IGNORED

Describe Your Last Round of Golf in One Sentence

9wood
Note: This thread is 2898 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

"A day at the beach"

I was hitting the ball well but the wind was just knocking my ball out of the air like Mutumbo swatted basketballs, ended up in 8 sand traps today.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hit 4 out of 9 greens on the par four course this morning , just off the edge on 4 others but couldn't score any better than the 33 I got because the greens were wet and like shag carpets.

I had some good shots, some not so good shots, which made it an interesting round. (44/44)

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Progress, not perfection

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

I had a very encouraging 9 holes. (quick 9 before dinner with parents)  My first play since deciding to get back into golf seriously after only playing 2-3 times a year for the last 10 years and first play since starting lessons up again. I had 2 lessons this past month.  41 on a par 34 with only one double bogey.

"From the sublime to the ridiculous!"

Shot 101, with 5 pars & 2 birdies.

Was striking it very well, putting beautifully and generally playing very well. But I really need to learn to take my medicine! Short par 4, only 340 yards but built over a a natural valley, so tight tee short through trees from elevated tee, to a very sloping fairway. Then a blind 2nd over a rise to a tight green with OB left, death right and long.

GREAT hole! Previous few rounds I've gone Par, Birdie, Par on it, so normally play it well enough.

Nope, not this time. Shanked drive into the trees off the tee. Reload, changed to my trusty 2i, massive high slice the other way. Found it on edge of the course, in the deep stuff. This is where I should have taken my medicine, drop out as unplayable and accept the crap score. Nope, I was determined to get it out, had 3 swings at it, steadily driving it deeper into the crap before finally giving up and dropping it as unplayable.

Simple 7i up over the rise to the green now. Nope, wild slice OB! Reload, duffed 20 yards. Then finally decent 9i just short followed by a thinned 60 (which I NEVER do!) over the back, just avoiding the death. Fluffed chip trying to be too cute.

If it wasn't for the deft little 60 and solid 5ft 1 putt, I could have signed for worse than the 14 I signed for! :( EDIT: Which counting back I'm not even sure is correct?

Head was completely off by now obviously so ripped my next drive all of 7 yards, then bludgeoned it along the next for a 9.

So 2 holes of rubbish and I went from 8 over thru 12 to 23 over thru 14. If it wasn't so laughably funny I might have cried.

I appreciate that's not 1 sentence but the story needed to be told!

Fun.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 2898 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!