IGNORED

Should Golf Dump Donald Trump?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should Golf dump Trump?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe for the time being but not forever

Just to clarify, the only Hispanics that should be pissed are the ones that are here illegally.  Trump has not said anything negative about Hispanics that are US citizens or here on VISA's.

It's common to have legal residents to harbor their illegally entered kins, and friends until they settle in the States.    It will be naive for Trump think he is only attacking illegal aliens.  Sure, some  legally entered aliens will laud Trump's position but the majority will not.   Golf businesses did right by coming out and opposing  Trump's stance on Mexicans/Hispanics/illegal aliens.

PS: My wife vacation plans involve playing in good courses.   We will boycott playing in Trump's courses for sure.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's common to have legal residents to harbor their illegally entered kins, and friends until they settle in the States.    It will be naive for Trump think he is only attacking illegal aliens.  Sure, some  legally entered aliens will laud Trump's position but the majority will not.   Golf businesses did right by coming out and opposing  Trump's stance on Mexicans/Hispanics/illegal aliens.

PS: My wife vacation plans involve playing in good courses.   We will boycott playing in Trump's courses for sure.

OT but my wife and I got engaged at Wollman Rink several years back and one of our souvenirs from that day is a label from a water bottle that says TRUMP on it. ;)

It would be hard to boycott him in NYC, I think. ;-)

This isn't about the individuals who are breaking the law and their impact on our economy.  USA Today ran an article today that reports 51% (76% when children are factored in) of immigrants are on some form of government aide compared to 30% (51% including children) for natives.  Most illegal aliens are on some sort of government aide and are contributing $0 to the tax base.  They rent houses yet use schools and resources without paying property taxes.  They drive vehicles illegally without licenses and insurance.  If you live in an area where there is a high concentration of illegal aliens you'd know the impact they have on the town or city.

Hungary and the rest of Europe are being overwhelmed by people seeking asylum.  Their governments are also worried about the impact they will have given these people are coming to their countries with nothing.

We have laws and an immigration policy that takes into consideration the economic impacts immigrants have and ensures that people from different countries have an opportunity to come here.  When people violate the laws there has to be consequences.

I think it's great you and your wife feel strongly enough to boycott Trump businesses but there are potential ramifications when businesses choose to take sides in politics.

Joe Paradiso

I'm no Trump groupie but the facts are we are all influenced by what the media says and the media is COMPLETELY against Trump and totally misrepresents what he is saying...The powers to be are in the state of fright thinking Trump could be the Republican candidate because if that was the case he could never be elected....Plus he's beating up the other candidates and it's working...

As for what he says the vast majority of legal citizens believe the in influx of illegal aliens needs to be stopped and something done with the estimated 13 million that are here...

As for Trump in golf...who cares..he's a multi-billionaire and does what he wants..and he'll do what he wants until he decides he doesn't want to do it any longer..no one is going to stop him....

... I don't think that Donald is good for golf because he constantly wants to take the game upscale.

This is pure jealousy on my part because I am an avid golfer and frankly while I would like to play at the Trump courses I cannot afford it.

Paying $250 or more for a round is not something that I nor the majority of golfers can afford.

This is certainly no way to grow or maintain participation in the game of golf. ...

There will always be places in golf that cater to upscale players. Many of the people who play at this resorts are from outside the USA. Japan, for example, has lots of golfers. Most, however, only get in a couple of rounds a year because they can't afford to join the upscale Japanese clubs. So, they come to the USA to play, Hawaii being one top destination.

These resorts with golf courses employ a lot of people. So people get decent jobs at these upscale places.

Also, a Links magazine article http://www.linksmagazine.com/golf_courses/expensive-golf-course-memberships

shows how the The Donald provides social justice for budget-cramped business execs in the NYC region: You can join his clubs for only $200K. Thus, he helps keep low-end C-suiters on the course and out of trouble in the Big Apple.

Here are the initiation fees SIX-FIGURE SIGNATURES in the area:

Long Island
East Hampton G.C., East Hampton ($260,000 initiation fee)
Sebonack G.C., Southampton ($550,000)
Friar’s Head, Baiting Hollow ($250,000)
The Bridge, Bridgehampton ($550,000)

New Jersey
Trump National G.C., Bedminster ($200,000)
Hamilton Farm G.C., Gladstone ($300,000)
Liberty National G.C., Jersey City ($500,000)
Bayonne G.C., Bayonne ($150,000)

Westchester County
Hudson National G.C., Croton-on-Hudson ($210,000)
Trump National G.C., Briarcliff Manor ($200,000)

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Illegal aliens don't play golf....They have nothing to say about anything because they don't vote either...Trump is on the right track...Megyn Kelly presented a question that was out of bounds for a presidential debate...she is a lacky for the Fox network that is calling all the shots in the election and is upset with the success Trump is having...All the Dems and Indep. need to get on the bandwagon for Trump...TRUMP THE REPUG CANADATE WINNER YEA..

Again Trump will do what he wants in golf and nobody will stop him...He won't add any players or subtract any...but he will buy and build more courses...and become more powerful...

Trump is just a rich shock jock type that does and says what he can because he can. I don't even think he believes half of what he says it's like a toy he plays with.

Dave :-)

Note: This thread is 3155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!