IGNORED

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

colin007
Note:Β This thread is 3031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Lots of players quite displeased with the way R&A; is handling this today. Spieth, DJ, David Hearn, Poulter, Westwood among others. Really mismanaged today and now ESPN/ABC are gonna hate the ratings drop on Monday. With winds like that, there really is no other decision. But my lord at least have everyone stop at the same time.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland:Β CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

You show me a MAN that's NEVER looked at another woman and I'll show you a lyer.. his reputation is pretty clean compared to most ..

He was an allegedly abusive alcoholic who slept around and married another tour players wife.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 |Β TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood |Β Edel 3-PW | 52Β° | 60Β° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

β€œIt’s probably the oldest new course,” said George Wilkinson, a starter on the New Course. β€œMaybe they could market it that way.”

The New Course is a really strong test, maybe tougher than the Old course. Β Just down the road at Crail is another "new" course of about the same age. Β I met a member of the Crail Golfing Society in a pub, and he told me that at Crail they build a golf course every 100 years, whether they need it or not. Β The original 1768 club played at a course very close to town. Β When Crail became too crowded, in the late 1800's, they built the current Tom Morris designed Balcomie course ( for them, a new course) and abandoned the original. Β In the late 1900's, they added the Gil Hanse-designed Craighead course. Β If you're making a trip, and want good value, you can play both courses there in a single day for about half the price of a single round at Kingsbarns right next door.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist:Β 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 ballsΒ 
:ping:Β G5i putter, B60 version
Β :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy:,Β :true_linkswear:, and AshworthΒ shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

β€œIt’s probably the oldest new course,” said George Wilkinson, a starter on the New Course. β€œMaybe they could market it that way.” The New Course is a really strong test, maybe tougher than the Old course. Β Just down the road at Crail is another "new" course of about the same age. Β I met a member of the Crail Golfing Society in a pub, and he told me that at Crail they build a golf course every 100 years, whether they need it or not. Β The original 1768 club played at a course very close to town. Β When Crail became too crowded, in the late 1800's, they built the current Tom Morris designed Balcomie course ( for them, a new course) and abandoned the original. Β In the late 1900's, they added the Gil Hanse-designed Craighead course. Β If you're making a trip, and want good value, you can play both courses there in a single day for about half the price of a single round at Kingsbarns right next door.

Yes, I played Balcomie, had my best round in Scotland there actually. Lots of cool holes on that track.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

He was an allegedly abusive alcoholic who slept around and married another tour players wife.

Well with the average American marriage lasting only about 8 years, with his first lasting around 25 years and his current one still going strong after 16 I reckon he's doing hell of lot better than most in the US.

You show me a MAN that's NEVER looked at another woman and I'll show you a lyer.. his reputation is pretty clean compared to most ..

hahahahaha. Β He didn't just look though did he. Β I guess you are only on your high horse when you choose to be.

In my bag

Driver:Β Β  Β  Β SLDR 10.5*

Hybrids: Β Β Taylormade RBZ Stage 2

Irons:Β Β Β  Β  Β NikeVR PRO 4-PW

Wedges:Β Β  Nike VR Pro 50* 54* 58*

Putter:Β  Β  Β  2014 Newport 2

Ball:Β Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β E6

Well with the average American marriage lasting only about 8 years, with his first lasting around 25 years and his current one still going strong after 16 I reckon he's doing hell of lot better than most in the US.

LOL. Β What are you a lobbyist? I guess after I'm married for 20 years it's open season on your wife then, is that right? Β Stupid comment.

In my bag

Driver:Β Β  Β  Β SLDR 10.5*

Hybrids: Β Β Taylormade RBZ Stage 2

Irons:Β Β Β  Β  Β NikeVR PRO 4-PW

Wedges:Β Β  Nike VR Pro 50* 54* 58*

Putter:Β  Β  Β  2014 Newport 2

Ball:Β Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β E6

Lots of players quite displeased with the way R&A; is handling this today. Spieth, DJ, David Hearn, Poulter, Westwood among others. Really mismanaged today and now ESPN/ABC are gonna hate the ratings drop on Monday. With winds like that, there really is no other decision. But my lord at least have everyone stop at the same time.

The winds were supposedly not that strong when they started out and they checked the conditions for an hour before starting. They can't predict well enough that the winds will suddenly pick up.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

The winds were supposedly not that strong when they started out and they checked the conditions for an hour before starting. They can't predict well enough that the winds will suddenly pick up.

I think the common complaint is they even started today and then others had to play on while some didn't start. Thats an issue.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland:Β CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Ben Curtis didn't hit a shot. He knew they would stop it, i am guessing... The guys going back out will take their time too. I do think it sucks they are not trying to get even more in today and Monday Golf is boring, no matter who is on the leader board. If the weather is acceptable, let them play 36...

R&A; Statement

The forecasts we are receiving predict a drop in wind speeds between 3 & 4pm. Play is expected to resume at 4pm, providing we have acceptable wind speeds. Β The intention is to complete the second round today with the third round to be played on Sunday and the final round to be played on Monday.

4 PM is in one hour.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

5-10 mph and rainy for tomorrow.

Hmmm so a little wind stops them from playing huh? What a bunch of babies.. What are they afraid of? Some high scores? You know what I suggest? Just wait it out this whole week and when ever there is 0 wind play what ever you can and so on until you finish all 4 rounds.. Wouldn't want to put the players up against any hardship.. Actually, I have a better idea.. Just forget playing at the course again, wouldn't want them to face any wind.. Rant over

:adams:Β / :tmade:Β / :edel:Β / :aimpoint:Β / :ecco:Β / :bushnell:Β /Β :gamegolf:Β /Β 

Eyad

5-10 mph and rainy for tomorrow.

You'll see 63s and 64s with those winds. If I'm Dustin and Jordan I'm praying for these winds to continue so they can't restart til tomorrow

Hmmm so a little wind stops them from playing huh? What a bunch of babies.. What are they afraid of? Some high scores? You know what I suggest? Just wait it out this whole week and when ever there is 0 wind play what ever you can and so on until you finish all 4 rounds.. Wouldn't want to put the players up against any hardship.. Actually, I have a better idea.. Just forget playing at the course again, wouldn't want them to face any wind.. Rant over

When a ball can't stop on a flat green slower greens no golf can be played. Your asking the players to hole out from off the green to finish a hole.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Hmmm so a little wind stops them from playing huh? What a bunch of babies.. What are they afraid of? Some high scores?

You know what I suggest? Just wait it out this whole week and when ever there is 0 wind play what ever you can and so on until you finish all 4 rounds.. Wouldn't want to put the players up against any hardship.. Actually, I have a better idea.. Just forget playing at the course again, wouldn't want them to face any wind..

Rant over

A little wind?

People were blown over, and the ball will not stay in place.

I'm surprised the R&A; did not send out a few markers this morning before they sent out players, to see if the course was playable for a Championship.

But that would have taken imagination... creativity... a rational solution.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

Dude they had like 60 mph winds. You couldn't play American football in that, let alone golf.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 |Β TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood |Β Edel 3-PW | 52Β° | 60Β° | Blade Putter

Note:Β This thread is 3031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!