IGNORED

Describe Your Last Round of Golf in One Sentence

9wood

Note: This thread is 2053 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 minutes ago, FundamentallyCommitted said:

True.  Hoping to avoid them, however, in my future attempts to build a better swing:beer:

Wish me luck

Good luck and have a great round on your next outing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2053 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo after clicking this link. For Mevo+, click this link or the image above.
    • Sure it is, pending the situation.  You have an 18 year old, who doesn't need an parent to co-sign on a loan, being lured into signing for an expensive student loan by a college because they make it seem like its the best thing for them. So, they learn from their mistake, 10-15 years down the line when they realize the students loan debt was a bad idea?  The outcome of this decision isn't something you get instant return on as a learning situation. This isn't like placing your hand on a hot stove.  Why should the biggest mistake 17-19 year olds make be getting hit with hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt? That is just asinine thinking really.  Really, colleges are bad faith actors who are swindling people out of money with no regulatory control.  It is even worse since you can not get rid of the student debt in bankruptcy. Guess what, in the end, bankruptcy is a form of loan forgiveness. You can file for bankruptcy, sell off your assets, and the courts decide to void out a good portion of the loan amount in a lot of cases. Except for students loan debt. Which is idiotic. What makes students loan debt so special?  What about this, you get your students loan forgiven, but it hits your credit score like any other bankruptcy? You choose, to work off your students loans, or take a hit to your credit score. I think that is fair.  No one is arguing they are entitled to a degree. How did you jump to that?  I think it is because they can't be for-profit. Also, state governments can control tuition.   
    • Welcome to TST! Start with a local golf maintenance superintendent. See what their expertise is in creating a sand trap and the materials, cost, machinery, etc. They may also have a better idea of what landscape company may have that expertise. Or you may be able to hire out the maintenance staff at the course during the off season. 
    • It’s a bit of a mess some people are in with student loans.  There does need to be some accountability for the decisions individuals make on their education.  That said, I do believe there are a lot of people who are in real trouble with their loans, and there could be ways to help them and future generations that don’t involve debt forgiveness. Perhaps legislate reasonable fixed interest rates (3%)? Limits on the amount of debt a student is allowed to access for undergrad and graduate school? Mandatory high school curriculum on college, careers, cost/benefit?  (my kids actually have a class in jr high that includes this content)  There are also plenty of good paying careers and trades that don’t require much college, if any. A lot of state schools do a better job at keeping costs down for in-state tuition (with it being free in some states).  Choice of school could obviously be a huge savings/debt reduction.  I’m not sure how appropriate legislation is to control private school tuition. Parents, be involved.  If your child decides to pursue a degree in basket weaving… tell them it’s crazy.  If that’s their passion, don’t push college, tell them to just go get a job at a basket company… plus there’s a great golf course in OH right by Longaberger Basket Company! From a personal perspective… My oldest wants to be an elementary school teacher (which could always change).  We’ve had the conversations already that she should be looking at lower cost state schools, as she’s likely not going to make a substantial amount of money if she went that route.  Now, if she wanted to be a CFO or something, it would make sense to consider an MS from a program at the likes of Wharton.  That said, I’m a finance exec and I didn’t take the premier university route.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Augie
      Augie
      (63 years old)
    2. Dukes1304
      Dukes1304
      (36 years old)
    3. Mmgolfwiz
      Mmgolfwiz
      (58 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...