Note: This thread is 4038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Doesnt the refurbishing process remove the urethane cover?

The dimples are set in the urethane cover, so if the cover was removed, you'd have a ball without dimples.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

here at my local Golfsmith they sell ProV1x "x-outs" for $15 a dozen

I didn't know what the difference was so I didn't buy them, but I should

yeah but the refurb balls def had new covers on them...they werent just lake found balls. those balls always have yellowing to them, or scuffs or something to let you known its been gamed before. they refurb balls look brand spankin new, completely untouched

The dimples are set in the urethane cover, so if the cover was removed, you'd have a ball without dimples.

I was under the impression the outer white cover was an integral part of the balls design.

From titelist: " CORE Soft and resilient core formulation for outstanding feel and longer driver distance. CASING Resilient Ionomer casing layer. COVER High performance Urethane Elastomer™ cover. The core, casing and cover of the new Pro V1 combine for low spin off the driver and long irons, soft compression for outstanding feel and Drop-And-Stop™ greenside control." The cover is the white stuff on the outside of the ball, in refurbishing the ball this is all striped off. The casing is the stuff you see when you strip the cover off with a wedge, and the core is the center of the ball. Hence the 3- piece design.

• Administrator
I was under the impression the outer white cover was an integral part of the balls design.

Yeah, that's the cover, and it's where the dimples are.

CASING

Yeah, it's the casing: a thin layer that helps hold the core to the cover. It's like a layer of glue.

The cover is the white stuff on the outside of the ball, in refurbishing the ball this is all striped off. The casing is the stuff you see when you strip the cover off with a wedge, and the core is the center of the ball. Hence the 3- piece design.

No, you strip the

paint off the cover. You probably don't ever really ever see the casing unless you cut a ball in half. Look: http://www.titleist.com/golfballs/prov1x.asp?spec=1 There are no dimples in the casing.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
I saw at Walmart that they carry X-Out Titleists. The ones I saw that had openings had NXT Tours/NXTs and HVCs X-Outs. If there's no big differences I will definitely be getting these since then I save over half on the normal NXT prices. It was selling for $9.99.

• 2 years later...
Just curious if anyone knew anything about the PRO V1 PRACTICE BALLS? I ordered a couple dozen of them from the golfsmith website and wanted to know if anyone had played them before? I haven't gotten a chance to get out and play them yet. I would have put a little more info about them on here but golfsmith doesn't have them anymore. They were only $30 so I figured it would be worth it. Any info would be nice, thanks

as far as i know, they're just regular pro v1's with minor imperfections such as paint, lettering, etc.

i bought a dozen from dicks last year, coupldnt tell a difference between them and the regular prov1's.

as far as i know, they're just regular pro v1's with minor imperfections such as paint, lettering, etc.

so they're just factory mess up's. not balls that have already been hit.

so they're just factory mess up's. not balls that have already been hit.

the ones i bought in the sealed white box were new balls that havent been hit. not sure about yours.

the ones i bought in the sealed white box were new balls that havent been hit. not sure about yours.

i havnt bought any, just curious, im not the op

Yea those are the balls I'm talking about Kennay. I got mine cheaper than that. Thanks for the info guys, hopefully I can test them out soon. I looked them over and couldn't find any dimple damage or anything else that would change playability. The only things I noticed were incorrect ink markings. I don't think the large practice stamp will bother anything.

Note: This thread is 4038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!