IGNORED

Blister - Advice?

Note: This thread is 2211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Soooo can anyone tell me why I am getting this blister now? Has popped up in each range session or round this summer. Grips were new last season. I always use the same type of glove. I recently replaced mine, but problem occurred before and after replacement.

I can't help but think its coming back to my grip. I don't think I am doing anything different, but surely I am with this awful blister. Also notice the callous slightly above it on the picture.

Any advice/ideas? Really concerning because I can't help but shank it with this awful pain. I don't have the strength to grip is consistently because it slips through that callous. And yes, I have let it heal before. And yes, I have used ointment and stuff.

I have callouses on the side of my index finger not on the pad.  I was more likely to get blisters on my right index finger (I'm a lefty) when I hit the ball off the toe which caused the club to rotate in my hand.  Put some contact tape on your clubs and see where on the face you're making contact with the ball.

I'm also more likely to get blisters in the summer (especially when it's humid) if I don't swap gloves often enough because my hands sweat a lot.

I'll usually wrap any fingers that are prone to blisters with golfers tape when it's really hot and humid.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[COLOR=181818]Soooo can anyone tell me why I am getting this blister now? Has popped up in each range session or round this summer. Grips were new last season. I always use the same type of glove. I recently replaced mine, but problem occurred before and after replacement.[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]I can't help but think its coming back to my grip. I don't think I am doing anything different, but surely I am with this awful blister. Also notice the callous slightly above it on the picture.[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Any advice/ideas? Really concerning because I can't help but shank it with this awful pain. I don't have the strength to grip is consistently because it slips through that callous. And yes, I have let it heal before. And yes, I have used ointment and stuff.[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][ATTACHMENT=418]20150717_184930.jpg (1,743k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT][/COLOR]

Don't know why you get that blister but something you can do to keep it from happening is put some superglue on the spot before you play. It's like a super strong callous in a tube.

Any advice/ideas? Really concerning because I can't help but shank it with this awful pain. I don't have the strength to grip is consistently because it slips through that callous. And yes, I have let it heal before. And yes, I have used ointment and stuff.

Make sure it's in the fingers of your left hand (pic), not in the palm.

Is your glove stretched or loose, and your finger rubbing inside your glove?

Its not actually. Its very fitting.

Thanks for the tips guys. Yeah I gotta figure something out because its really spoiling my golf game this summer.

Thanks for the tips guys. Yeah I gotta figure something out because its really spoiling my golf game this summer.

Wrap a piece of good athletic tape over the spot almost like a ring. This will protect it while it heals. Do this under the glove. Your skin needs time to heal, at least three weeks. You'll see tour pros doing this. It's most apparent on Tiger.

Note: This thread is 2211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!