IGNORED

2015 PGA Championship at Whistling Straits Discussion Thread

RiddleMeThis
Note: This thread is 3144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So no early TV coverage?

It's on right now. Kinda cool that coverage is starting now and will be on all day so we get to see when the first group tees off and when the last group finishes on 18.

Riley

Geez what happened to Danny Lee? Went to bed last night thinking he had a chance and now he barely made the cut? Guess my full support is behind Day now this weekend.

Made a snowman on 5, DB on 7. :no:

Riley

• Administrator

@Iacas, just curious where you would begin if you were called upon to work with Tiger. I watch him and to me his swing seems like he's coming outta his shoes, otherwise I just don't see anything specific except rather poor results.

I think he's in good hands, and honestly, I haven't looked at his swings much since The Memorial, so who knows? I talked with Chris there and they were on a good track then, I felt.

About the only thing I could say is that I'm getting tired of hearing about how the range swing (not the tempo, Peter Kostis, as everyone speeds up range to course) is so much better than the on-course swing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallT

None of the leaderboards show tee times yet for round 3, so not sure when it starts back up. I see the cut line snuck up to +2, bringing in a few more: Keegan Bradley, Victor Dubuisson, Jason Dufner, among others.

In fact it was within last hole birdie by Peterson or Hoffman of going to +1. And the fact that Bradley made it is nothing short of amazing, given how poorly he was playing throughout Round 2. Showed what real grinding is about, especially on #18.

(BTW - your observation about the McGovern quote is correct.)

And Dubuisson is playing like he got a new start at this. -3 through 3 today. Under par -1, T37th place.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I expected him to play well. Anyone paying even a little attention to pro golf would think Bubba should have a decent week. To win, ??? That could go to anyone of 15 different players. Coming off a couple good weeks, returning to a place he played well in the past. Yes, it is expected of him to play well and finish top 20. At the very least make the cut and that is boarder line right now. Playing in the afternoon is going to add pressure and wind. He is going to be looking at a leader board that will have someone at -10.

I figure if he starts out first 3 holes +1 or worst, he folds it up for the weekend.

Wow, he just explained the same thing about himself... 60th or 80th, he doesn't care and wants a top 10 or a win. I look for him to make a run today, or shoot a 75... 65 or 75 plus for him today...

Made a snowman on 5, DB on 7.

All the more reason for him to GO FOR IT today... he is one of my picks. He has really been playing well... I like most people, figured him and Lingmerth for a win and back off type. BOth have proven that to be wrong and playing well week in and out...

I would like to see some more bite in this course. It's playing just a bit too easy, in my opinion, for a major. Guys are going to tear his place up today. You could have 6 or 7 guys double digits under par at day's end. And yes, I think a 62 is out there. Just my view on it. I always liked a tougher test and single digits under par in a major winning.

I would like to see some more bite in this course. It's playing just a bit too easy, in my opinion, for a major. Guys are going to tear his place up today. You could have 6 or 7 guys double digits under par at day's end. And yes, I think a 62 is out there.

The PGA Championship is always like this.

Riley

I would like to see some more bite in this course. It's playing just a bit too easy, in my opinion, for a major. Guys are going to tear his place up today. You could have 6 or 7 guys double digits under par at day's end. And yes, I think a 62 is out there. Just my view on it. I always liked a tougher test and single digits under par in a major winning.

I agree that a major needs to stay in the single digits for a true test to their game. I find it more entertaining to watch as well. Tiger thinks the course was playing a bit to easy as well. He would have made the cut if the course had challenged him a bit more.

Tiger thinks the course was playing a bit to easy as well. He would have made the cut if the course had challenged him a bit more.

It's amazing how often I come off the course thinking exactly that...

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Tiger thinks the course was playing a bit to easy as well. He would have made the cut if the course had challenged him a bit more.

I don't know exactly where this fits on the Kubler-Ross scale, but I'm confident it's somewhere short of acceptance.

Tiger is playing Wyndham.

http://golfweek.com//news/2015/aug/14/tiger-woods-pga-tour-wyndham-championship-commit/

Maybe.

http://www.pgatour.com/news/2015/08/15/tiger-woods-missed-cut-pga-championship-wyndham.html

" Woods said he’ll take a couple of days at home in Florida before deciding if he will play in next week’s Wyndham Championship. He committed on Friday because the deadline to enter the tournament was 30 minutes after play was over, but he was still uncertain following his round."

Lefty looking solid. He's still fun to watch when he gets it going.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

They didn't expect the wind to la down. Increase the wind to 15 mph and you won't get a 66, 5 mph more and 68 is the low score. If they were to make pin placement to hard based on zero wind and it picks up, guys will complain... Tough balance they have to pull off each week.

Note: This thread is 3144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!