IGNORED

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The afternoon groups got screwed yesterday, so it all works out.

I think Chippy is the only dude who enjoys the harsh weather

Riley

The afternoon groups got screwed yesterday, so it all works out.

Well, there's a difference between a 15-20mph wind that the guys yesterday afternoon got compared to a 30-40mph wind that today's guys get. Willett and Warren may be like Oosthuizen from 5 years ago and get in the clubhouse early and put their feet up as the winds begin to blow like hell.

Also, some of the early morning guys today were very fortunate in that the wind started switching halfway through their round and they didn't have to play in both the rain and wind, like zinger said.

OK, this is pretty cool, tee shot tracers on the Road Hole yesterday

http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2015/7/16/8979397/british-open-protracer-montage-st-andrews-17th-hole

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He may be virtually unknown, but he has one thing going for him......He may getting the luckiest end of the draw, and could be huge.

He may be virtually unknown to you guys.. but wakey wakey, there is golf OUTSIDE of the States.. and that's where the majority of golfers exist .. Difficult to believe maybe haha ..Lucky end of the draw .. he played GOOD GOLF. Isn't like American football, baseball and ice hockey which is pretty well USA Canada and a couple of other countries

Danny Willett reminds me a little of Keegan Bradley. He's a little nutty and jittery.

Yeah he's kind of a weirdo lol. ------------- So what do you guys think will be the cut at the end of the day? E? +1?

Riley

He may be virtually unknown to you guys.. but wakey wakey, there is golf OUTSIDE of the States.. and that's where the majority of golfers exist .. Difficult to believe maybe haha

..Lucky end of the draw .. he played GOOD GOLF.

Isn't like American football, baseball and ice hockey which is pretty well USA Canada and a couple of other countries

Nah, the only golf outside of the US is the British Open and the Ryder Cup every 4 years. And those European golfers either play golf in the US or clearly just materialize out of thin air.

I've seen two people hit driver off the deck so far today. Love it.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Have some respect please.

Respect is Earnt.. it is just as easily lost. Just cos his name is Woods I'm afraid doesn't give a RIGHT to respect.. and apart from what happens in the course, celebrities private lives also affects right to respect .. that's the burden they have to bare.

[quote name="boogielicious" url="/t/83040/2015-british-open-at-st-andrews-discussion-thread/390#post_1170569"]Have some respect please.

Respect is Earnt.. it is just as easily lost. Just cos his name is Woods I'm afraid doesn't give a RIGHT to respect.. and apart from what happens in the course, celebrities private lives also affects right to respect .. that's the burden they have to bare.[/quote] That's a sad mindset. I feel bad for you.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Does it bug anyone else that the ESPN announcer (I think it's Tirico) doesn't know how to pronounce Jiménez?

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

My guy, Tommy Fleetwood, is backing up while most are taking advantage of nice conditions! +3 thru 6 so far today (E for tournament).

Edit: Thus far, I see about 30 players under par today for today's round, only 10 over par for today's round.  That can't make Tiger too hopeful that he can fight through tough conditions while everyone else struggles.

Looks like Fleetwood finished at plus 4 for the day, effectively knocking himself out of the weekend.  I had him in my draft kings.  Oh well.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Does it bug anyone else that the ESPN announcer (I think it's Tirico) doesn't know how to pronounce Jiménez?

Does he pronounce it "Jiménethhhhhh?

Riley

Does he pronounce it "Jiménethhhhhh?

He says HIM-enez

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Scores are going to be pretty brutal when the wind picks up. Nobody is going to be touching the rounds that the early players had yesterday. The low round out there right now is, what, -4?

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

The only thing the afternoon guys have going for them are that the pins are pretty reasonable today. The 11th is brutal, but the rest of them that I've seen are pretty manageable. Even 17 is in as vulnerable a spot as you can have it and 18 is driveable. Will be interesting to see if the DJ-Spieth group finishes today. Probably not, but the sun doesn't set until after 10 so they should be able to play pretty deep into their round. On a normal day they would, but it takes 5+ hours to play this course when it's full.

Scores are going to be pretty brutal when the wind picks up. Nobody is going to be touching the rounds that the early players had yesterday. The low round out there right now is, what, -4?

Russell Henley -6

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Note: This thread is 3024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!