IGNORED

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who has had the worse taste in sweaters, Nick Faldo or Cliff Huxtable?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Not really (but I haven't heard it yet).  He says Oost-HIGH-zen, whereas I've always heard it as Oost-HAY-zen.  (The emphasis is mine to show the differences, not the inflection - everybody puts the emphasis on the first syllable)

OHW-ST-HOW-ZEN Pronounced as it should be from it's 'Lowlands' origin.. stayed pretty well the same in Afrikaans.. as you say accent on first syllable, slightly on second .. I haven't heard a commentator anywhere apart from Dutch ones pronounce it correctly. I don't know why commentators aren't instructed in how to pronounce names properly, after all that's their JOB.

Over/under 75 for Tiger today?

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Can Tiger beat Faldo?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Over. [quote name="Zeph" url="/t/83040/2015-british-open-at-st-andrews-discussion-thread/440_40#post_1170672"]Can Tiger beat Faldo? [/quote] No.

Riley

Let's see if Tiger can hit a wedge over the burn today. :-P

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Tiger Tracker has the over under on 74.5. They're usually pretty spot on.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

No. In Spanish (as in Spain) the J is pronounced as a G. Not the American G though, hard to explain. Def. not a H as Americans say it.

edit: here an example of Juan

Weird - I'd call that more of an H than a G but I can see both sides (I'm a languages teacher, albeit French and German, not Spanish). The below is pretty much what I imagined it would be, bar the -ez ending (thought it was -eth)

Back on topic - I'm loving this Open. Loads of possible outcomes and drama so far. I was one of those who did enjoy the US Open at Chambers Bay, but you can't beat a real links course.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

So if these guys finish up at 10:30, they're not gonna be getting much sleep because they'll have to get up at prolly like 5 am to finish because I'm sure play will start back up around 7. Some of them are probably going to have to then go right back out depending on where they stand. Look forward to having some late night beers tonight getting home at 2am and watching these guys play the last few holes

So far, the wind isn't nearly as bad as they thought. Good break so far for the late guys. Tomorrow morning looks to be the worst though. Edit: may have spoke too soon. If those dark clouds are heading that way, these guys are dead.

Hideki Matsuyama birdies his first three holes. He's just waiting until the back nine to give them all away.

I love his swing. Even the pause at the top is cool to watch.

Note: This thread is 3026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!