Sign in to follow this  
saevel25

New Mizuno MP 25

Note: This thread is 1690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

25 posts / 10535 viewsLast Reply

I picked mine up on Friday and hit them on the range yesterday.  They are definitely not as forgiving as the 850 Forged but when I hit the sweet spot they are longer with a higher trajectory despite their weaker loft.

Given your handicap I'm sure you'll love them and should see some additional distance compared to your MX-23's.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I picked mine up on Friday and hit them on the range yesterday.  They are definitely not as forgiving as the 850 Forged but when I hit the sweet spot they are longer with a higher trajectory despite their weaker loft.

Given your handicap I'm sure you'll love them and should see some additional distance compared to your MX-23's.

It's that Mizuno sweetness that makes us come back for more. Like the call of a siren. . . :beer:

Thanks. I will report on them when I get them in a couple of weeks.

I looked at the 850 Forged but while I could hit them ok I did not like the "busy" design.

I was almost going to pull the trigger on the 850 last year.

Unlike those that play on the right side, there is a very limited selection of MP clubs for the lefties.

Unlike those that play on the right side, there is a very limited selection of MP clubs for the lefties.

Yes, we know. :-(

Picked up my MP 25 today.

Was late when I got to the range so only hit a few of the irons.

PW and 9 irons similar to my old MX 23.

The 4 and 6 irons definitely do not feel as "soft" as my MX 23.

Can't really tell if there are distance differences as hitting range balls.

The head is noticeably smaller than the MX 23.

20151013_151513 (1).jpg

Edited by ay33660

So it's a 'slotted' club and kinda musclebacky.

I like that they closed the slot - easier to keep it clean.

Looks like the 60 series is out - maybe this one is a softer, or more forgiving option in a partial cavity design.  The 64's were great, but really punished me on any mishit.

Though I'll go to the store just to hit one for the heck of it, I'll stick with my MP15's for a long while.  Still liking them a LOT.

Edited by rehmwa

Upgraded to these from the Ping i20's last month. Getting to a Mizuno player's iron was a huge milestone for me. Although my wife doesn't understand, I've been working up to them since I started  seven years ago. And I love them!

Quite honestly, I am hitting them better than my i20's (definitely a better shaft fitting this time). Higher ball flight and small increase in distance. They are actually more forgiving than I anticipated and the feeling is fantastic. I have really noticed the feel on things like punch shots or partial shots. I am very confident with them in my hands.

I actually purchased an old beat-up set of Hogan Forged Apex irons from 1989ish earlier this summer to work on ball-striking. And I'll add while playing the Hogan's has been a joy, the MP-25's are quite a bit more forgiving.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion on them on boards and in the media. I am very much looking forward to next summer!

Clubs.JPG

Note: This thread is 1690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!