IGNORED

Club head snapped off

Sassafrass
Note: This thread is 3199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Glad you found the head and it is working out for you.

Several years ago, the head snapped off a TM driver with a normal shot at the range. I called Edwin Watts, and told them I did not buy the club from them, but would pay shipping or whatever if they would send it back for me. They said bring it in and it is usually $20 to send it in. I gave the manager the $20 and said thanks and was about to go, and he said, just get a new one off the shelf and I will handle the broken one for you!

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Had a buddy have that happen, swing, hit ball and club head goes way further than ball.  I had a 2 iron shaft snap at the bottom end of the grip once....club felt really light all of a sudden.............

Best regards,  Frank

:titleist: 913 D2 10.5*

:titleist: 913 F 17*

:titleist: 913 H 21*

:titleist: 716 AP1 4-P

:vokey:  SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

:odyssey: Tank Cruiser #7

:sunmountain: C-130

I went back to the range and found my clubhead today!  It looks like it will be repaired under warranty too.

Looks like your diligence paid off. Nice to have the warranty, too. :dance:

True story:  I was playing the 14th hole at a local country club with friends and had a 9 iron approach to the green. The second I made impact with the ball, the epoxy broke down and the clubhead (Hogan Edge, 1991) went spinning 30 yards down the fairway. The ball? It went straight as an arrow and landed on the green 12 feet from the pin. I said to myself, "This is not a good story unless I make the putt."  I looked at the putt from all sides and rolled it into the middle for a birdie.

Later that week I took the 9 iron to a local club maker who made a few adjustments and attached the head. (The shaft did not have to be replaced.) It is still in good working order 10 years later.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Glad you found the head and it is working out for you.

Several years ago, the head snapped off a TM driver with a normal shot at the range. I called Edwin Watts, and told them I did not buy the club from them, but would pay shipping or whatever if they would send it back for me. They said bring it in and it is usually $20 to send it in. I gave the manager the $20 and said thanks and was about to go, and he said, just get a new one off the shelf and I will handle the broken one for you!

That's great customer service, kudos to Edwin Watts!

Joe Paradiso

@boogielicious I had a bad dream the night after I broke the club.  I was playing 18 with some friends and every shot I took ended with the club head snapping off.  Some how I had a new club every shot though...

I did this with my 5 iron this year and to make it even weirder, I did it from a fairway bunker even after making good contact.

Do you bring your clubs inside during the winter? I left mine in the garage for the first few months so the cold weather might have affected the shafts.

I almost always bring my clubs in.  When I first got them I washed them a lot.  I hope I did't cause any damage by cleaning them after each use.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

I almost always bring my clubs in.  When I first got them I washed them a lot.  I hope I did't cause any damage by cleaning them after each use.

Nice, I guess I learned that lesson the hard way haha. I don't think washing them causes any damage unless you're using extremely hot or cold water. If anything, I think washing them that often improves the lifespan of your grooves.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

The point about washing them is to avoid getting water inside the shaft. I had a 2 iron head snap off on a normal swing on the course several years ago. it was definitely rust. I could see it on the inside of the shaft. TT DGS300, so they weren't cheapo shafts.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Note: This thread is 3199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!