IGNORED

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is The Open only on ESPN? I do not get that.

You can also watch it on espn3.com or the watch ESPN app on your smart phone or later in the day they'll rebroadcast it on abc. So, no, not only on ESPN.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Weather: http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/UKXX0976:1:UK

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Is The Open only on ESPN? I do not get that.

Will be on NBC in 2017.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Weather: [URL=http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/UKXX0976:1:UK]http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/UKXX0976:1:UK[/URL]

So no big winds, just some rain. That's too bad.

~Jorrit

Tiger after this round:

Quote:
"I felt like I was playing well enough to win this event," Woods said after finishing off a round of 75 in the weather-delayed second round. "... I had my opportunities, I just didn't get the ball close enough, and then when I did, I didn't make them."

http://www.theopen.com/VideoAudio

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

He's not making the cut. If he can't break 76 in calm conditions, he sure as hell ain't doing it in windy ones. He thinks he's close, but he's got a long, long, long ways to go. Today was just tough to watch.

I wouldn't bet against him making the cut.  I'd say you were 100% right if it was almost anybody else but Tiger's got a very strong "fight" mentality . .if the field starts losing ground,

Tiger after this round:

Ha! That's exactly how *I* feel.   The only thing keeping me from winning every major ever is just one thing . .sucking at golf, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post

Tiger after this round:

Quote:
"I felt like I was playing well enough to win this event," Woods said after finishing off a round of 75 in the weather-delayed second round. "... I had my opportunities, I just didn't get the ball close enough, and then when I did, I didn't make them."

Sounds like he's getting more and more disconnected from reality.  First he was using weekend tournament rounds as practice rounds, then he was "re-establishing his baseline" or whatever, now he's "playing well enough to win", but still missing cuts and finishing near last place.  Getting the ball close enough and making putts are two rather integral parts of playing well enough to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingWhacker View Post

...I wouldn't bet against him making the cut.  I'd say you were 100% right if it was almost anybody else but Tiger's got a very strong "fight" mentality . .if the field starts losing ground...

News flash - he missed the cut.  By a large margin.  Only 7 players in the field scored higher than him - of those seven, one is an amateur and three are old enough for AARP memberships.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

David Duval is going nuts!  5 under through 13, watch the weather get nasty and him be in contention for the final round.

David Duval is going nuts!  5 under through 13, watch the weather get nasty and him be in contention for the final round.

Go David!!!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Duval to -6 today. -6 overall.

Furyk -5 today. -5 overall.

McDowell making a charge. -5 on the day, with a double bogey and a bogey.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Some low scores out there today. It'll be interesting to see what the leaders can do.

I wonder if Mickelson's ball was dirty, since he hit it in the burn on hole one.

Yeah, Watch ESPN App has been a blessing for me. Has worked great.

Does anybody else have it right now on ESPN? My comcast guide says it is supposed to be on but it's not, just sportscenter.

??????

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisP

Yeah, Watch ESPN App has been a blessing for me. Has worked great.

Does anybody else have it right now on ESPN? My comcast guide says it is supposed to be on but it's not, just sportscenter.

??????

Ditto, but I'm watching baseball highlights (even though the built in schedule says The Open is on). Found this:

I think that's 7am start (few minutes) for EDT here.

My Swing

Note: This thread is 3004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!