IGNORED

Should Golf Dump Donald Trump?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should Golf dump Trump?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe for the time being but not forever

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Hoover

With that statement you have accomplished that!

People of all races, ethnic backgrounds, or countries are rapists and drug dealers, he is just being racist for singling them out.

Of the more than 31 million foreign-born people living in the United States in 2009, about 20 million were either citizens or legal residents. Of those who did not have authorization to be here, about 45 percent entered the country legally and then let their papers expire. Similar to getting you license revoked for not paying tickets/fees, thus being more similar to Golfingdads quote below.

DT is likely to make more absurd comments thus ensuring that the golf organizations that deal with him will have not choice but to stat away.

Actually you're quite wrong. First "Mexican" is not a race. It's a nationality. USA has a unique problem with illegal immigration at our southern border simply due to geography. I think you've joined to PC movement to do your best to make anything a racial matter without putting any solid thinking into it. We have an issue with the Mexican government and the large influx of Mexicans entering the U.S. Illegally due the common sense factor of their country bordering ours. That is NOT racist.

Should Golf Dump Trump?  That is the question on this thread.

US is not unique with border control problems. Ask every European country.  Even Mexico has issues with its southern border. Trump should understand that. But he is just playing the Reality Show Star.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm going to make this VERY simple. If you want to talk about how Donald Trump's comments on illegal immigration have affected golf, post here. If you want to talk about ANYTHING ELSE related to him, post here: http://thesandtrap.com/t/82688/donald-trump-for-president/0_30

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I'm going to make this VERY simple.

If you want to talk about how Donald Trump's comments on illegal immigration have affected golf, post here.

If you want to talk about ANYTHING ELSE related to him, post here: http://thesandtrap.com/t/82688/donald-trump-for-president/0_30

I've made a similar plead so many posts ago, and provided the same link to no avail.

We had enough votes to understand what people are thinking about the subject.   Perhaps, it's best to close this thread?

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I've made a similar plead so many posts ago, and provided the same link to no avail.  We had enough votes to understand what people are thinking about the subject. Perhaps, it's best to close this thread?

I don't think there's reason to do that. When a post like @mvmac 's about the open letter comes up, this is still the best place for it to go.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

I've made a similar plead so many posts ago, and provided the same link to no avail.

We had enough votes to understand what people are thinking about the subject.   Perhaps, it's best to close this thread?

I don't think there's reason to do that. When a post like@mvmac's about the open letter comes up, this is still the best place for it to go.

Got it.

Yeah, that was a perfect post from @mvmac.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Wow looks like the MODS had a field day and censored most the more lively discussions on the Donald and the tread where the MODS would like us to migrate to has recently turned into a discuss on Greece .... interesting.

Best to make my point on the Donald and golf quickly before this reply is clipped.

I don't think that Donald is good for golf because he constantly wants to take the game upscale.

This is pure jealousy on my part because I am an avid golfer and frankly while I would like to play at the Trump courses I cannot afford it.

Paying $250 or more for a round is not something that I nor the majority of golfers can afford.

This is certainly no way to grow or maintain participation in the game of golf.

Wow looks like the MODS had a field day and censored most the more lively discussions on the Donald and the tread where the MODS would like us to migrate to has recently turned into a discuss on Greece .... interesting.

Best to make my point on the Donald and golf quickly before this reply is clipped.

Just went through the entire thread and didn't see any posts that were deleted.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Wow looks like the MODS had a field day and censored most the more lively discussions on the Donald and the tread where the MODS would like us to migrate to has recently turned into a discuss on Greece .... interesting. Best to make my point on the Donald and golf quickly before this reply is clipped. I don't think that Donald is good for golf because he constantly wants to take the game upscale. This is pure jealousy on my part because I am an avid golfer and frankly while I would like to play at the Trump courses I cannot afford it. Paying $250 or more for a round is not something that I nor the majority of golfers can afford. This is certainly no way to grow or maintain participation in the game of golf.

I agree with the opposition to upscale golf. I don't think DT will have much effect because I figure most golf out there is done on our local munis. Sure we all take a trip here and there and play the expensive courses, but day to day American golfers won't be "trumped" by DT building or buying courses and making them upscale.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Nothing was deleted, they were all just moved to the other Donald thread because we (yep, I had several moved as well) weren't talking about golf anymore, hence it was off topic.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/82688/donald-trump-for-president/240_30#post_1170272

Just went through the entire thread and didn't see any posts that were deleted.

In fact, I undeleted a few posts that had been deleted for being OT before the migration.

In my bag:

• 1 month later...

There's no reason why Trump should "lose his seat at the table of golf."

Plus, he owns a lot of golf properties, so it's not like we can "kick him out."

The PGA Tour is no different from the rest of pro sports leagues. After its scare with the Augusta National boycott, pro golf wants to steer clear of any political controversy, even if it means bowing to political correctness.

Take the NFL for example: The league ties itself in knots over domestic violence issues. Granted, spousal abuse should not be tolerated. But, the NFL has a much lower instance of spousal abuse than the population in general. Also, there's the issue of due process. Society as a whole has to do a better job of diagnosing and eliminating domestic violence situations. Right now the NFL is making a goal-line-stand against Tom Brady's DeflateGate appeal. Think what would happen in lawsuits if the NFL jumped on someone for spousal abuse and he later was found to be innocent of charges?

As for Donald Trump, he's a politician and is running for office. The challenge is, where do golf concerns end and politics begin. Recent surveys show that legal immigrants and naturalized citizens SUPPORT Trump heavily in his pending campaign against illegal aliens. This includes Mexican-Americans.

As for Golf Post's Mike Purkey, he needs to stick to golf minutae and leave political commentary with those who can understand the issues. Mike gets on Trump for opposing immigrants - that's not the case. Trump did not attack legal immigrants, he attacked illegal aliens. Hence Trump's support from legal immigrants and new citizens.

