IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (August 2015)

Note: This thread is 3159 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today I worked on keeping my head steady while moving my weight forward.  I pushed my office chair around.  I recorded each fake swing to make sure my head was staying steady.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

outside - Practiced the "flying wedge" and then tried some full swings

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Lots of work on putting and pitching.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Putting.  36" metal ruler.  Worked on a still head and light grip pressure.  Let the club head swing with gravity, don't guide it.  Follow through same length as back swing.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Setup up my alignment for every shot. My shoulders were open. So every shot for 3 buckets were setup with my club placed on my shoulders then my feet positioned where they should be relative to all the datum points I use for shot alignment.

I also setup the ball more in the center of the face and towards the heel a bit so I would not hit toe side as much. It helped a lot with my long iron distances, but I spent all my time with alignment and setup. 180-200 balls of this every shot. . .

Same thing except on grass. Needed the alignment sticks as well since I didn't have a mat. Since, we were moved up 20 yards I was hitting what is normally the 150 flag with my PW. I have to say that hitting off grass is a total treat. I almost don't need to get on the course anymore.

The only bummer about hitting off grass is no woods are allowed as the back fence is only 220 to 240 yards away.

Anyway, I also tried a bunch of shots without the alignment stick and "feeling" the proper positions, and it didn't work out that well. So, I hit more with alignment sticks and placing the club to my shoulders again. Going to take some time to develop the feel.

Shots are going straight and my fade is gone on my long irons. Magic!

On mats again. Used alignment rods and lined up every shot. Hit 2 large buckets trying to ingrain the alignment.

Straight shots. I'm hitting some shots too fat and thin, but at least my long irons don't fade anymore. Super cool feeling. BTW, I tried to pull some shots on purpose and they do carry about 5 yards farther at 150 yards. My 8i is approximately my 150 carry club now, but if I pull it I can carry 155. Maybe I can use that shot sometime? Joking of course. . . :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I did five minutes swing mapping before my workout. I focused on weight forward from A6 to 9 with emphasis on driving my right hip forward and up and squeezing my glutes. I want to feel the pressure of squising an imaginary ball under my left foot.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

15 mins in the back yard before work swing driver and 8i very slowly getting into all the right positions. Will probably do some more later today at work.

Doug

Worked on long putts and distance control ... I love my Edel!

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Played 9 holes from the shorter tees. Really tried to just work on focusing on each shot and visualizing what I wanted to do. Ended up playing pretty well.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I went to the range today.  I tried slowing my swing down while I worked on getting my weight forward.  I also focused on keeping my axis tilt. I hit a large bucket.

Driver and 5h swings over grass, no ball.  Again working on increasing speed but with no tension and not swinging harder but faster, staying smooth.  Full turn, hip slide/turn, feel the release of the wrists/hands, max acceleration through the ball.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

8/21/15: Slow arm swings at work for 10 minutes on break, focusing on pausing at the top...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Slow swings in the yard.  I focused on my heads shadow not moving during the swing.  I continued to work on getting my weight forward also.

Note: This thread is 3159 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!