IGNORED

Why all the testosterone?

daa1969
Note: This thread is 3149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This will be my last post on this site, seems to be a lot of riff raff here, probably a bunch of the same clowns that have turned a nice leisurely 3hr round of golf into a 5 hr waiting game. Ive proved myself as well as i can, you just dont get it, everyone seems to think if your long you have to be good, nobody argues with a long drive competitor, most of them will tell you they dont score well, does that mean they cant drive it 400+, i know what i can do and so do the people around me. Guess its all the same macho testosterone filled jakwads i see all day long on the course, oh well, im out! Shanks for nothing jakwads!

• Administrator
I play a lot of golf with a lot of diverse people and everybody I know whose "typical" drive is 270 is a single digit handicap, most of them mid to lower single digits.

I taught a guy who hits the ball about 275 on average but has no idea which direction it's going and he doesn't break 90.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This will be my last post on this site, seems to be a lot of riff raff here, probably a bunch of the same clowns that have turned a nice leisurely 3hr round of golf into a 5 hr waiting game. Ive proved myself as well as i can, you just dont get it, everyone seems to think if your long you have to be good, nobody argues with a long drive competitor, most of them will tell you they dont score well, does that mean they cant drive it 400+, i know what i can do and so do the people around me. Guess its all the same macho testosterone filled jakwads i see all day long on the course, oh well, im out! Shanks for nothing jakwads!

Sorry if people are questioning you. I play with a guy that used to play college baseball and he hits it 280-300. His handicap is 16. Even though he finishes 20-30 yards ahead of me his final score is no where close to mine. For me and my game I score really well with ball striking, getting up a down, and 3 putt avoidance. Driving to me is just putting the ball in play and staying in bounds. Don't get down by disparaging remarks from a few posters. I score better than a lot of guys that hit drives farther than me. I too may have been guilty of questioning your average driver distance. However, there is a thread on here somewhere asking to post how far you hit each club. I look at it occasionally just for humor...if a lot of those numbers were true we would have a lot of scratch players on this board. Anyway, hope you change your mind and forget this thread that went "way off line"... :)

Thanks for the tips. I didn't play today. Damn hot water tank. My advice is to play at different times and days so the jakwads don't annoy you so much.Personally I like making a hard game even harder sometimes. Don't really care all that much about handicaps right now or how long I hit my drives or for that matter anyone's drives. I am planning an event in October at one of the longest courses in our area, Totteridge. Back tees, 8 clubs or less. We'd walk it and in our bare feet If they'd let us. :) I wouldn't do this every week but now and then it's fun to push the envelope and play back no matter what skill level IMO. I will however make sure there isnt a big group behind us that day though because of your comments in this thread. I'm hoping in mid October we won't have to worry much about holding people up. Stick around. Don't be a jakwad. :-)

1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

I taught a guy who hits the ball about 275 on average but has no idea which direction it's going and he doesn't break 90.

Driving distance definitely doesn't mean you can play well. I can put some good drives out and then I spend the rest of the hole chunking iron shots and 3-4 putting. I can just muscle a decent drive every now and then but the fact is just because I've put a few out there 265 or so doesn't mean I do it consistently or very accurately.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 2.0
3W:  Nike VRS Covert
3H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
4H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
5-AW:  Nike  VRS-X
SW:  Nike VRS Covert
LW:  Nike VRS X3X 60*
Putter:  Nike Method MC-3i

Ok so I played 36 holes today and did not hit a drive under 270. The course was very dry. There was a water hazard on 18 285 out and I hit the damn water on a pured shot. I'm not sure if I'm "long" compared to good golfers but I am pretty long compared to the average joe I guess. The point of this is I get what he is saying. However, I would suspect he is talking about his average "in play" drives, which I could definitely see him averaging 275. Those trees and OB can definitely mess up an average though and I doubt there are very many 10+ Handicaps that actually average 275+ if you actually include wayward tee shots.

But, but, but what if I was on an elevated tee box (100 feet above the fairway), on a fairway that sloped down a steep hill and was hard as a rock. And I was playing at 9000 feet above sea level and it was 80 degrees with 10% humidity. And I had a 40 mph wind to my back. And I was hitting a Pinnacle Gold Ultra distance ball. Then I can average 305?

