IGNORED

Trackman Combine

Lihu
Note: This thread is 2430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Dave2512 said:

It doesn't sound like you edited your rounds or if you did your looking at them seems to be brief at best. I won't say it's impossible to forget a shot but there are clues everywhere in the editing process. If I miss a tag every other tag on that hole gives me an idea of what I did and it detects shots and sometimes suggests what club may have been used based on the yardage between tags.

Can't speak for anyone else but I usually have to delete a shot (tag) not add one. A lot of double taps standing around on tee boxes waiting. I would seriously consider giving it another go because three rounds or whatever you tried won't even establish a pattern. It's an entire season of Trackman Combine type data if you use it every round. It's showing you the same stuff for every round, but you get more than a TC score you are looking at your actual shots and being able to see how it affected your round. 

One thing GG did for me was being able to enter challenges helped me focus. You mentioned having a purpose tends to help you work towards things. When I joined the GIR Is King challenge I was definitely more deliberate with my approach shots. Not that I shouldn't be anyway but I wanted to be near the top with the leaders. And I was and the result of increased focus was through that challenge my GIR % was 7% better than my season average. I also made more birdies than usual. That's huge for me.

I never edit my rounds once the score is entered correctly. If the SW can't track things correctly, I stop using it and go to the old fashioned way until I can catch up with entering scores when waiting at a hole or something or finish the round by pencil and scorecard then enter it later. Sometimes need to verify the strokes with partners, but usually keep track what everyone is doing on each hole pretty well. Unless they are a double bogey golfer, then I kind of lose track after 4 strokes off the green.

When I start to plateau in distance and setup it will make more sense for me to use tools like these when I stop improving. At this point most of my errors happen closer to the hole anyway. I was thinking about our interaction here as I double bogeyed a hole two times today from inside 35 yards. Took one shot to get there, and 4 more to get in. GG is not going to tell me a lot about what to do there. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
On December 10, 2015 at 8:39 PM, Lihu said:

I never edit my rounds once the score is entered correctly. If the SW can't track things correctly, I stop using it and go to the old fashioned way until I can catch up with entering scores when waiting at a hole or something or finish the round by pencil and scorecard then enter it later. Sometimes need to verify the strokes with partners, but usually keep track what everyone is doing on each hole pretty well. Unless they are a double bogey golfer, then I kind of lose track after 4 strokes off the green.

When I start to plateau in distance and setup it will make more sense for me to use tools like these when I stop improving. At this point most of my errors happen closer to the hole anyway. I was thinking about our interaction here as I double bogeyed a hole two times today from inside 35 yards. Took one shot to get there, and 4 more to get in. GG is not going to tell me a lot about what to do there. . .

@Lihu, I think you'd benefit tremendously from getting a GAME GOLF unit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

18 minutes ago, iacas said:

@Lihu, I think you'd benefit tremendously from getting a GAME GOLF unit.

You are very likely correct, and I have to admit it looks really good, when browsing through all the data in the site.

Suppose, I should really try another unit. Maybe the one my friend has was defective? I still find it difficult to fork over $150 or $300 just to try something like this again. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

4 minutes ago, Lihu said:

You are very likely correct, and I have to admit it looks really good, when browsing through all the data in the site.

Suppose, I should really try another unit. Maybe the one my friend has was defective? I still find it difficult to fork over $150 or $300 just to try something like this again. . .

If you purchase the unit at a normal golf retailer I would assume they have a period in which you can return the product if you don't like it. If you wanted the system it would cost you $150 anyways, but if you can return it should you not like it it seems like a sensible thing, provided you are interested enough in the functionality of the product in the first place.

Just now, Pretzel said:

If you purchase the unit at a normal golf retailer I would assume they have a period in which you can return the product if you don't like it. If you wanted the system it would cost you $150 anyways, but if you can return it should you not like it it seems like a sensible thing, provided you are interested enough in the functionality of the product in the first place.

Golfsmith, Dick's and Roger Dunn do not allow returns on opened "electronics goods". If I use it, I can't return it. I am looking for my coupons for Dick's (GG is not on the restrictions list), I think I have a $20 or $50 coupon which might make it a little more appealing. OTOH, I feel like it's taking funds away from taking this Trackman Combine. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Just now, Lihu said:

Golfsmith, Dick's and Roger Dunn do not allow returns on opened "electronics goods". If I use it, I can't return it. I am looking for my coupons for Dick's (GG is not on the restrictions list), I think I have a $20 or $50 coupon which might make it a little more appealing. OTOH, I feel like it's taking funds away from taking this Trackman Combine. . .

