IGNORED

Titleist Introduces 716 Line of Irons and Hybrids

Note: This thread is 3072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

17 hours ago, Tomboys said:

Unfortunately, the 716 AP1 PW will probably go further than your current PW.  My AP1 PW goes almost as far as my AP2 9i.  That's why I went 4-W1 to replace my 3-PW 712 AP2s.  Also, I've always pitched and chipped with my Vokeys around the greens.  However, I tried the W1 just to see what it would do and, if I'm being totally honest, I'm getting much better results than I ever had with my BV 52*.  I don't know if it's due to the clubhead design, shaft or the combination.  But, I seem to be able to execute the shot closer to what I envisioned beforehand.  Play it back in my stance, the ball will run.  Play it forward in my stance, the ball checks.  I simply alter the length of swing to get the run or carry that I want.  Pretty awesome given my lack of talent.  Sure, I will keep playing my 56* for bunkers or when I need to hit those high soft shots over obstacles next to the greens.  But, I will probably be ordering the W2 to replace my BV 52*.

This is very insightful; thank you!

I see myself having to make a decision about which club not to carry and the 5W might be the one, haha 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!