IGNORED

What's the lowest score you have ever shot?

MasonAsher2014
Note: This thread is 3166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Copper Creek seems to have the lowest Course Rating and Slope that I've ever seen.

It is a short but tight par 69 at altitude. Was a par 70 but they converted the 10th hole to a 3 par after too many people were hitting the houses with their tee shots. It has some good holes like the 218 yard #3, 441 #4, 264 #9, 192 #10, 553 #11, 438 #16 & 415 #18, so it is not a push over for those that spray the ball.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

It is a short but tight par 69 at altitude. Was a par 70 but they converted the 10th hole to a 3 par after too many people were hitting the houses with their tee shots. It has some good holes like the 218 yard #3, 441 #4, 264 #9, 192 #10, 553 #11, 438 #16 & 415 #18, so it is not a push over for those that spray the ball.

Yeah, I just looked at the layout on my gps app. It's extremely short (5100 yards or something) but looks tight enough to warrant a higher slope rating I would guess.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, I just looked at the layout on my gps app. It's extremely short (5100 yards or something) but looks tight enough to warrant a higher slope rating I would guess.

5880 from the tips, 5517 from the blue and 4972 from the whites. It is at altitude, but there are 6 par 3s, so not as short as some might think just looking at the yardage. There are hazards/LB or OB on just about every hole, sometimes on both sides. Guys who are consistently accurate can shoot career bests, but wild hitters might have to buy more balls at the turn. I think the course record is a 62.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

My lowest is a 70. It was when I just finished up high school and my swing was in great form. I was playing at my local track which I knew really well and started off on fire. I shot something ridiculous on the front nine, I think it was a 33 or something in that ballpark. I let it go a little bit on the back because I distinctly remember bogeying the last 3 holes of the home stretch- I think I got a little chubby on the 16th when I started counting strokes before the round was over. I wish I would've ended it with a spectacular putt like you see on tour but the three-putt bogey is was sealed the deal on my best-ever round. Someday I'll break 70, I just hope that day comes sooner than later.
  • Upvote 1

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Lowest score and over par: 72 (1 over)  September 2013 at Center Square Golf club in PA. Chipped in from just off the green for an eagle on a par 5 and had 1 birdie. Otherwise it was just steady golf of 4 bogeys and 12 pars. I lipped out a mid-length putt on 18 for the even par round but was just fine with 1 over.

Beat that on Friday July 17th, 2015. 1 under 69 at Bella Vista golf course in Gilbertsville, PA. My first time ever breaking 70 and/or shooting under par. It was from the white tee's but that is fine with me. I end up playing the whichever tee's the people I get paired up with are playing (unless they are playing up further than the 'mens' tee's).

I countered that with a crowd pleasing 90 when meeting up with a guy I have known through work for 10'ish years now. Never met him and really looked forward to it. Unfortunately my game got left behind. It might have had something to do with playing 5.5 rounds in 7 days. Oh well, I still had a great time and today starts a new week.

Beat that on Friday July 17th, 2015. 1 under 69 at Bella Vista golf course in Gilbertsville, PA. My first time ever breaking 70 and/or shooting under par. It was from the white tee's but that is fine with me. I end up playing the whichever tee's the people I get paired up with are playing (unless they are playing up further than the 'mens' tee's).

That's a fun course; my high school golf coach works/worked there. 79 for me. Only time I've broken 80 so far, but I've gotten close a few times this year.

