Sign in to follow this  
iacas

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (August 2015)

Note: This thread is 1558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

372 posts / 10658 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I DID NOT meet the requirements in August. But I do have a question: if I had otherwise hit every day, would the two days where I did only the medicine ball driver drill have counted (for purposes of the contest)?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

But I do have a question: if I had otherwise hit every day, would the two days where I did only the medicine ball driver drill have counted (for purposes of the contest)?

Five minutes of any kind of practice counts. For this purpose, working out doesn't count, unless it's very golf specific. But it sounds like a medicine ball "driver drill" definitely counts.

9/1/15:

I think one of the moderators deleted my 8/6 post so again I'm a day late and a dollar short

You didn't make one on 8/6. Nobody deleted it because it didn't exist.

I take accusations like that seriously (even though it's just for a little badge), so I looked back at the mod queue - the Huddler platform doesn't let you delete posts permanently at all - and you didn't make a post on 8/6. Your posts go from 8/5 to 8/7. I'll send you a PM with an image.

Note: This thread is 1558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2019 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • These next five Rules 7 through 11 are grouped under the heading, Playing the Ball. Rule 7 - Ball Search: Finding and Identifying Ball Purpose of Rule: Rule 7 allows the player to take reasonable actions to fairly search for his or her ball in play after each stroke. But the player still must be careful, as a penalty will apply if the player acts excessively and causes improvement to the conditions affecting his or her next stroke. The player gets no penalty if the ball is accidentally moved in trying to find or identify it, but must then replace the ball on its original spot. 7.1 How to Fairly Search for Ball 7.2 How to Identify Ball 7.3 Lifting Ball to Identify It 7.4 Ball Accidentally Moved in Trying to Find or Identify It Relevant Interpretations: 7.1a/1 Examples of Actions Unlikely to Be Part of a Fair Search 7.2/1 Identifying Ball That Cannot Be Retrieved 7.4/1 Estimating Original Spot on Which to Replace Ball Moved During Search 7.4/2 Player Attempts to Dislodge Ball in Tree or Step on Ball in Tall Grass During Search  
    • If you go to Club Champion and they have the shafts, you may want to try Tensei AV Blue vs Tensei CK Pro Blue, and Diamana ZF vs BF vs DF, as all 5 of these shafts are all going for the "stiff but maintains some pop" space. Diamana BF series: the latest (4th generation) blue profile shaft, which is the mid launch, mid spin shaft.  Justin Thomas uses it. Diamana ZF series: similiar to the BF with a stiffer tip area to reduce spin, supposed to be mid launch, low spin shaft. Diamana DF series: even stiffer and lower spin than the ZF, it mixes the white board mid stiff profile in to be the lowest launch, lowest spin shaft. Tensei CK Pro Blue: new materials version of the Diamana blue board, CK is carbon kevlar, mid launch, mid spin.  The CK Pro is the aftermarket version, the CK is the cheaper higher torque version.  Tensei AV Blue: the new replacement for the CK Pro Blue, it uses Aluminium Vapor (AV) instead of CK (carbon kevlar) for more consistency.
    • So after what I thought were a lot of successful practices I played 18 on Thursday. I completely fell apart on the course after hitting everything on the range. On a particular par 4 I was able to hit a slice, a pull and a draw on 3 consecutive shots (the pull went OB). I had way too many things I was trying to correct at the same time. 
    • Yes, this thread is continuous, including 2019. Day 27.  Some short iron (9-iron) practice after work.  Indoors, off a mat, into a net, fewer balls than usual but swings just the same.
    • Okay, I'm caught up as of two days ago.  I'm really enjoying it, but as someone may have pointed out above, my repeatedly ordering fried calamari to eat during the show is not being reciprocated by the expected encounter during episodes.  Yes, but at least they put the right music on that scene.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. 70sSanO
      70sSanO
      (68 years old)
    2. baw333
      baw333
      (41 years old)
    3. borule
      borule
      (74 years old)
    4. jlbos83
      jlbos83
      (59 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...