• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2019 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • IIRC you were playing 4-5 nine hole rounds a week with little improvement. Was that you? If so, glad to see that you are implementing the practice more. I myself have gone the other way. With pool league starting up, I pretty much have only been playing. Hopefully I can get a couple of range sessions in this week, as it's something that I have missed these last 3 weeks or so.
    • Day 471 The practicing yesterday, which was the overall best in months, so I was ready for today. Had time to play 9. Mainly Par 4, with 2 Par 5 and only one Par 3.   My drives are where I noticed a solid from the last time.  I gained ~ 7  yard improvement on my drives with good loft and sold direction.  I was often well in position to go for a par of birdie. It was primarily with my 4h and 7i were, that I saw the most improvement in direction. I hit my only penalty of the day into water with when I pitched with my 56º, hit a cart path causing the ball to roll right into water’s edge. Final score was 40. Solid round; best round in fact for me at this course. Plans are for an round of 18 this week and a round of 9.
    • In the past week, I’ve posted two very solid nine-hole rounds, 41 ad 43. Quick overview of rounds: Tuesday (41): Best ballstriking in a while. No doubles or 6s, just five bogeys and four pars, although two of the bogeys were three-jacks. Also, one of the best bunker shots of my life on the 7th! Thursday (43): Another solid day on the course. Bogeyed the first five (again, two of them three-putts), then birdied 6. Doubled 7, then bogeyed 8 and parred 9 after an ugly third shot (par-5 hole)  So overall, a good week. Recently implemented a practice schedule (practice two days, play two days), so looking to get into the 30s a little bit in the near future!
    • "Four egg sample"? I'm praying that's a joke, and knowing you, it is!  This year I played in my second consecutive "Greatest Golfer of the Year" tourney in my local area. Our second day, we seniors were able to play Avalon Lakes. A Pete Dye design, and the hardest golf course I have ever played. And I've played Spyglass Hill on the Monterey peninsula! After the round, I hit the bar and ordered a pint of an adult beverage. Going out on the patio I found a couple of guys I used to play with in a league many years ago. They invited me to sit, and we conversed. One guy asked me how many balls I lost out there! I could honestly tell him that I played the entire round with one ball! He had lost a couple to the water. Neither of us made the cut.  I usually lose about zero balls per round!   
    • If the Local Rule is in effect, sure.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. adamlevine
      adamlevine
      (25 years old)
    2. don28
      don28
      (51 years old)
    3. pope1086
      pope1086
      (33 years old)
    4. rosemiche
      rosemiche
      (5 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...