IGNORED

Tiger Woods Accused of Cheating With Amanda Dufner

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3202 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

\ They could have gotten an anonymous source who completely made things up, and that's ALL that's required.

You're wrong there.  The NE would lose the lawsuit if it is untrue and based on an anonymous source.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Wrong about what?

Wrong about there being more to it.

Like I said, if nothing comes out, people forget about it. If something comes out, you get to say "see, told you so." It's a pretty easy claim to make because there's little downside.

I'm just saying the NE wouldn't have printed this if they didn't have some sort of information, simple as that.

The amount and quality of the information they need to run with a story is pretty light.

You're wrong there.  The NE would lose the lawsuit if it is untrue and based on an anonymous source.

I don't think that's accurate. Never mind the fact that there's little in the way of reasons to sue rags like the NE. What's to be gained in Tiger or Amanda doing that? There's virtually no upside to them in suing even if they've done nothing at all wrong.

This now exhausts my interest in this. Respond if you like… I will not be. Didn't care about Tiger's actual personal life in 2009, don't care now. If this starts to affect his golf, I may care a bit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I say congratulations to Jason Dufner.  He got out cheap.  When I say cheap, he doesn't have a lot of time invested in the marriage and no children.  Other than the emotional price, Jason won't suffer much.  Amanda taught him a good lesson about finance.  I am a big fan of Dufner.  Just wished he could make all the short putts.

Would also like to add that as I understand it, if a lawsuit was filed, the questions in discovery on the court record can be brutal.  This is what prevented the National Enquirer from being continuously sued.  I think Carol Burnett was the only celebrity to take on the NE and she did it successfully.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patch

I'm not sure they should sue the NE. By doing so, NE's defense lawyers will most likely get permission to deeply scrutinize the plaintiff, as well as others involved with the law suit. This is main reason you don't see many lawsuits involving super market tabloids.  I don't think Woody would want a group of lawyers digging into his private life again, anymore than Amanda would. The suit would also drag on for years, and cost a ton of money. Best to let this argument die due to attrition.  All fictional of course.

Then again..............http://www.webpronews.com/amanda-boyd-lindsey-vonn-allegedly-caught-her-with-tiger-woods-2015-07

No one knows if this is true or false. I get a kick out of people who say this is fictional. How do they know??? Same with people who said this definitely happened. How do they know? At this point all we can do is believe what we want to believe. I don't want to believe it because I would hope Tiger wouldn't stab a fellow Tour player and friend in the back like that, but then again, Tiger doesn't have a great history, but this would stoop to a new low and I could never support him again.

Like I've said, for the NE to print this, they likely have something that links the two together. And the NE's history with Tiger Woods is pretty accurate...they were spot on about his affairs in the past. Like I said, I think more will come out about this in the future if it's true. Can't see it dying out if it really happened.

I don't normally explain my posts, but in this instance I will. The " All fictional of course" part of my post was meant for the fictional lawsuit, with the fictional law firm named. I am going out on a limb here and play like the weatherman does in their forecast. I am going with a 50/50 chance that he did knock off a batch or two with her. Now I'd like to see Dufner and Woody paired together in the last group on Sunday, and Dufner whispers something to Woody who then takes 14 putts on the last hole. :whistle:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Im all for tiger bangin any hot chick he can if it helps his confidence and game. and who says duffner didnt know and approve of his wife being with him ? maybe afterwards, it messed up the marriage. who knows or cares....its the duffner's life, not mine

Many people simply don't understand that there are women who choose men based on financial or social benefits period. This isn't s derogatory notion any more. There are many women who will admit it up front and see no shame whatsoever. As long as there are men who will play the game it will continue. The unfortunate outcome is when a genuinely nice guy like we assume Dufner is doesn't really see it and believes there is true love there mutually. I'm sure he's learned a valuable lesson and will be fine. I feel for the guy and hope he just moves on. As far as Tiger's deal, it's a tough call regarding the validity of such an accusation. But I can't imagine with today's social media being able to hide this for long if it's true.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Many people simply don't understand that there are women who choose men based on financial or social benefits period. This isn't s derogatory notion any more. There are many women who will admit it up front and see no shame whatsoever. As long as there are men who will play the game it will continue. The unfortunate outcome is when a genuinely nice guy like we assume Dufner is doesn't really see it and believes there is true love there mutually. I'm sure he's learned a valuable lesson and will be fine. I feel for the guy and hope he just moves on. As far as Tiger's deal, it's a tough call regarding the validity of such an accusation. But I can't imagine with today's social media being able to hide this for long if it's true.

How do you know that The Duff wasn't an ******* at home to her? I'm not saying it was the case, but how do we know it wasn't? We literally know nothing, at this point, about what caused the break up. She might have been the nicest person imaginable, and he could've been a boorish jerk. Our not. We just don't know. Anyways....

Colin P.

No.  Someone has to stand for maturity, class, and treating ALL women with a modicum of respect.  Maybe some folks on the thread do not have moms, wives, or daughters, but some of us do and find it disgusting the way women are being talked about here.  Panties get in a bunch if someone says some one "threw like  girl" but that is far less offensive than some of the comments made in this thread.  I'll defend to the death your right to say these things, but I will also defend to the death my right to criticize them.

