IGNORED

Which One of These Foods Would You Give Up For Life.....

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

26 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to, which one of these foods would you give up for life?

• Pizza
    • Burgers
    • Tacos
    • Chicken Wings

Here's the question. Of the four choices, which one is the best even when it's a bad example of that dish? What's best - a bad pizza, a bad taco, a bad burger, or bad wings?

Pizza no meat toppings. Because the rest have a much higher potential of putting you in a hospital or worse. Dough and ketchup I would think much less chance of getting sick.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here's the question. Of the four choices, which one is the best even when it's a bad example of that dish? What's best - a bad pizza, a bad taco, a bad burger, or bad wings?

Assuming everything is cooked at least to the point of not being dangerous, the worst of the worst is bad pizza. The best of the worst is a bad burger. Even McDonalds is fine.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Really?? Isn't it like bad sex? Even when it's bad it's still good?

No, not to me. Bad sex is still enjoying that naked, well, maybe I shouldn't finish that sentence but it's in some ways still nice. Bad food is just bad and I won't enjoy it at all. I had some experiences with bad restaurants all over the globe; it pretty much ruins my day / evening when that happens.

~Jorrit

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I agree. Besides, we actually have real Italians here who make pizza the same as they did in Italy. Go figure!

People assume there is one style of pizza in the US and its from the big chains. That's BS. In my town alone we have 5 to 6 styles of pizza, Greek style, Neapolitan thin crust, Sicilian deep dish, etc. I almost always go to the local Mom and Pop joints. They make the best pizza from scratch.

Definitely, and which one is best is entirely subjective.  For pizza, I've had the classic Neopolitan style in Naples and it was great.  But then, so is Chicago deep dish style, or New York style, or the Midwest tavern style thin crust, or any of the others.  It's all great.  Some days I want one type, some days another.

I do think it's important to respect the original classic recipe, but that's no reason to ignore the variations.  Although, sometimes I do think we here in the US tend to go overboard with our "let's see how much we can put on it" mentality.  But, then again, sometimes that's good too!

I'll go with this post!

I love all types of pizza. When I first ate pizza in Italy I was taken aback expecting a thick cheese top, but now I like it. We even have Italian style pizza in LA which are deemed authentic by two heavily accented Italian co-workers from Padua and Naples.

However, back on topic, there's no way I would give up any of the 4 basic food groups. . . :beer:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Best pizza I ever had was in Italy. It was in the oven for 4 minutes. We ate it sitting on the rooftop terrace of a hotel overlooking a church plaza in Florence.

Colin P.

The thing I liked about pizza in Italy, not in the best or more expensive restaurants, but more moderately priced, take away places, is in way more places than the US, you can pick out a custom portion. The "slices" are not fixed as they are here. There were a few places in NY I've seen that let you outline how big a piece you want and pay by weight, but far and few in between.

Toppings. Much wider selection - meats/sausages/fish, veggies, cheeses, potatoes, fried egg. Fried egg on top of pizza is tasty.

Pizza is much more expensive in Italy. I can still get a slice in NY for $2.50 low end. $1 in those crazy discount storefronts. No way in Italy, not even close.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I hated that "coperto" bs. Freaking charging me just to sit and then still expecting a tip?

If you are just sitting your costing someone earning potiential.

You could PayPal me $50 right now. If you don't do it are you costing me earning potential? What that coperto did was cause us to ask for food as a take out option, skip the bull cover charge, and bring it back to the magnificent terrace and eat in wonderful seclusion.

Colin P.

You could PayPal me $50 right now. If you don't do it are you costing me earning potential? What that coperto did was cause us to ask for food as a take out option, skip the bull cover charge, and bring it back to the magnificent terrace and eat in wonderful seclusion.

How do you know it was an extra charge to eat in and not a discount to take away, hmmmm??? ;)

The thing I liked about pizza in Italy, not in the best or more expensive restaurants, but more moderately priced, take away places, is in way more places than the US, you can pick out a custom portion. The "slices" are not fixed as they are here. There were a few places in NY I've seen that let you outline how big a piece you want and pay by weight, but far and few in between.

Toppings. Much wider selection - meats/sausages/fish, veggies, cheeses, potatoes, fried egg. Fried egg on top of pizza is tasty.

Pizza is much more expensive in Italy. I can still get a slice in NY for $2.50 low end. $1 in those crazy discount storefronts. No way in Italy, not even close.

That's not my experience at all in Italy, to say the least. Especially when moving towards the South of Italy and in small towns, the food and restaurants are very, very cheap (as in not expensive). In the big tourists places it's an other story.

~Jorrit

I concur.  If you are buying pizza by the slice then, in Europe anyways, that is generally not the most cost effective.  It can be approx 4 euro for a simple margherita pizza.

Itallians also are very rigid on what is right on their food and hate to customise.  And why would you!  It's been perfected over thousands of years :)

How do you know it was an extra charge to eat in and not a discount to take away, hmmmm??? ;)

Lol you're right!

Colin P.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan772

That's what I did as well! Your view sounded like it was better than mine. :-P

Steve

Note: This thread is 3032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!