IGNORED

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just have this feeling Adam Scott is gonna "come from nowhere" and win this. Hard thinking Scott as an underdog but really hasn't played the best this year. I just have a feeling softer conditions will help alleviate his putting woes. St Andrews is gonna make for a longer stretched out course with the softer conditions. It also usually seems to have pretty darn good champions winning it. I won't rule out Spieth, but just have a hunch Scott is gonna get the Claret Jug finally.

I like Adam only because he has Stevie on the bag and he nearly came out of nowhere to win at Chambers with him. Only concern with Adam is hes not the strongest wind player. The last few years the wind has been calm and Adams competed, but not sure they'll avoid it this year.

Quote:
Sweden's Alex Noren has pulled out of next week's Open Championship due to injury and has been replaced in the field by Japan's Hiroshi Iwata.

The 33 year old missed most of 2014 with tendonitis in both wrists, but bounced back to win a fourth European Tour title on home soil at the Nordea Masters last month.

Scotland's Richie Ramsay, who finished second in the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship at St Andrews last year, is now first reserve.

American Shawn Stefani is second reserve for the third Major Championship of the year, which will see Jordan Spieth attempt to claim the third leg of an unprecedented calendar grand slam following his victories in the Masters Tournament and US Open.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2015/tournamentid=2015054/news/newsid=264023.html#UxOGIjKtpXUQ90q3.99

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I will watch Matt Kuchar to break through and win the Open Championship.

He's had seven career wins - including the 2012 Players Championship - but has never won one of the "big four" majors.

This season he has six top 10 finishes, and has made the cut in 16 of 17 events. This includes tied for second at the Scottish Open, a good warm-up for the British Open.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Groupings are out:  http://www.theopen.com/en/TeeTimes.aspx#!/R1

Langer, Lehman, Leonard has a catchy ring to it.

Ian Poulter, Bubba Watson, Charl Schwartzel - Pouty group?

Tiger Woods, Louis Oosthuizen, Jason Day - Nice of them to pair Woods w/someone he likes.

David Duval, Stewart Cink, Ben Curtis - Haven't done anything in a while group.

Jordan Spieth, Dustin Johnson, Hideki Matsuyama

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Groupings are out:  http://www.theopen.com/en/TeeTimes.aspx#!/R1

Langer, Lehman, Leonard has a catchy ring to it.

Ian Poulter, Bubba Watson, Charl Schwartzel - Pouty group?

Tiger Woods, Louis Oosthuizen, Jason Day - Nice of them to pair Woods w/someone he likes.

David Duval, Stewart Cink, Ben Curtis - Haven't done anything in a while group.

Love the:

and

Tiger Woods, Louis Oosthuizen, Jason Day pairings.

I sure hope the streaming coverage has them live.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Wouldn't want to be near the Schwartzel-Poulter-Watson grouping. Being around those guys and their whining and anger issues would put anyone in a bad mood. I'd rather stick with the happy group...Watson-Snedeker-Els.

This weather forecast may scare the players:

FRIDAY

RAIN early with clearing skies and increasing winds throughout the day. High 66. Winds 15-20mph with higher gusts in the afternoon. Chance of rain 100%.

SATURDAY:

VERY WINDY with on and off clouds. High 63. Winds 20-30mph with higher gusts. Chance of rain 40%.

FRIDAY

RAIN early with clearing skies and increasing winds throughout the day. High 66. Winds 15-20mph with higher gusts in the afternoon. Chance of rain 100%.

SATURDAY:

VERY WINDY with on and off clouds. High 63. Winds 20-30mph with higher gusts. Chance of rain 40%.

That seems like pretty normal weather in that part of the world.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Something wrong w/your order or service? Tweet it! That's how it's done now right? Aer Lingus trying to locate Graham DeLaet's clubs. Open the tweet, there's lots of replies. Seems to have hit a nerve.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

FRIDAY

SATURDAY:

Rory saw the weather forecast and decided not to risk the injury! ;)

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

That seems like pretty normal weather in that part of the world.

Not normal of late though. Haven't had many windy British Opens the last few years. 2008 and 2009 was nasty and you had the 2nd round in 2010 and 3rd round in 2011, but 2012, 2013 and 2014 were pretty benign and it's been pretty benign there the last couple weeks. Winds aren't even blowing there today.

Picks for The Open to win a dozen BBalls have been reeling in. Over 100 entries.

It would be interesting to see how many are void or duplicate selections........

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Picks for The Open to win a dozen BBalls have been reeling in. Over 100 entries.

It would be interesting to see how many are void or duplicate selections........

Actually, it's a dozen dozen.

No way I'm going back through to find a unique entry at this point.  Not to mention that I have enough new golf balls to last for several years already.

"Witty golf quote."

[quote name="Aguirre" url="/t/83040/2015-british-open-at-st-andrews-discussion-thread/90#post_1168421"] Actually, it's a dozen dozen.   [/quote] It's a gross, people!

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note to self: pick someone other than Gary Player to introduce me upon my Hall of Fame induction.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

It's a gross, people!

Yep, 144 little pellets which would take me exactly 144 days of  to lose them, based on losing an average of "one a day"

Well, maybe they would last a tad longer, given I can not play every single day.

Maybe I'll just take my time and cherish the fact that I was lucky enough to win.

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Note: This thread is 3004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!