IGNORED

Longest Personal Drive?

supercow
Note:Β This thread is 3347 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

That would make a difference, but a marginal one (maybe 2-3 yards). 5,000 feet is about 10% of club distance.

It was also Mid July.... Hotter the hell out(high 90's or even 100's) and really dry(had not rained for about 2 weeks). Could have been good condtions. I got my longest driver ever around the same time(not the same day...but same or similar condtions)

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

I got lucky one day and hit it 291 yards (as measured by two course workers) when I was twenty years old.

I was playing the fifth hole alone, hit my drive and thought nothing of it. A friend who was alone on the tenth green, directly behind me, started jumping up and down, saying, "You hit that huge, huge." He raced over and tore down the fairway to check out the position. He was so excited and drew the attention of the workers.

I'm down with long drives, but sweet approach shots do it for me. They now come rarely as my game has fallen off.

I've had some pretty good drives in my life. The best this year was 522yrd par 5 12th hole at my home course. I had 185 left to green I did have wind helping and a slope the ball ran down after a big bounce (may have hit something). Also it was July with hard fairways when we weren't getting any rain here. Nothing else this yr came close to that. The downside was I missed the green left on my shot, kinda wasted that one.

In the Bag:
Driver:Adams Speedline F11 9 degree RIPΒ GammaΒ 

3 Wood: Adams Fast 10 15 degrees Voodoo shaft
Hybrid: Irons: Mizuno MP59 SensicoreΒ  XStiff

Wedges: Cleveland Gun Metal 52 56 degree

Putter: Rife: Belly Barbados Tropical

Ball: Titliest Pro V 1

377 was your longest this year ?

Gee. What was your longest ever ?

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

377 was your longest

That was probably my longest, nothing else came close this year and it didn't do me any good. I think it's safe to say I never hit a balata that far. I know I had a 364 in a scramble at Yankee Run off of number 3 which is elavated, a few years back. Sorry didn't realize I had the wrong hole yardage put down.

In the Bag:
Driver:Adams Speedline F11 9 degree RIPΒ GammaΒ 

3 Wood: Adams Fast 10 15 degrees Voodoo shaft
Hybrid: Irons: Mizuno MP59 SensicoreΒ  XStiff

Wedges: Cleveland Gun Metal 52 56 degree

Putter: Rife: Belly Barbados Tropical

Ball: Titliest Pro V 1

I have only golfed with my friend a few times, and I am just starting to get into the game, but I'll chip-in and make you all feel better

Mind you I've only been to a golf course 4 times, and once was right-handed because I couldn't borrow a lefty set... (although I have been to driving ranges and I've been seen on the practice greens a few times )

My longest flat-terrain drive left-handed was around 185 yards where it landed.

And my longest right-handed drive was with a 3-wood that went 145 yards over a lake (I've never been so happy to clear an obstacle in my life).

I hope that makes your 200+ and 300+ yard drives feel a little better

Clubs in my Army-issued duffel-bag...

DTR Irons : 2-9
DCI Wedges : PW 48* & SW 56*
Driver : Mid-Size TP System2 9.5* Metalwood (5) 23*

haha, with that Indicap Index, and just for you, they should put a '' Lefty-Righty'' button. I hope you like playing golf, because if it's not the case, I wouldn't like to play with you! But we play golf for fun, don't we?

-Julien

In my stand bag:

Driver: R7 460 Stiff
3-Wood: sumo
5-Wood: sumoIrons: R7 4-AWSW: rac LW: racPutter: Rossa Monsa CGB Fontana-7Balls: Pro V-1, NEW nike ONE

On a flat hole approx. 330yards.

Driver: R7 425 w/ Grafalloy Tour Blue S
3-wood: Ti Bubble 2
Irons: TP R7 w/ DG S300 shaft
Wedges: 55 & 60 deg.
Putter: My old trusty Tc.1Ball: Pro v-1 Bag:Never, Never, Never Quit!

My best was my first shot of a 4 day tournament, the 10th at Burleigh on the gold coast in Australia. Its a 420 METRE par 4 and I drove my ball to 140 out (280m drive). It's a straight hole and we had a slight left to right breeze.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

haha, with that Indicap Index, and just for you, they should put a '' Lefty-Righty'' button. I hope you like playing golf, because if it's not the case, I wouldn't like to play with you! But we play golf for fun, don't we?

My handicap index was a joke... I honestly do not know whaat it means. I play with a relatively decent player (he pars familiar courses and on good days hits the negative numbers), and I just go to have fun. I've never had a problem making contact with the ball, the problem is where it goes after that My shots tend to have at least a 10 yard left-side curl at the end of them. I have actually par'd one Par 4 hole, and I can make some decent shots, but no, I don't ever plan to play to make money... I just play to have fun with friends and play golf-cart derby

Clubs in my Army-issued duffel-bag...

DTR Irons : 2-9
DCI Wedges : PW 48* & SW 56*
Driver : Mid-Size TP System2 9.5* Metalwood (5) 23*

Par 4 course yardage was 380 and made a hole in one on a par 4 . Wind conditions were 15 miles per hour down wind . Course condition was dry . Mid summer . Course lay out was a silght dog leg play right . Did a short cut shot accross the trees lining the right hand side . I should say i drove 320 . Did not know of it untill the golf marshal drove into our group and asked who hit the drive while there were still players on the other green . My partner pointed a Judas finger on the culprit ... me ... He said the ball aside from nearly hitting all 4 players on the green also made it into the cup . It would have been just a thing of the past were it not for the Marshal who reported it to the club manager who after our round call us in for a little ceremony and some celebration on the club bar .

400 meters (437 yards), huh? That really must have been nice. Shame you couldn't have done it in Nevada last year; you would have won the World Long Drive Championship Open Division by almost 50 yards. (From the LDA's FAQ page: "In 2006, 386 yards was the longest drive hit during the World Finals in Mesquite, Nevada." http://www.longdrivers.com/faq.php ) Congratulations!

What's your average drive yardage, out of curiosity?

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

265ish. Not for sure what the exact yardage was. I know that it was mid 260s. I hit it the day after Thanksgiving and it was just pure luck. I turned on the ball hard and swung hard and just happened to make good contact. I was playing in a foursome and everyone said "wow" at the same time. Usually when I try to hit the ball hard it goes about 180 yards and way left (after a huge banana slice). Just got lucky on that one. I usually average 230-240.

Driver: Β Speedline 9.5Β° w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Red Shaft
Fairway: Β '07 Burner Fairways
Irons: Β Apex Edge 3-W

Wedge: Β 52Β° & 58Β° / Β 60Β° 588 Satin

Putter: Β Anser 4

280M. Not sure what that comes out to in Yards but it was a fairly sweet hit. Mind you, i had a tail wind and a downhill slope.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Home Course: Gawler Golf Club
Glove: Nike Tech Feel
Balls: Nike Power Flight

Thats about 306 yards, just as an FYI

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I have two seperate numbers because the longest I've ever hit was right about 400 yards. I hit a decent drive that was going to go about +300 yards but drifted a bit and hit the cart path. What happened next I have never witnessed since on a golf course but the ball basically hit the path and bounded forward another 100 yards into the middle of the fairway. It was a 540 yard par 5 and I had 140 yards to the green on my second shot.

My longest ever on a flat surface with no wind is right around 315 yards.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood:Β Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNCΒ Β 

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58*Β CNCΒ Β 

Putters:Β Scotty Cameron NewportΒ IIΒ 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Note:Β This thread is 3347 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!