IGNORED

Under Armour files for trademarks on Jordan Spieth logo [ESPN]

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's bad, and so is TW's, but this is worse.  It looks like an eye test..."Can you see the S?.

Interesting, I think it's harder to see the J than the S.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

I get, they all wanna make their money and I don't blame them; I would do it too. But, its like watering down the HOF. Too much of this and the logos aren't special anymore. Don't get me wrong, Jordan is a special player, but I really only like Tiger having a logo. Haha I don't know what it is, but it just bothers me seeing Adam Scott, Sergio, DJ all having logos. With that said, that Spieth logo isn't bad.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

I get, they all wanna make their money and I don't blame them; I would do it too. But, its like watering down the HOF. Too much of this and the logos aren't special anymore. Don't get me wrong, Jordan is a special player, but I really only like Tiger having a logo. Haha I don't know what it is, but it just bothers me seeing Adam Scott, Sergio, DJ all having logos. With that said, that Spieth logo isn't bad.

And nobody except for Tiger wears their logo on their hat.  As a matter of fact, I didn't even know DJ had a logo.  I knew of Adam Scotts only because it's been asked on this forum before what the "AS" looking thing is on his bag... fact of the matter is, nobody really cares about Sergios logo, or Adam Scotts or even DJ's lol.  I don't see their logo anywhere at Dick's Sporting Goods.

I only came as far as considering at one time getting a TW logo hat, but never did lol, even though back at the time I considered it I really didn't like Tiger.  But I do like Jordan, sadly though, I don't like the logo one bit UA wants for him.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

And nobody except for Tiger wears their logo on their hat.  As a matter of fact, I didn't even know DJ had a logo.  I knew of Adam Scotts only because it's been asked on this forum before what the "AS" looking thing is on his bag... fact of the matter is, nobody really cares about Sergios logo, or Adam Scotts or even DJ's lol.  I don't see their logo anywhere at Dick's Sporting Goods.  I only came as far as considering at one time getting a TW logo hat, but never did lol, even though back at the time I considered it I really didn't like Tiger.  But I do like Jordan, sadly though, I don't like the logo one bit UA wants for him.

Tigers the only one who wears his on the front of his hat, but a lot of them (I believe Adam Scott included, I think Hunter Mahan and Justin Rose as well, among others) have their logos/initials on the backs of their hat.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I see the s but I dont see 2 js unless you call one of them turned sideways

Same. I looked into seriously and finally found the Js after thought much. It could seem like just for S.

Besides, the colour and overall design is not fancy enough as others mentioned.

UA is blowing up, seems they have a ton of young guns. The UA look is clean and slick, similar to Nike. Wonder if they plan to move into equipment?

who buys UA ... stuff costs a mint.     Never on sale & a typical golf shirt cost about $70.    Not exactly appealing to a younger crowd...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

who buys UA ... stuff costs a mint.     Never on sale & a typical golf shirt cost about $70.    Not exactly appealing to a younger crowd...

I thought the Nike stuff was far more expensive. Kids today will pay anything for something they want. I still remember all the ghetto kids paying $200 for Air Jordans. The price didn't seem to stop them.

I don't really get paying this kind of money for clothes. I'll buy a $12 Wal-Mart polo shirt to be honest.

I got a UA golf shirt on sale and some sweats and tee shirts. It is expensive but kids find a way. My kid is a high school jock, UA is not as popular a brand as Nike with them but it's getting there.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunther

UA is blowing up, seems they have a ton of young guns. The UA look is clean and slick, similar to Nike. Wonder if they plan to move into equipment?

i have a ton of their various "keep you warm" undergarments...    no outerwear though...

The FootJoy logo is nothing special, but it works, you can tell from a mile away what it is, and it doesn't really convey anything but FootJoy.

This looks like a boring corporate logo, and it will not be recognizable, it could be confused with anything, fail.

The FootJoy logo is nothing special, but it works, you can tell from a mile away what it is, and it doesn't really convey anything but FootJoy.

This looks like a boring corporate logo, and it will not be recognizable, it could be confused with anything, fail.

Yes, but FootJoy has been around for years and you have seen that logo on a golf course thousands of times.  That is why it is recognizable.  You didn't see it one time when it fist launched and knew it was a golf shoe brand.

Brands are not built instantly with a logo, they are built over time with exposure.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Quote:

i have a ton of their various "keep you warm" undergarments...    no outerwear though...

Man, I hate those UA "keep you warm" skin tight undergarments - I look like a stuffed sausage in that stuff

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

[QUOTE name="ccotenj" url="/t/83720/under-armour-files-for-trademarks-on-jordan-spieth-logo-espn/36#post_1183349"]   [CONTENTEMBED=/t/83720/under-armour-files-for-trademarks-on-jordan-spieth-logo-espn/36#post_1183309 layout=inline]Quote:[/CONTENTEMBED] i have a ton of their various "keep you warm" undergarments...    no outerwear though... [/QUOTE]  Man, I hate those UA "keep you warm" skin tight undergarments - I look like a stuffed sausage in that stuff

lol! indeed, i do as well, it is a good idea to stay away from mirrors while dressing in them... :-D unless they are really ripped, i think everyone does... but it works....

Note: This thread is 3179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!