A friend of mine went off with an 8-iron on a 155 yard par 3.  It's downhill and we had about a 30 mph wind at our back.  He flushed it, got it up in the wind and carried it 180 yards, so now anytime he's facing a 180-yard shot I ask him if he's hitting 8-iron. since it's obviously his 180 club. :-)

• Upvote 1

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Well it looks like another flare up occurred last night and @daa1969 may have took offense to some TST comments. Look, you lead or be led, teach or be taught...lurk or be lurked. Types you'll find on boards. Personally I'm a distancely challenged driver COMPARED to many of you and my playing mates. Not real bothered by it. I'm kind of a Jackwad sometimes but believe the intent here was an honest attempt to share a message. I have a lot of TESTOSTERONE (now) my Endo doctor gave me some at my age, no kidding. Was getting too tired playing in the morning then umpiring in the evening dealing with knuckle heads who knew all the rules, so it seemed. More in balance now.

Ill probably get chewed out for this but its just my opinion and I could be wrong.If you really want to find out how good you are then you should play the tips every once in awhile aslong as your not holding people up preferably on an open course thata not crowded.I dont care what that course rating says on card bout different tees because theres no way 7000 yd course only plays 3-4 strokes harder than from 6000 yds.I personally believe its much more than that.On a 6000 yd course I should generally shoot 80.I dont see myself only shooting 83-84 from tips.It would be more like 86-89.

I agree 100%.

I play 7000+ yards around 5-7 times each year. The last time was a few weeks ago. The course was 7,064 and I played great. Shot 85.

If I would've played that well from the white tees, I'd post a 74-76.

Best regards.

- Shane

Driver, gap wedge, putter 3 best clubs in bag.

Scramble vs stroke play I stopped playing scrambles due to needing more @ work stroke play. Good question.

my home course is about 6200 yards. We play from the whites. These are about the only 3 clubs I use on 90%of the holes!

"good" is a relative term.

Most of us on here continue to practice in order to get better.

My drives average 265, but I am still a bogie golfer. I hit nice straight, mile high drives. My issue is I have very little accuracy with my second shot.

I pull my wedges and short irons. I also cant read a green to sink a birdie putt, leaving me to scramble for par and ending up with bogie.

If the point of the game was to see who can have the most "birdie to bogie 3 putts" per round I would be unbeatable.

I see no need to play the blues. I know I am a bogie golfer and I am working on it.

What drives me nuts is when the group in front of me is a bunch of younger golfers all dressed up in their nike/titlest gear pretending to be pros from the blues.

I think if you are consistently double bogeying holes from the blues, you should not be playing from the blues.

one of the ideas of Teeing it forward is to speed up slow play.

If you are playing from the blues and your tee shot is barely making the fairway or you are scattering the ball around the course you are holding up play behind you.

Most of us on any given course will never be pros, stop pretending to be.

Move up a tee and have fun.

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Always love the dramatic, generalization-name calling, I am taking my ball and your going to miss me, exits ... Best of luck to ya ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

our collective disappointment at your departure is likely smaller than you would like it to be...

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by phan52

I play a lot of golf with a lot of diverse people and everybody I know whose "typical" drive is 270 is a single digit handicap, most of them mid to lower single digits.

Originally Posted by iacas

Totally agree Erik, and I play with some guys like that as well. But this guy is saying that his "typical" drive is long and in play. Don't know any 18 handicappers like that.

I guess my best bet would have been to just ignore him, but I can't help myself. :-\

Bill M

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52

Originally Posted by iacas

Totally agree Erik, and I play with some guys like that as well. But this guy is saying that his "typical" drive is long and in play. Don't know any 18 handicappers like that.

I guess my best bet would have been to just ignore him, but I can't help myself.

I didn't see anywhere where anyone stated this? I agree that the typical person capable of driving 275 is not a bogey golfer. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I didn't see anywhere where anyone stated this?

I believe he's referring to me. Apparently having 9 out of 12-13 in play around that yardages *as in have a second shot not OB* isn't sufficient to classify it as typical though.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

I didn't see anywhere where anyone stated this?

I believe he's referring to me. Apparently having 9 out of 12-13 in play around that yardages *as in have a second shot not OB* isn't sufficient to classify it as typical though.

True, but that's a far cry from stating 9 FW hit.

I guess he was thinking you meant first cut or FW, which would be pretty impressive at 275 yards for a bogey golfer. . .Mr. 4 putt strikes again? :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 3149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!