Sign in to follow this  
colin007

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

Note: This thread is 1639 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1,480 posts / 59003 viewsLast Reply

thanks! Assume that's the Open app. I should get that for next year. Luck has it that I'll be able to watch tomorrow!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Maybe DJ needs to be well off the lead in the final round. Damn, that was tough today. Becoming the Weiskoph of his era? I'll go back to him on the tee times below, has the ability to shoot 64-65 and hope the weather takes a change for the worse for the leaders.

I'll be cheering on the ams and Jason Day to get his first, but if the kid gets the first 3 majors in a calendar year, I'll be perfectly fine with that.

12:25 p.m. — Jim Furyk, Dustin Johnson
12:35 p.m. — Marc Warren, Hideki Matuyama,
12:45 p.m. — Anthony Wall, Stewart Cink
1:00 p.m. — Patrick Reed, Ryan Palmer
1:10 p.m. — Rickie Fowler, Steven Bowditch
1:20 p.m. — Charl Schwartzel, Eddie Pepperell
1:30 p.m. — Danny Willett, Zach Johnson
1:40 p.m. — Adam Scott, Robert Streb
1:50 p.m. — Retief Goosen, Justin Rose
2:00 p.m. — Jordan Niebrugge (a), Sergio Garcia
2:10 p.m. — Padraig Harrington, Marc Leishman
2:20 p.m. — Jordan Spieth, Jason Day
2:30 p.m. — Paul Dunne (a), Louis Oosthuizen

I'm pulling for Spieth or DJ. If they tank, then Day. I know Padraig seems to be a good guy but he just irritates me with his slow play and rabbit ears.

Am I the only that notices how much less hype Jordan Spieth gets compared to Tiger Woods when he was his age? When Tiger came on the scene he absolutely dominated the sports and mainstream media. Now Jordan, damn near as close to anyone's been to a grand slam in 80+ years, gets a sliver of the attention. He is one good round away from matching Ben Hogan as the only player to hold the first three majors in The Masters era. He is closer than Tiger ever was to an actual slam.

I am pulling 100% for Jordan to make history. This run is something special,

Am I the only that notices how much less hype Jordan Spieth gets compared to Tiger Woods when he was his age? When Tiger came on the scene he absolutely dominated the sports and mainstream media. Now Jordan, damn near as close to anyone's been to a grand slam in 80+ years, gets a sliver of the attention. He is one good round away from matching Ben Hogan as the only player to hold the first three majors in The Masters era. He is closer than Tiger ever was to an actual slam. I am pulling 100% for Jordan to make history. This run is something special,

All they've talked about for the last six months is Spieth. And Tiger did have a slam: he remains the only player to hold all 4 major titles simultaneously.

I am conflicted on this one. Some part of me wants to see Spieth go into the final major going for the grand slam. I also would like to see Jason Day win one after his gritty performance at the US Open. I also want to see an amateur win a major.

Boy, I gotta agree with you 100%

Am I the only that notices how much less hype Jordan Spieth gets compared to Tiger Woods when he was his age? When Tiger came on the scene he absolutely dominated the sports and mainstream media. Now Jordan, damn near as close to anyone's been to a grand slam in 80+ years, gets a sliver of the attention. He is one good round away from matching Ben Hogan as the only player to hold the first three majors in The Masters era. He is closer than Tiger ever was to an actual slam.

I am pulling 100% for Jordan to make history. This run is something special,

Tiger won six consecutive USGA tournaments. He won one of his first few starts as a pro. He was a minority. He won the Masters by 12 in his first pro major.

Jordan doesn't even have the lead in the third leg. It's been an impressive run, but… I think Jordan has gotten quite a bit of publicity and attention and hype. There are threads asking if he's the next "Tiger." He's being asked about the Grand Slam all the time. People criticized his choice to go win the John Deere because they thought it might limit his prep for the THIRD leg of his run at the calendar-year slam.

P.S. Tiger won the Grand Slam within about the last 15 years: .

Um...you do know that golf is hard, right?

That's true, but pretty much everybody shot good scores. DJ did not. I like DJ, but he's a little disappointing.

I am conflicted on this one. Some part of me wants to see Spieth go into the final major going for the grand slam. I also would like to see Jason Day win one after his gritty performance at the US Open. I also want to see an amateur win a major.

A ton of great storylines, but I have to say the thought of watching the PGA with a grand slam on the line for Spieth trumps the rest for me.

I like Day, and it would be great to see him win, but it would be a story that eventually fades.

A 22-year old amateur winning doesn't impress me much when a 21-year old kid holds the first two majors and is in line for his third.

Just to clarify, Paul Dunne won't be winning any prize money tomorrow, right? Even if he turns pro right after the tournament?

Just to clarify, Paul Dunne won't be winning any prize money tomorrow, right? Even if he turns pro right after the tournament?

Yes. And he is turning pro right after the tournament… He's playing in the Canadian Open as a pro, I think.

Yes. And he is turning pro right after the tournament… He's playing in the Canadian Open as a pro, I think.

Wow, that's kind of a bummer.

Well if he was smart he'd have placed a bet on himself at Ladbrokes over there. He was 1500-1. Put 50 bucks on yourself and collect a nice big chunk of change.

Note: This thread is 1639 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!