IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (August 2015)

Note: This thread is 3158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Range - Started with hitting 10 balls with my sand wedge with my feet together.

After my warm up, I hit 5 balls focusing on my priority piece (weight forward/shorter back swing).  Then I would then hit a normal shot.  I recorded most of the normal shots. I'm slowly making progress with getting my weight forward.  My shoulder turn is so so.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

8/6/2015

Driver and 7i slow motion drills A5 to A7

Flat wrist drills

Annoyed my wife by putting for an hour...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had a good session outside tonight. Got some putting in ... really worked on lining up and hitting my mark. I then worked on turning my hips and making contact on the ball and not behind ... pinching it to the ground ... oh wait, you can't do that. :-D

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Swing mapping for 15 minutes. Putting for 10 minutes on my board.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Spent an entire bucket working on my "less stress" movement. I'm trying to move even slowerer and syrupier, and it seems to be giving me the "push"es I want. The ball is surprisingly going almost the same distance as my pulls only they are going the other way. I think it's because my hips are clearing better and my shoulders and arms follow better?

Slow syrupy movements even for full swings. 9-3 and full swing movements.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Practiced my transition in the downswing and pivoting better to get  my right shoulder in better position in the downswing inside without a club in front of a mirror.

NOTE: Been reading more LSW. REALLY LIKE THE 65/20/15 RULE. Conceptually I have my percentages misaligned and need to shift to more full swing practice rather than 80% time on the golf course. * 30 minutes practice full swings SV4

8/7/15: I played 9 holes with Alina(my 21 month old daughter)... I shot 39... No birdies 8 pars and a triple... I didn't keep Alina's score partial because I had to MacGyver Family Tees on the course but, she hit a couple nice putts from like 7 or 8 feet that she made... Mostly a day I worked on full swing stuff... The triple was on 5 where I hit my tee shot in the Ninth fairway, hit my second under a tree where I couldn't play it, took an unplayable punched out just short, chipped on and two putted for a 7... Ironically I think Alina beat me on that Hole... I think she made a bogey (she started the hole from the 150 marker)

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

8/7/15:

I played 9 holes with Alina(my 21 month old daughter)... I shot 39... No birdies 8 pars and a triple... I didn't keep Alina's score partial because I had to MacGyver Family Tees on the course but, she hit a couple nice putts from like 7 or 8 feet that she made... Mostly a day I worked on full swing stuff... The triple was on 5 where I hit my tee shot in the Ninth fairway, hit my second under a tree where I couldn't play it, took an unplayable punched out just short, chipped on and two putted for a 7... Ironically I think Alina beat me on that Hole... I think she made a bogey (she started the hole from the 150 marker)

OT, but @ nthehunt526 can you tell me more about Alina's game, PM if you like! Sounds amazing.

8/7/2015:

Played 18 holes on a local course. 3 weeks ago I shot 108, today I shot 93.

The smart practice is paying off. Driving wasn't great. Everything else was pretty solid - for a high handicapper - one blow up hole, par 5, put my 3rd shot into a greenside bunker...

On Sunday night I plan to review the week and put together a proper plan for the following week. (Almost finished LSW).

Practiced some really slow and syrupy swings at Nic's in BH, Ca. Maybe too slow? :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Range - Warmed up with my sand wedge.  10 shots with my feet together.

Worked on weight forward/shoulder turn in the back swing.  I would hit 5 balls focusing on my priority piece.  Then I would hit a normal shot.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

Outdoors with putting practice ... as well as full swings concentrating on key 1 and 2.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

5h swings on the grass outside no ball. Head still. Hip slide/turn. Worked on smooth tempo and soft arms.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Tonight was a good night. I got to my course's practice facility for a good two hours (yes, I know this doesn't count as today's + the next 23 days' worth of five minutes). I spent about 20 minutes putting. I mostly worked on distance control; I don't want to practice the short ones, because I'm of two minds right now. My Edel is coming in a week or two, so I'll need to practice a lot of them then to get used to it. On the other hand, I have at least three tournament rounds in the next nine days; hopefully four (club championship starts a week from today and has a cut after 36 holes before the final 18). And hopefully at least one after it later in August, as Sunday is my next match for the match play. (Any thoughts from anyone about whether or not I should practice the short ones? I may want it short-term but I know I'm getting a new putter I can aim well soon too!) So I should be doing more short game than practice ratios would indicate, but on the other hand, I can't convince myself to do much short with the putter while waiting on the Edel. I should have gone for that Edel earlier in the summer! Then I did about ten minutes at the chipping green, some A2 and through chips, mostly just getting warmed up for the range. Our chipping green area isn't that great. I did my usual 30 balls 60 minutes, just trying to keep up with what I've been working at for the past month. I hit a few stinkers at the end, and thought that I'd love a few more balls. Then the kid next to me decided to leave early and offered me some (I didn't put him up to it, or even think out loud about it!). Same focus as the past: left knee before and after transition.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 3158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!