IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (August 2015)

Note: This thread is 3153 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8/1/15: Practiced some 50% speed swings with the driver, feeling as if my takeaway is lower and slower, trying to keep the clubface facing the ball as long as possible...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I played today (ended up shooting 88, including a birdie). Before the round, I got to the course with plenty of time to spare (the course had two small tournaments before my tee time); one of the issues I'd been working on in July (when I was slacking on several practice days), was my transition: maintaining my lag by turning my hips. I focus (in practice swings) on making sure I get my hips turning forward as I begin the downswing. In addition to hitting the range, I worked on speed drills on the putting green: 3 balls from 10' out, flat, uphill (to whatever extent I can get that on this green) and downhill.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Swing mapping while grilling dinner.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8/1/15:

30 Hip Twists to loosen the body

2 minutes Flat Wrist Drills

10 Minutes Swing Arc Focus. Been playing with my new 3 Bays GSA. Interesting results. I'll post screen grabs tomorrow.

(My copy of LSW arrived yesterday, only checked my mailbox today! - Could be a long night...)

Worked on keeping head still on back swing and starting down swing with lateral hip move.

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

I am a one-plane swinger who often gets under plane and hooks. I practiced with a tour stick insuring I I was on plane on my backswing and on my downswing. I set the stick slightly inside my plane line on the backswing and insure I don't hit it on the downswing. When transferred to the course, I hit the ball pretty straight to a gentle fade.

Mirror work on 9-3 drill swing. Trying to nail down the trigger.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Did the closed face drill while hitting balls into my net, focusing on keeping my right elbow relaxed and not losing the bend in it to early.

Today I spent time time putting outdoors before my round. I worked on reading the slop degree ... via aimpoint.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Practiced 10' putts and short putts before my round today; didn't start getting bad speed on putts until the final six holes (4 doubles in final six); exhaustion maybe? Played yesterday and today, walked both times. Also did my usual transition drill at the range with my warm-up bucket. Then played 18, trying to remain focused on targets. I worry that a lot of my August practice is going to be focused on staying where I am and not getting worse; I'm going to review some recent evolvr lessons too. My next match play round is next weekend, and the club championship is the three day weekend after that. If I win next weekend, I have another match play round in August. And then I can finally take another lesson.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Today I went to the range.  I worked on my shoulder turn.  I hit 5 shots with my 3wood emphasizing my shoulder turn.  Then I would hit one normal shot.  Today it was extremely windy.  It was one of the most challenging practice sessions I've had in a long time.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

Still working on SK#2 in the the living room. Wife said I was going to wear a hole in the rug.  I re-watched my evolvr analysis and practiced starting to shift

my weight before I finished my back swing. This seems to be working much better.

Doug

Mirror work on 9-3 drill swing. Trying to nail down the trigger.

Driving range was a mistake. I still have a chest cold, and the heat was too much. Good news is the balls went much further than in the early morning dew. Hit a large bucket and rested every 5 balls in the shade of the cafe umbrella sipping on an icy Gatorade. My son is teaching a First Tee class, so I had to wait around anyway. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Practiced chipping into an umbrella... Worked on having ball resting really high in the rough and buried deep.

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

8/2/15: Played 27 holes today... Shot 79... Only one birdie though because I suck at golf... I've been working a lot on distance control with wedges lately... Hitting a lot my ½ AW shots... I have no damn confidence in my Full sand wedge, so I've been hitting a lot of 50° wedges for everything... No SW really at all... I worked on my release without balls before the round for about 10 minutes... My block off the tee is basically gone, my miss lately has been a pull hook when I quit swinging on the follow-through... I murdered my drives on 1 and 10 (They are the same Hole just two different Tees, I only had 239 into the tenth for my second and had a near Under GIR, I was 5 yards short of the green in two, one more bounce and I woulda been putting for eagle... On the first Hole, I had 213 to the hole (white flag today, so about 275 from the whites and 280 from the blues), parred 10 in my 18 Hole round, and parred 1 because I had an hour to kill... The 79 was the first 18, I didn't keep score the third nine cause I was too busy looking at the birds and trying to see if their were any fish in Fall Creek.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Played 18 this morning.

This evening I practiced my chipping for 15 minutes, concentrating on contact and distance control.

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

Note: This thread is 3153 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!