[ Reality check: Trump's raising the issue of 11 million illegals is valid... his deportation plan is not. ]

The talk that Trump should  "lose his seat at the table of golf" is a lot of feel-good blather by the political sissies of golfdom. As the accompanying thread poll indicates, a TST plurality of 48% does not favor dumping Trump.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

The political correctness sensitivity levels are at an all time high.  Businesses and organizations don't want to be associated with anyone that is controversial out of fear that they will suffer some backlash as a result.  Golf and especially the LPGA got in bed with Trump when they needed him, now that he's a risk they want to disassociate themselves from him.

I see no problem with the PGA, PGA Tour, USGA and LPGA stating publicly that they do not endorse Trump nor do they agree with any of the statements he makes.  Where I think they are wrong is opting to cancel tournaments and refusing to schedule future tournaments at his courses to simply appease a subsection of the population.

It will be interesting to see how they engage Trump should he pull off a miracle victory and actually become POTUS.  I'm thinking some might be eating huge chunks of humble pie and offering to shine his shoes in order to get back in his good graces.

Joe Paradiso

Where I think they are wrong is opting to cancel tournaments and refusing to schedule future tournaments at his courses to simply appease a subsection of the population.

Trump pissed off (and still pissing) women, and Hispanic population.  For any business, that's a significant population even for golf.  Businesses are trying to appease the majority of their customer base.   Hence, I think most of them are making "business" justification, not really trying to be politically correct by catering to a "subsection."     That's true with any other business & athlete relationship.    For Univision, it probably goes beyond just doing what is right for their business, and way beyond just being PC.    Outside of those who are supporting Trump, many are really ticked off at Trump which is why he has very little chance of winning the general election.

PS: if Trump is favored by a majority of populating including Dems, Independents, and Liberals, a very few businesses will shy away from partnering with Trump no matter what his rhetoric is.   Business is what business does.   They catered to shareholders, not Trump.

PPS: some in this thread mentioned that we have a two party system.  I feel like there are 3 parties: Dem, Rep, and Tea Party.   I think the only reason why Tea party is still part of Rep is that b/c they need each other.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Trump pissed off (and still pissing) women, and Hispanic population.  For any business, that's a significant population even for golf.  Businesses are trying to appease the majority of their customer base.   Hence, I think most of them are making "business" justification, not really trying to be politically correct by catering to a "subsection."     That's true with any other business & athlete relationship.    For Univision, it probably goes beyond just doing what is right for their business, and way beyond just being PC.    Outside of those who are supporting Trump, many are really ticked off at Trump which is why he has very little chance of winning the general election.

PS: if Trump is favored by a majority of populating including Dems, Independents, and Liberals, a very few businesses will shy away from partnering with Trump no matter what his rhetoric is.   Business is what business does.   They catered to shareholders, not Trump.

PPS: some in this thread mentioned that we have a two party system.  I feel like there are 3 parties: Dem, Rep, and Tea Party.   I think the only reason why Tea party is still part of Rep is that b/c they need each other.

Just to clarify, the only Hispanics that should be pissed are the ones that are here illegally.  Trump has not said anything negative about Hispanics that are US citizens or here on VISA's.

He attacked Rosie (easily justifiable) and Megyn Kelly (not easily justified) and over the years has made some stupid comments that most men make while hanging out with their buddies.  Most of the women I know like Trump and reference his wife and daughter who are both successful, independent and strong women.

I think the people that are pissed at Trump are the ones that don't like him which is fine but you have to be careful when you're a big business and you decide to take sides in political arenas.  As I said if the long shot plays out and Trump becomes POTUS, the LPGA is going to look stupid.

Joe Paradiso

I think the people that are pissed at Trump are the ones that don't like him which is fine but you have to be careful when you're a big business and you decide to take sides in political arenas.  As I said if the long shot plays out and Trump becomes POTUS, the LPGA is going to look stupid.

It's not a good sign for Trump when you have Ben Carson making headway. When you put them side by side, Trump looks like a teenager throwing a tantrum. The worst thing for Trump is for someone to not get into a back and forth match with him. That is why Kasich was brilliant in the first debate to actually complement Trump for his passion to bring up issues that are important. In the debate you could see Trump standing there, he heard his name, and you saw it in his eyes he was ready to retaliate. Then Kasich didn't rip into him and Trump got this, "Oh he's saying nice things" look. It was really hilarious to see the shift from attack mode to I enjoy compliment mode.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

It's not a good sign for Trump when you have Ben Carson making headway. When you put them side by side, Trump looks like a teenager throwing a tantrum. The worst thing for Trump is for someone to not get into a back and forth match with him. That is why Kasich was brilliant in the first debate to actually complement Trump for his passion to bring up issues that are important. In the debate you could see Trump standing there, he heard his name, and you saw it in his eyes he was ready to retaliate. Then Kasich didn't rip into him and Trump got this, "Oh he's saying nice things" look. It was really hilarious to see the shift from attack mode to I enjoy compliment mode.

If the election were tomorrow, Carson or Fiorina would get my vote (even though I hate Carsons religious rhetoric).

You're right about taking Trump on.  Jeb tried it and he's taken some major hits in the polls as well as losing some campaign leaders and financers.  Jeb keeps forgetting GW did and said so many stupid things in office that Trump can pull from it's idiotic for Jeb to try and compete with Trump at that level.

The other candidates also cannot compete with Trump in a media war, so as you stated, the best thing is to give him no reason to come after you as Kasich and Carson have done.

Joe Paradiso

I really like - and admire - Megyn Kelly. If I were running for president and won, she would be on my short list for White House press secretary.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 3150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!