IGNORED

2015 PGA Championship at Whistling Straits Discussion Thread

RiddleMeThis
Note: This thread is 3164 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is PGA Live working this morning? I'm getting absolutely nothing. Very frustrating.

No idea but it's live on PGA.com and the PGA Championship app.[quote name="ChrisP" url="/t/83371/2015-pga-championship-at-whistling-straits-discussion-thread/120_40#post_1183844"]Two of my boys I bet are off to good starts (Fowler and Lee). My other one (Day) is struggling a bit. Surprised Jason isn't out of the gate a little faster. Meanwhile Matsuyama is killin it.[/quote] I like that Danny Lee longshot bet.

Riley

No surprise Louis playing well again in a major. Doesn't take the regular tourneys seriously but come the big ones, he's on his game. Reminds me of a certain Argentine whose won a couple majors and contended in about a dozen others.

Tiger - 93 yd shot to hole and hits it 75 yds, leaving him 56 feet ... ez.

3 putt

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Listened to Brandel Chamblee on theticket in Dallas this morning; and they asked him if he saw improvement in Tiger.

Brandel says, "No." He looked awful at the US Open, awful at the Open --- did not even belong on the course at those events. His misses are the worst in the field according to (some) stats. Branded commented he wants Tiger to compete again but doesn't see it on the course yet ... just a couple of decent rounds lately.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

If Tiger makes the cut this week, I'd be amazed. Anyone who has hopes he's going to contend needs to share with me whatever you're smoking right now. Must be powerful stuff.

I get that you think Tiger's not fit for competition; you only say it all the time. As far as his play today, he's hit every fairway and green, but his putting has been bad. If you really think he's playing THAT bad, then I'll have to ask you what you're smoking.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Tiger looks like me when I play. No where near close enough on the approach. Extremely long birdie putt, misjudge pretty badly, then staring at a lengthy par and wondering how you got there. Although, in my case birdie/par is replaced with par/bogey.

I get that you think Tiger's not fit for competition; you only say it all the time.

As far as his play today, he's hit every fairway and green, but his putting has been bad. If you really think he's playing THAT bad, then I'll have to ask you what you're smoking.

He has been in fairway but 2 of those greens hit, were not good shots.

I find

I get that you think Tiger's not fit for competition; you only say it all the time.

As far as his play today, he's hit every fairway and green, but his putting has been bad. If you really think he's playing THAT bad, then I'll have to ask you what you're smoking.

Putting has let him down on a couple holes, but "hitting every green" is a generous description.  His last two approach shots have been very poor, necessitating very long (and difficult) lag putts, one of which led directly to a 3-putt bogey.

Oh, so he's putting bad NOT playing bad. My apologies. I saw him towards the bottom of the leaderboard and thought he was having a bad round. I forgot that putting isn't part of playing golf.

Oh, so he's putting bad NOT playing bad. My apologies. I saw him towards the bottom of the leaderboard and thought he was having a bad round. I forgot that putting isn't part of golf.

He isn't playing bad! He isn't playing good, either, but he isn't playing bad. Compared to the major outings he's had previously, he's much improved. Literally nobody is saying he's in contention except for the most hardcore fans. I'm not trying to peddle Toger stock, but I do find it disingenuous to pretend like his play hasn't improved. Also: if one facet of your game is good, one solid, and one bad, I'm at a loss to how you come up with playing bad. I'm not sure if you know his, but you can putt poorly and not score as well as you played. [quote name="Calvin" url="/t/83371/2015-pga-championship-at-whistling-straits-discussion-thread/120#post_1183866"]I find Putting has let him down on a couple holes, but "hitting every green" is a generous description.  His last two approach shots have been very poor, necessitating very long (and difficult) lag putts, one of which led directly to a 3-putt bogey.  [/quote] [quote name="Donny Smithern" url="/t/83371/2015-pga-championship-at-whistling-straits-discussion-thread/120#post_1183865"] He has been in fairway but 2 of those greens hit, were not good shots.   [/quote] I'm aware. Once again, I'm not saying that he's in contention. But if he's hitting fairways and greens and putting poorly, that doesn't mean his playing bad. Hitting greens is better than not, I'm pretty sure.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

The putting would be tolerable if he were ever anywhere near the hole when he got on the green. Adding together the terrible putting and extremely long distances he's had and it's no surprise he's struggled. Tiger really needs to focus on making the best approach shot he can. At least it would give him a solid chance at avoiding bogeys in those cases. If it hits one good it will set him up for reasonable birdie putts. Right now the goal should be to find a way to get under par and stay there. Little victories at this point and something to get some confidence. When you look at his face he just looks like somebody who doesn't know why things aren't working.

Well, on 16, only 269 to right rough ... 300 yds to go... par5

Inconsistent play...

Well, on 16, only 269 to right rough ... 300 yds to go... par5  Inconsistent play...

Nice little third shot on 16, should just be a tap-in birdie.

Riley

I'm not a Tiger supporter or hater, but I think saying that Tiger is playing decent because it's compared to his trainwrecks recently is a little much. That's not really saying much.

He finally hit a great shot on 16 to set up a birdie attempt. If he can do that more often and avoid the shots that make you wonder if he's an amateur or a pro, he might have a chance to at least be relevant.

Nice third shot by Tiger on 16.

By some miracle of God, I'm able to stream at work.

They'll probably have it blocked by tomorrow. :-(

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Note: This thread is 3164 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!