• Upvote 1

-Rich

Great post !! I started golfing out of high school, i was never interested until after a friend asked me to join! Its been 6 years as a weekend golfer and im starting to shoot excellent/honest scores. My first year golfing was 90-100+. Second and third year i started to improve,shooting in the 80s occasionally.i was stuck in the 80s for a couples years but it wasnt untill this year when i started hitting excellent scores . My average round in 2015 is 78. I have gotten as low as 71 at riverside golf course in fenton mo.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Great post !! I started golfing out of high school, i was never interested until after a friend asked me to join! Its been 6 years as a weekend golfer and im starting to shoot excellent/honest scores. My first year golfing was 90-100+. Second and third year i started to improve,shooting in the 80s occasionally.i was stuck in the 80s for a couples years but it wasnt untill this year when i started hitting excellent scores . My average round in 2015 is 78. I have gotten as low as 71 at riverside golf course in fenton mo.

i forgot to add 9 holes -2 under 18 holes-1 under

Best round was 71, but most memorable was Bethpage red 73, then Bethpage black the next day 96 lol

Driver: Titleist 910d2

Irons: Mizuno MP4s kbs tour shafts

Vokey Wedges 50 54 & 58

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback

Balls: Pro v1x 

I've shot 74 four times, but only once on a Par 72 (Man O'War, Myrtle Beach).

I think my best round ever, however, was a 78 from the tips at Butlers Lakeside (Elizabeth PA) when I had a 9 on a Par 4, and an 8 on a Par 5.  Shot -2 on the other 16 holes.

"Witty golf quote."

73 (CR72.5/134) in competition

69 (CR72,3/139) casual round

My best ever round is a 70 (par 72) where i caught some unbelievable bad breaks on 14,15 and a silly 3putt on 16 to make 3 bogeys and finish par par on 17 and 18

Competition: 79 Casual: 78 Hardly remember the casual round, but the competition round was my first time breaking 80. I've only done it 3 times in my life. It was about 40 years ago when I was about a 14 hdcp. I had no idea I was playing so well until the guy keeping score says at the turn "Damn, you parred the front nine" My game came back and I shot 43 on the back for 79. I've always wondered how long it would have taken to come out of my par shooting trance if he hadn't told me I parred the front. I didn't even realize it......one birdie, one bogey, and seven pars. Now days, I'm trying to stay under 100.

Regards,

Big Wave

Golf is the only sport in which a thorough knowledge of the rules can earn one a reputation for bad sportsmanship - Patrick Campbell.

Yesterday at my club I played 9 holes with an older member from the forward tees...32.4/107 and shot a 39!

The differential equals a 42 from the middle tees I usually play....but it sure sounds and feels better!

I liked reading through this thread. Very cool to see peoples stories. Best casual round was a 67 on a 72, either last summer or two summers ago. Was a pretty short easy course. I play better in tournaments. More focused or something. Best tournament round?... Score wise I've shot 68 (-4) twice. But I wouldn't consider those my best rounds. I shot a -2 70 on a 75.8/149 7350 yard course in a professional event last year and I was tied 15th after the first day. That was a +4.2 differential which is probably my lowest ever. Don't ask what happened on day 2 of the tourney ;)

srixon.png.c29104d99ab6ca6ecb927e9dd97b26f1.png    Z785 Driver 10.5° Tour AD BB 7x    |    F65 4W Tour AD TP 7x    |    Z765 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100 AMT    |     Z-Star Ball

TM.png.36c3c24d72a4ac809b0def631452f3ba.png    M3 4H HZRDUS Black    |    Spider Tour Putter

titleist.png.c92d01bf6404c1675a5e518a7447f2c6.png  Vokey SM7 50° 55° 60° Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue Black

I can only really count my best front 9's, which area quite a few 41's. I usually play late on an evening so hardly warm up and cock up the first hole and usually end up rushing the last 4-5 holes if I want to complete the 18 (which is never good for me). This usually inflates my 18 hole scores a fair bit. I've had a few 55's from 12 and then been gutted I didn't have time to do the 18 :( Think my best 18 is an 87, I know I'm better than that.

I think I'll get a 39 for 9 holes before the end of August, which is another step on my way to breaking 80.

Chris 

Ex-field hockey player with a few things on my list to correct/ sort out:
1:  Flipping, 2: Overswing, 3: Stop being Tin Cup

Been playing properly since May 2014, got the bug now, so I'm here forever. Must have watched a billion hours of youtube videos, seems to help!

Note: This thread is 3166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!