IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (August 2015)

Note: This thread is 3158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 to 10 minutes mapping my swing. I did spend a bit of time with my grip. In this hot weather, I am having a bit of trouble because I need to wear gloves do the excess sweat. I usually don't wear gloves.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I spent 10 minutes putting in my hotel room

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

Spent five to ten mins mapping swing from P4 to P7 concentrating on weight shift into office chair at work.

Funny, I'm also doing the office chair thing. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Range - 1st ten shots were hit with my feet together using my sand wedge.

I practiced getting my weight forward.  I used my 3wood.  I would hit 5 shots with a slower swing focusing on getting my weight forward.  Then I would hit a normal shot.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

Practiced rolling putts over a dime from a foot away with different length back strokes for 20 minutes. Trying to insure my tempo stays the same and not hitting the ball for more power! Putting has been holding me back from better scores after solid ball striking, particularly for approach shots!

Indoors tonight ... forget who's swing thread I saw this on, but it was suggested to put your butt next to a wall and turn until your hands hit the wall ... at as easy as it sounds ... Also did some outdoor work trying to mimic the above.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

8/4/15: Practiced my practicing. 7i slow motion work. Partial > full swings. Reviewed my new lead hand grip. 8/5/15: 75 balls at the range. Focus on the grip again. Slow motion work trying to align the impact. Flat wrist drill.

While making dinner and tomorrow's lunch, I did the "driver practice at home" (p.82 LSW) drill with the medicine ball. It feels more like exercise than practice.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Indoor swings. Back swing and hold. Slow to impact. Slow follow through. Then 3/4 swings, smooth tempo.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Spent an entire bucket working on my "less stress" movement. I'm trying to move even slowerer and syrupier, and it seems to be giving me the "push"es I want. The ball is surprisingly going almost the same distance as my pulls only they are going the other way. I think it's because my hips are clearing better and my shoulders and arms follow better?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

In another hotel room....worked on grip(holding a bird) and putting set up/swings

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

So here I am in my office, practicing my takeaway and transition using a coat hanger. Back gently to A3, let my left knee kick in a little bit, right leg straighten, get to A4, kick left knee out towards target as I open my hips as I transition. Maybe I should have closed the blinds before doing this. Not a bad way to spend a short break just the same. Should have actual range time tomorrow and Saturday before facing a match on Sunday.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 3158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!