Ah, I didn't know that was their policy, my mistake.

1 minute ago, Pretzel said:

Ah, I didn't know that was their policy, my mistake.

Most places do allow returns, just these don't for some odd reason. . .

I just called Dick's, and they mentioned I might be able to demo one for a small fee from GG? Going to try that route as well. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Lihu said:

I have a FlightScope and can run a "combine" of my own any time.

And I never have, except the first time to see how it went.

You can't rent one.

Seriously, something like 50+ people here have them, use them, love them.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

I have a FlightScope and can run a "combine" of my own any time.

And I never have, except the first time to see how it went.

How did it go? Was it accurate in grading your skill level?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator
Just now, Lihu said:

How did it go? Was it accurate in grading your skill level?

Uhhhh… I own a FlightScope. Several, in fact. I ran it once and have never run it again, in several years. Put two and two together, here, man.

It's a waste of time and, for you, money.

Just now, iacas said:

Uhhhh… I own a FlightScope. Several, in fact. I ran it once and have never run it again, in several years. Put two and two together, here, man.

It's a waste of time and, for you, money.

Okay, I get it. ;-)

I'm digging for my coupons at Dick's to see if I can get one of these things cheap enough to stay under the wife radar. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

6 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

There is one on ebay for $117. A couple in the $120's.

Thanks.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

On 12/11/2015 at 3:28 PM, Dave2512 said:

There is one on ebay for $117. A couple in the $120's.

Flash sales - people here were posting $99 which I've seen, $59 refurbished.

But you can start right now and tag w/your smartphone, which is a PITA, but it's free.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

6 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Flash sales - people here were posting $99 which I've seen, $59 refurbished.

But you can start right now and tag w/your smartphone, which is a PITA, but it's free.

Thanks, I just figured out that you can use it without the NFC tags. Reviewing the limitations of this mode. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

On December 11, 2015 at 2:32 PM, Lihu said:

I've been using the free phone app just to get used to the software. It's not perfect, but it's very cool.

There is so much useful information. I don't know how accurate the gps on my phone is compared to that of the GG Device. But either way, it's better than guessing and trying to remember distances.

One other thing, the information I get from shots hit on the course seems much more relevant than assessing balls hit at the range. As a high capper, little of the feedback is surprising, but it is very humbling.

Jon

The GPS on my phone is not accurate any more when I use it with GolfLogix and Swing by Swing, so even with GolfLogix I only use it for scoring. What's funny is that for automobile navigation it appears to work okay enough?

If and when I do finally get GG, I'm hoping that it will actually help my game. I don't really know how, but it'll certainly be fun to see.

Interesting comment about the feedback being humbling. Dave stated that as well. Not sure what exact data is humbling that is not already reflected in your scores? If it's just distance, not sure that alone would help because distance depends upon wind, slope, temperature, current physical state, etc?

Not really sure how it would help other than some distance information or just "proving" how far or accurate you hit under certain conditions? Assuming you trust the person using the device. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

27 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Interesting comment about the feedback being humbling. Dave stated that as well. Not sure what exact data is humbling that is not already reflected in your scores? If it's just distance, not sure that alone would help because distance depends upon wind, slope, temperature, current physical state, etc?

Not really sure how it would help other than some distance information or just "proving" how far or accurate you hit under certain conditions? Assuming you trust the person using the device. . .

Week in and week out, my scores are consistently high. It's how and why they are that is so humbling. I've never been one to take stats so it's quite an eye-opener for me.

I can do this one week:

566cf64f935a8_ScreenShot2015-12-12at11.3

...and this the next:

566cf70433901_ScreenShot2015-12-12at11.4

There's a lot more to this app than distance (although that's pretty humbling for me as well), just as there's a lot more to scoring than distance.

This app should help most people work on their weaknesses - certainly better players. I've only used if for two rounds and even though these two rounds couldn't appear more different, there is one common issue that causes the most damage. It really shows up in the other sections.

I assume you've thoroughly checked out the website. If you don't think all the information this product provides is valuable, then you don't need it. Pretty simple.

Screen Shot 2015-12-12 at 11.36.58 PM.png

Jon

Note: This thread is 2430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!