IGNORED

2015-2016 Soccer (Football) Thread

RJH999
Note: This thread is 2798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How about Fernando Torres! Scored another big goal today. He's on fire lately and too bad he was sent off after a brilliant goal vs Barca this week. I like Barca a lot but the favoritism uefa shows them is comical. Barca lost again today so Atletico is only 3 pts back in the tables. 

• 2 weeks later...

How about West Ham getting screwed... again?!?!  It would be comical if it weren't costing us European football.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, bwdial said:

How about West Ham getting screwed... again?!?!  It would be comical if it weren't costing us European football.

If you are referring to the Leicester City match, it sounds like the Foxes feel aggrieved as well. How long has it been since West Ham has been this close, this late?

This weekend will be my first chance to watch any of it as a certain deadline has recently passed. Football in the morning and golf in the afternoon. Really looking forward to it.

11 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

If you are referring to the Leicester City match, it sounds like the Foxes feel aggrieved as well. How long has it been since West Ham has been this close, this late?

This weekend will be my first chance to watch any of it as a certain deadline has recently passed. Football in the morning and golf in the afternoon. Really looking forward to it.

It's been since 1999.  Bilic was a player on a side that finished fifth.

The referee in the Leicester City was terrible, but Vardy did dive and the FA has nailed him for his conduct after the fact.  That late penalty was a joke.  Carroll got the ball, and the dude made an all-you-can-eat buffet out of a shoulder-to-shoulder challenge.  The problem is that the Hammers have been hammered by crap officiating for about four or five games in a row, including an offside against Arsenal that defied logic.

westhamscrewed.jpg

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I guess nobody else watched the LC/MU match this morning?

A bit of a letdown since they could have wrapped it up, but securing a point makes it pretty tough for TH.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

In golf terminology, Leicester just went dormie for the Premier League. This has been very exciting for someone who hasn't followed European soccer for that long.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Administrator
On May 1, 2016 at 0:15 PM, Chilli Dipper said:

In golf terminology, Leicester just went dormie for the Premier League. This has been very exciting for someone who hasn't followed European soccer for that long.

And now they've won it!

Leicester City!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 hours ago, iacas said:

And now they've won it!

Leicester City!

There are a lot of hungover people in Leicester today.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Looks like In-ger-land wanted out of Euro 2016 as well.

Maybe they should take up baseball.

Ouch! The week couldn't get any worse for England. Congrats to Iceland. This is a huge deal for them.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/27/football/euro-2016-england-iceland/index.html

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 2 weeks later...

Golden foot alright.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

No Kedira, no Gomez, no Hummels. France's mindfield is going to run through Germany like it was cheese cloth. Slow ass schweinsteiger will not be able to stop them. 

Edited by Groucho Valentine

• 1 month later...

All those millions spent and Master Rashford comes of the bench to score the winner.Well done young man.

Could change the thread title to 2016/17

Edited by Scotsclaff

7 minutes ago, Scotsclaff said:

All those millions spent and Master Rashford comes of the bench to score the winner.Well done young man.

Could change the thread title to 2016/17

That wouldn't make sense ... You could start a new one though. :)

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 2798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!