedges much better and pitch much better. Need to take that to the course.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

15 mins of mirror work and slow practice swings working on keeping my chest pointing toward ground (chest laser).

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Couldn't complete the challenege in May and didn't even post once in June, but let's see if July is going to work for me.

Spent a little over an hour hitting balls about 30 balls into my net. Monitored my grip change throughout (more diagonally across the left hand) and it was good; feels pretty natural now. Focused on feeling the right arm pressure points stay on my body. Noticed that my shoulders were slightly retracted instead of rounded, so I made the conscious effort to round them forward. Helped keep my right elbow more in front of me as opposed to my side (not that I pull it behind my shirt seam, but it has a tendency to "fly" out a bit). The pressure point feel was much better as a result.

Mixed it up with different clubs for the last 6 balls.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Worked on two things, keeping my head steady while turning the hips. This is starting to pay off in huge dividends for me. Was awkward at first, but is starting to find its way onto the course and just about every swing.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I went to the range and worked on keeping my left wrist straight throughout the golf swing.

I also worked on the high tee drill.  A few of my shots went left and came back to the right.  I also hit a few shots that started right but worked their way back left. Most of my shots were straight and high.  It felt like half of my shots I made good contact, the other half I hit high on the club face.  I was trying to hit the ball out to the right and have it move back to the left.  I think during my next range session I will work on hitting the ball out to the right.  Once i'm able to hit the ball out to the right i'll worry about moving the ball back to the left.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

Putting putting putting! Bead bead bead with my practice putting device. I have an outing tomorrow at a country club I've never played before and have been told has some difficult greens. I should probably get there and practice distance control before I play tomorrow morning.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Note: This thread is 3190 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!