IGNORED

2015 Wyndham Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3156 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Remove Gore's 2 bogeys and he is in the lead. If Casey had 2 more birdies he'd be in the lead. I'm rooting for Davis.

Lol, okay. Fine. Continue to act like a TRIPLE BOGEY is normal for a professional, and not a fluke hole. Continue to pretend he didn't birdie three holes in a row.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's okay Tiger. You're still #1 in my heart. Make this putt just because, though.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Lol, okay. Fine. Continue to act like a TRIPLE BOGEY is normal for a professional, and not a fluke hole. Continue to pretend he didn't birdie three holes in a row.

Haha.

Maybe I should pretend that Davis didn't birdie 4 in a row and then eagle the next.

Dude come on. If Davis had a couple of those birdie puts back. He would have finished at -19 instead of -17. This is a fun game, your turn.

Which is more likely, a pro tripling a hole or birding it?

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Remove Gore's 2 bogeys and he is in the lead.

If Casey had 2 more birdies he'd be in the lead.

I'm rooting for Davis.

If you took away all of Pettersson's bogies for the last two rounds, he would have the lead at -20.

Dude come on. If Davis had a couple of those birdie puts back. He would have finished at -19 instead of -17. This is a fun game, your turn.

Yep golf is a fun game.

Looks like Davis has got this one.

As an aside,well done to David Horsey of England after winning the Danish Open on the European tour.

Incredible crowds in Copenhagen this week.

Tiger didn't win, but we sure got a good story out of the Wyndham.
  • Upvote 1

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Congrats DL-III!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

So if Eldrick would have chipped in on #11, would he have beaten DLIII in a playoff?

Even if he'd chipped in he wouldn't have made a play off.

I would've loved to see that play off though!

Happy for DL3, pretty historic win, even in a weak field. Would have been more historically significant for Tiger to get his 80th on the same course Snead did. But, I'll take it. Tiger not ready to win yet. This round will do some damage to his confidence; to fade in a field such as this must be baffling to him. I do believe he will win again, probably a couple times, in 2nd tier events. He'll start entering them more frequently to try to get to 83.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

That would have been 4 less strokes (birdie vs. a triple bogey), and that wouldv'e put him at -17.

True but I doubt he'd have had those 4 birdies coming in if he was still in contention. He loosened up once he realized he was out of it, at least in my opinion.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Well, let's just say everything else would've remained the same.

I think it would've went to the 7th playoff hole, and then DL3 would've just been a little too tired to continue because he ran out of snack bars, and then he would've withdrawn.

Which is more likely, a pro tripling a hole or birding it?

If that pro is Tiger, I'd give it almost an even chance.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Note: This thread is 3156 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!