IGNORED

Longest Personal Drive?

supercow
Note: This thread is 3354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My longest was 325 but that was down hill on a rock hard fairway.   My longest on flat ground is 305 and that was just about as much of a fluke as the 325 shot.    I've hit a few out to about 280 also  but I'm far more likely to be in the 240-250 range during a typical round.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm just amazed that people keep track of silly things like how far they hit their drives, let alone their longest....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Why not keep track of these things, it's fun. It's no different than keeping track of when you got your first par/birdie/eagle, the longest putt you've ever made, first chip in, etc. I see no reason not to keep track of it. While I don't have any exact number for my longest drive I don't begrudge people who do.

• Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

2 776 684 yards. I drove from Toronto to Miami once.

Not bad. I drove from northern WI to Portland Oregon.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

We were on vacation in Gulf Shores, Alabama and decided to swing by Virginia Beach, Virginia and spend the night with my brother on our way home to Macon, Missouri. Heck I looked at the map and it didn't look bad. Only halfway across the country out of the way. ;-) Drove 24 straight hours from Virginia Beach to Macon and got there just in time for my 12 hour work shift at the coal mine. That was insane.

My longest drive, a country road runs parallel with the 18th hole, we had a strong cross wind, my booming dive was pulled and with the help wind my ball went way left and one hopped in the back of a pick up truck. I drove home after the round and was headed home on the same road....sure enough I saw the same colored pick up truck a good five to seven miles......well I had just enough beer in me to convince myself to pull a U turn and look for myself, sure enough in the back was my golf ball.

My longest drive, a country road runs parallel with the 18th hole, we had a strong cross wind, my booming dive was pulled and with the help wind my ball went way left and one hopped in the back of a pick up truck. I drove home after the round and was headed home on the same road....sure enough I saw the same colored pick up truck a good five to seven miles......well I had just enough beer in me to convince myself to pull a U turn and look for myself, sure enough in the back was my golf ball.

We have a winnahh!!!!!

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Mine was a 375 yard drive on a 500 yard par five. !25 yards out with a 9 iron. Made the putt for eagle. This was during a Fourth of July tournament on the long drive hole! Won a set of head covers.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Mine was a 375 yard drive on a 500 yard par five. !25 yards out with a 9 iron. Made the putt for eagle. This was during a Fourth of July tournament on the long drive hole! Won a set of head covers.

I don't wanna hear stuff like that...It depresses me.... :-P:-D

I'm just amazed that people keep track of silly things like how far they hit their drives, let alone their longest....

LOL.....I agree.   With that said, I do remember what I consider my longest drive! .......this was 15yrs ago played on a complete piece of crap golf course with stupid wind conditions and cement fairways...........380yds.  (I can also recall at least a few near misses to the throne too) Because I didn't have "shot-link" working for me, I don't really know how accurate my estimate is, but in my own mind.....I hit that damn ball 380 and nobody can convince me otherwise.........LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

About 380yds.....

Huge wind and rock hard fairways.................

I just realized that I responded to this thread in 2012!!   So I checked back to a 2yr old post to see if the passage of time has added length to my longest drive!! I found it on page 13....July 15, 2012.

Haha....at least NOT YET!  I just need more time ;-)

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

382 yards on a par 5. Left with a gap wedge to the green. Driven a Par 4 at 348 yards once. Average ~280.

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 9.5* :titleist:

3 Wood: Titleist 913F 15*  :titleist:

Hybrid: Titleist 913H 19*    :titleist:

4-PW: Titleist 712 AP2 S300      :titleist:

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 588 52*, 56*& 60* :cleve:

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 :cameron:

Ball: Taylormade TPx         :tmade: 

Could not agree more ... All I care about is it findable and playable ... if its actually in the fairway ...BONUS!!!

I believe is all about the second shot anyway ...  because it seems when I "get a hold of one" ...I chunk the second shot anyway

But to answer the question .. I honestly do not know, but I can promise you, it was wind at my back, down hill slope, and the ground as hard as pavement ... or more than likely it ran along the cart path for additional 50-75 yards ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I hit one last year at Wintergreen Resort (the mountain course). It was at a higher elevation and it was a downhill par 5. 380 yards estimate going by the scorecard and sprinkler distance to green. I was 64 at the time and after that hit I recalled my younger days.

• 7 months later...

Back in the 80's when I was a young whipper-snapper, I drove a 350 yd par 4 with a slight headwind. I still think of it from time to time, but now I'll take 250 and be happy.

- Disc Golfer

Been driving the wife nuts since 1976........that count?

Best regards,  Frank

:titleist: 913 D2 10.5*

:titleist: 913 F 17*

:titleist: 913 H 21*

:titleist: 716 AP1 4-P

:vokey:  SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

:odyssey: Tank Cruiser #7

:sunmountain: C-130

Note: This thread is 3354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!