IGNORED

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wonder why nobody saw what happend on green 15 on de last day. Zach hits his first putt, walks towards the ball and taps twice his putter on what I think is his line of play. Looked like the tapping you do after putting to egalise a spikemark.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hate to say it, and it probably goes against the prevailing view, but I have to say that Spieth is incredibly boring. He is clearly a nice young man, but he is dull as dishwater. And his golf is not exciting either. Solid, yes, but pretty dull. If he wasn't American, I suspect that many on here would be more inclined to agree with me.

I actually agree with you. And I almost made a thread about this last week. I think Spieth's image is contrived. There isn't a single 21 year old that is that mature, sorry. I was mature for a 21 year old, but I still was an idiot. Spieth would be much more interesting to me if he shed his laced up image every once in a while.

I strongly prefer Rory. His golf is so much more electric. He seems to be more genuine because he's not interested in projecting a perfect image of himself. I can relate to wanting to throw a club in a lake, for example.

That said, I was still rooting for Spieth on Monday. Would have been a great story and cool to see.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I hate to say it, and it probably goes against the prevailing view, but I have to say that Spieth is incredibly boring. He is clearly a nice young man, but he is dull as dishwater. And his golf is not exciting either. Solid, yes, but pretty dull. If he wasn't American, I suspect that many on here would be more inclined to agree with me.

s

+1

I actually agree with you. And I almost made a thread about this last week. I think Spieth's image is contrived. There isn't a single 21 year old that is that mature, sorry. I was mature for a 21 year old, but I still was an idiot. Spieth would be much more interesting to me if he shed his laced up image every once in a while.

I strongly prefer Rory. His golf is so much more electric. He seems to be more genuine because he's not interested in projecting a perfect image of himself. I can relate to wanting to throw a club in a lake, for example.

That said, I was still rooting for Spieth on Monday. Would have been a great story and cool to see.

Yeah, you would be surprised (well maybe not now) how many people out there agree with you @weekend hacker1 .  I know of a few others as well.  (I'm not one of them, though.  I like him a lot.)  But you are not alone. :beer:

Wow, this is spot on 100% for me.

I think his maturity is an act...  Prefer watching Rory over Spieth...  Still was rooting for Jordan on Monday.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Wow, this is spot on 100% for me.

I think his maturity is an act...  Prefer watching Rory over Spieth...  Still was rooting for Jordan on Monday.

I don't think it is an act at all.

My older son is great around adults, and acts at a different level among his friends. Knowing how to act appropriately among different age groups is ... a sign of maturity.

Did you see him with his friends after the US Open ... he was acting like a 21 yr old.

Don't know what  you guys want ... it's not like he has a haughty Brit accent and walks with his nose in the air on the course. No. You get a walking commentary on his game. More than you get from most golfers.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Greatness always begets detractors. It's human nature, people like to root for the underdog. See Tiger, Phil, Rory, the Yankees, Celtics, Lakers, et. al. The more Spieth dominates, the more he will be scrutinized and the greater his legion of detractors will become.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Color me confused.

Me too, if he is smart enough  to "act" mature I'd say that makes him pretty mature.

Joe Paradiso

Yeah I don't understand people who say it's "an act." So tigers was an act too? Phils? Rory's? I don't get it. So you're nice and respectful to people in front of the camera. Is that a crime? What you are off the camera...nobody knows unless you're there or hear otherwise. You shouldn't assume because more times than not you're wrong.

I know guys in the Dallas Catholic community and Jesuit, where Spieth went to high school and are golfers. They have spoken with Jordan numerous times and were impressed. Had nothing bad to say about him.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Doesn't matter if you're boring when you're as good as Spieth.  The guy has a good shot to win 10 majors.  You have that talent, be as boring as you want.

"Witty golf quote."

I know guys in the Dallas Catholic community and Jesuit, where Spieth went to high school and are golfers. They have spoken with Jordan numerous times and were impressed. Had nothing bad to say about him.

Uh huh .... suuuuuure.  How do we know that's not part of the act?

The act starts when he wakes up in the morning and prays then makes breakfast for his sister (I don't know what he does) then it ends when he prays himself to sleep.  In between its all a big polite, well mannered show.

But after he falls asleep, the "real" Jordan comes out where he goes on murderous rampages and has orgies with hookers.  (Of course, that might just be him dreaming about playing GTAV) :-P

JS reminds me too much of tom kite or cory pavin. Back in the day, if i turned on sunday golf and one of those two were leading, i'd just take a nap.

Sorry I can't find the link, but Colin Cowherd did a hilarious talk on Spieth and DJ during the U.S. OPEN. Basically talks about the entertainment value and says { DJ hits the ball a mile, swaggers down the fairway and goes out partying with his smoke show girlfriend (wife) , probably did some drugs and getting clean.....Spieth was in bed at the Ritz at 8 o'clock.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

[quote name="sean anigans" url="/t/83040/2015-british-open-at-st-andrews-discussion-thread/1404#post_1173342"]JS reminds me too much of tom kite or cory pavin. Back in the day, if i turned on sunday golf and one of those two were leading, i'd just take a nap.

Sorry I can't find the link, but Colin Cowherd did a hilarious talk on Spieth and DJ during the U.S. OPEN. Basically talks about the entertainment value and says { DJ hits the ball a mile, swaggers down the fairway and goes out partying with his smoke show girlfriend (wife) , probably did some drugs and getting clean.....Spieth was in bed at the Ritz at 8 o'clock.[/quote] Meanwhile Rory is singing with One Direction :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Uh huh .... suuuuuure.  How do we know that's not part of the act?

The act starts when he wakes up in the morning and prays then makes breakfast for his sister (I don't know what he does) then it ends when he prays himself to sleep.  In between its all a big polite, well mannered show.

But after he falls asleep, the "real" Jordan comes out where he goes on murderous rampages and has orgies with hookers.  (Of course, that might just be him dreaming about playing GTAV)

:-D

To those who say it's an act, you can not act that well all the time. If so, he'd be in Hollywood or be raised by Phil Mickelson. :-$

:-D To those who say it's an act, you can not act that well all the time. If so, he'd be in Hollywood or be raised by Phil Mickelson.:-$

John W. Gacy was a well respected man in his community. Gave to charity and worked for his local church. He wasn't in Hollywood nor raised by Phil Mickelson.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsk View Post

John W. Gacy was a well respected man in his community. Gave to charity and worked for his local church. He wasn't in Hollywood nor raised by Phil Mickelson.

Thought he worked as a clown.  How respected can the community clown be?

Note: This thread is 3026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!