• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2018 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    More to come…
    • Seveal years ago, I had a full swing wedge problem. It lasted for three rounds. It got to where I was using longer clubs, with abbreviated swings for my full wedge distances.  Finally, I just said "screw this" and golfed 54 holes with just my PW, SW, and putter. By the time I was done, my full swing wedge problem was gone. 
    • Hello Patch - I’ll most certainly heed your advice. I appreciate your input and reply, thank you. 
    • Lie angles really don't change. Mainly because you don't slam the sole of the Club on the ground repeatedly. The only thing that will change is the lofts will weaken a touch, because the clubface hits the ball not the sole. As stated before, if you've made a swing change or posture change, then you might want to check them.
    • Welcome to TST, and your retirement.  My recommendation is don't let golf be your only physical exercise in your retirement. By itself, it's not enough. Do other things to stay mentally, and physically active. Those other things will make your golf journey more enjoyable.  I've been semi retired, and fully retired going on 15 years, now. Golf is is a big part of my life, but so are a lot of other things. 
    • Interesting post @Waddaplaya. I'm not trying to say that all clubs are necessarily like this, @iacas. All I'm trying to point out is when consumers buy clubs off the rack, or get a "custom fitting" where the golfer gets his clubs built to his/her specifications, they may not be the proper specs due to manufacturing tolerances, etc. And lie boards seem to do exactly that "lie". A lie board is usually a thick 9" by 12" sheet of plastic a 1/2" thick. I'm not trying to say golf club fitters are terrible. They aren't. All I'm saying is a custom-build is better than a custom-fit.  When I was fit for my Exotics clubs 2 winters ago, my fitter doesn't write say 2° upright or 1° flat. He actually takes the time to write the lie angle for all irons fitted for the set. Tour Edge is actually really good about custom builds if you're willing to wait a few extra days for the custom department to build your clubs.  As far as shaft flex is concerned, the closest thing to standard that there is would be the FCM chart. And shafts can be frequency matched. It's actually a relatively simple process of taking an uncut shaft and placing it on a frequency oscillator and matching the numbers. My point is when you purchase mass produced golf clubs, your "standard" specs of lie, loft, swingweight, shaft flex, total club weight, face angle, etc. May be and probably are slightly off of their stated specs. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Dan42nepa
      Dan42nepa
      (63 years old)
    2. James Dalton
      James Dalton
      (78 years old)
    3. JMHARDING
      JMHARDING
      (29 years old)
    4. mwh1023
      mwh1023
      (52 years old)
    5. Skeesh
      Skeesh
      (47 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...