So if you were hurt by what I said, maybe you should reconsider your own contributions to the discussion.  And if you feel fine about your contributions, than nothing I said matters.

Sorry, I have a wife and a daughter but no single group is entitled to respect, it's earned on a individual basis.

All men and women are capable of having questionable motives, morals and ethics that aren't worthy of being given respect.  Amanda might be a great person if you knew her, but our opinions of her are based on the way she conducts herself in public arenas that we are privy too.

If she cheated with Tiger they are both in the wrong, but imo she is more wrong since she was married and Tiger was someone that her husband worked with.

Joe Paradiso

How do you know that The Duff wasn't an ******* at home to her? I'm not saying it was the case, but how do we know it wasn't? We literally know nothing, at this point, about what caused the break up. She might have been the nicest person imaginable, and he could've been a boorish jerk. Our not. We just don't know. Anyways....

Absolutely right. That's why I said "assumption" Dufner is a nice guy. However, some people find it too difficult to accept that some stereotypical descriptions are really in fact accurate. There are those who truly believe Sterlings mistress was in love with him, that Hefner's women truly love him and his wealth plays no role. And that's fine. They feel good for taking that stance. Most of us know although it's a pleasant and romantic point of view, it's quite naive. But you're right. Who really knows? I personally feel Amanda is as I described earlier. But I guarantee you this, if it comes out that she was nothing but a gold digger, not one of the naysayers will post that they were wrong.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Absolutely right. That's why I said "assumption" Dufner is a nice guy. However, some people find it too difficult to accept that some stereotypical descriptions are really in fact accurate. There are those who truly believe Sterlings mistress was in love with him, that Hefner's women truly love him and his wealth plays no role. And that's fine. They feel good for taking that stance. Most of us know although it's a pleasant and romantic point of view, it's quite naive. But you're right. Who really knows? I personally feel Amanda is as I described earlier. But I guarantee you this, if it comes out that she was nothing but a gold digger, not one of the naysayers will post that they were wrong.

I think what @colin007 is getting at is why bother even making the assumption if you have to admit it's based on next to nothing? Why bother speculating?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Because it's no bother at all. There are terms such as "intuition", "6th sense", "1st impression" "I've got a feeling about this". Although today's society is trying so hard to believe they don't exist because they are offensive and life threatening, I do not follow that ideology and never will. I read, I listen, I analyze what I have and an not a coward to express an opinion be it premature or not. If I'm wrong, so what? I'll use it to learn better next time. Hell, the entire post is based on a speculation. That mvmac had no problem posting for discussion. Why bother without this accusation being confirmed? Ahh...get the picture now?

• Administrator
Because it's no bother at all. There are terms such as "intuition", "6th sense", "1st impression" "I've got a feeling about this". Although today's society is trying so hard to believe they don't exist because they are offensive and life threatening, I do not follow that ideology and never will. I read, I listen, I analyze what I have and an not a coward to express an opinion be it premature or not. If I'm wrong, so what? I'll use it to learn better next time. Hell, the entire post is based on a speculation. That mvmac had no problem posting for discussion. Why bother without this accusation being confirmed? Ahh...get the picture now?

So, wait… now it's "brave" (opposite of being a "coward") to post an opinion? C'mon @Vinsk . Let's not over-dramatize this or give yourself too much credit.

You're speculating. My sixth sense, my intuition, my impression, my feeling says this whole thing is bogus. So… where's that leave us? Nowhere.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So, wait… now it's "brave" (opposite of being a "coward") to post an opinion? C'mon @Vinsk . Let's not over-dramatize this or give yourself too much credit. You're speculating. My sixth sense, my intuition, my impression, my feeling says this whole thing is bogus. So… where's that leave us? Nowhere.

Just interesting discussion. You think it's bogus, others don't. Relax Erik, it's just simple discussion. Sometimes there isn't a finite answer and that's just fine.

• Administrator
Just interesting discussion. You think it's bogus, others don't. Relax Erik, it's just simple discussion. Sometimes there isn't a finite answer and that's just fine.

I'm not the least bit worked up. I did nothing but very quickly say the opposite of what you said and caution you against calling yourself "brave" simply for expressing an opinion.

Well, at least he is not molesting collies.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

[QUOTE name="Vinsk" url="/t/82974/tiger-woods-accused-of-cheating-with-amanda-dufner/144#post_1165175"] That mvmac had no problem posting for discussion. Why bother without this accusation being confirmed?[/QUOTE] LOL Every major online golf news outlet posted something about it. So even though it's probably false, I started a thread (someone else would have started it eventually) because it's going to create some discussion and get a lot of posts.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Sorry, I have a wife and a daughter but no single group is entitled to respect, it's earned on a individual basis.

All men and women are capable of having questionable motives, morals and ethics that aren't worthy of being given respect.  Amanda might be a great person if you knew her, but our opinions of her are based on the way she conducts herself in public arenas that we are privy too.

If she cheated with Tiger they are both in the wrong, but imo she is more wrong since she was married and Tiger was someone that her husband worked with.

No they're not,they just fancied a shag...if they did.

IT'S THE JUSTICE SYSTEM THATS SHAGGED!!! Just ask Robin Williams.

Note: This thread is 3202 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!