Sign in to follow this  
iacas

Golf Game Better or Worse? (January - June 2015 Edition)

Note: This thread is 1598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Is your golf game better or worse now than it was in January, 2015?

• Better
    • About the Same
    • Worse

44 posts / 2431 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

A lot better. I bought some new irons which inspired me to change my swing so I started taking lessons from a local teacher and now I'm seeing a good improvement in dispersion and distance. I'm also playing 3 times a week and practicing a lot and practicing in a smarter way I think.

Better. Handicap has dropped from 29 to 26 and I feel like I'll be able to knock a few more strokes off before summer is done. I didn't get out this year until April, but here are my rounds starting from April and going to now. Once Summer started and school let out I was able to focus much more on my game, more range time and able to relax and play a full 18 without trying to rush home. I think the data below will show that Summer starting was a big reason for improvement.

SCHOOL GETS OUT

Better. Wasn't really focused last summer and played pretty sloppy. Started doing some serious practice over the winter and things have been coming together as the season has progressed.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Better. Started the year at an 11. Went to 13.5 while trying to grove changes my pro and I have been working on. Down to 11 again but hitting better shots and great stretches of near par golf during many rounds. Yesterday was one over par on my back nine with solid shots, putting and pitching. And all my misses were in play and didn't hurt much at all.

I can say yes because I am more consistent as long as I play comletely right handed. There are a few occasional glitches, but the majority of those show up while playing a new, or unfamiliar course. Do I think it will be better in 6 more months?  No, not really. My game is what it is. I suppose if I only played from the shorter tees I could score a bit better.

We played from the tips at Coyote Springs the other day.  7200+/- yards, Shot a 88, with my short distance being a big issue.  It's been a while since I played that course. I had a (small) hand in building it, and is the only reason we drove all the way out there to play it.

I'm just happy to still be playing this game with my friends, and family.

As for my trying to play left handed, that is getting better. Since I started, I have knocked 6 strokes of my left handed 18 hole average.  I found a left handed putter I like, and I duplicated my right handed set of irons in a left handed model.Still searching for some left handed metal woods I can be comfortable with.

Staying consistent is all I am after right now.

According to my HI, I have gone from a 7.8 to 9.3.  So, in this case, I would have to say that my game is slightly worse.

I must say that 9.3 is somewhat of my regular handicap for a number of years. The reason I went to a 7.8 was that I had several outstanding scores last fall. Now that those scores have left the HI computation, my handicap is back to normal.  However, I have hit a slight slump this summer, and my handicap is trending even higher. Time to get to the range.

I took most of last year OFF from golf with the arrival of my first son.....hence the long break I took from TST. I only played a handful of rounds between July and March. I started playing more regularly again in April, and my current game is better than it was in Jan, but no where near as good as it was the year before my son was born when I played 100 rounds in 10 months.

Better, if for only the fact that I FINALLY have figured out how to hit my driver in something of a straight direction. I was holding my lag a bit too long, which resulted in a lot of big pushes and slices. Once I got the feeling of letting the head catch up with my hands, I started hitting some high draws.....Its been a joy and waiting to see how this affects my handicap...

In January I was shoveling snow.  In late March through May, I struggled a bit.  The handicap index was creeping up and many rounds I was close to a bogey golfer.  The wet and cool conditions hurt my distance off the tee and put more stress on the other phases of the game.  I am playing well right now.  Handicap index is trending down.  Had a few rounds in the mid to high 70's, which is good for me.  My game tends to come and go every couple weeks so I try to enjoy the good times and not get too depressed in the bad.

much better; once I started averaging 8-10 GIRs, I realized how poor of a putter I was/am. Broke 80 for the first time yesterday (78 on course rated 70) and really could've shot around +1 had I not missed 5 putts totaling 25 feet. My 3 wood off of the tee is a real weapon since I'm no longer afraid of shots 185 yards and in. I'm confident I'll be on or around the green from those distances now.

Also, I learned the desert rule isn't a real rule and that's improved by course management a ton.

Finally, knowing my 50% distances (58 degree through 9-iron) has been critical; I can get it close a lot more often now. Favorite shot yesterday was a 110 yard half PW. Stuck it to 2 feet.

Better I am committed to practicing every day and working on my evolvr instruction. (Ready to submit an new video by the way)

I voted better.

In January I only got o play a few rounds, all bundled up wearing cold weather gear, on winter condition course.

Now that summer is here, I play often on green plush fairways and greens.

At my age, playing often outweighs improving.

Club Rat

Better. Handicap has dropped from 29 to 26 and I feel like I'll be able to knock a few more strokes off before summer is done. I didn't get out this year until April, but here are my rounds starting from April and going to now. Once Summer started and school let out I was able to focus much more on my game, more range time and able to relax and play a full 18 without trying to rush home. I think the data below will show that Summer starting was a big reason for improvement.

SCHOOL GETS OUT

Add a 107 to that list from today...... :pound:

Back at it again on Thursday

Note: This thread is 1598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!