IGNORED

Predict Your Handicap One Year From Now

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

29 members have voted

1. 1. One year from now my handicap will be....

• The same
    • Lower
    • Higher

You're too young to take on this attitude, there are plenty of older 10-12 handicaps around. . . I've seen quite a few golfers who are considered young when they are in their 60s. ;-) Just played one golfer in his 60s, and he's really flexible. He still drives quite nicely, although he played the "easier" tees to take some of the teeth out of the course? His game was definitely on except he claims that his drives were less than desirable, and I believe he can drive better than his already decent drives. Old is when you're 98 and pushing an IV around the course, and I nearly saw this too!

I played golf once with and 80 year old woman and she shot lower than her age.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Does .1 better count? I'm thinking on the trend I'm on I will be around an 8.5 or so August 28 of next year...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Lower because: 1) It's been steadily going down this year and, as @colin007 and @natureboy can attest to, my current irons I bought from a big box store nine years ago probably aren't as good as clubs that would be fitted for me that is made by a brand that most people on this board have heard of. 2) Getting an Edel putter would also help. My current putter is the one I got in the same box as my irons. 3) I expect I'll still be using Evolvr so, can't help but get better. 4) I feel as time goes on, I learn more about how to attack courses. I think it's realistic for me to get my HC down by another 10 from around the 25 it is now to 15.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

You're too young to take on this attitude, there are plenty of older 10-12 handicaps around. . . I've seen quite a few golfers who are considered young when they are in their 60s. ;-) Just played one golfer in his 60s, and he's really flexible. He still drives quite nicely, although he played the "easier" tees to take some of the teeth out of the course? His game was definitely on except he claims that his drives were less than desirable, and I believe he can drive better than his already decent drives. Old is when you're 98 and pushing an IV around the course, and I nearly saw this too!

[quote name="MyrtleBeachGolf" url="/t/84082/predict-your-handicap-one-year-from-now/30#post_1191585"] I played golf once with and 80 year old woman and she shot lower than her age.[/quote] I don't think those are valid comparisons. I'd ask, we're those scores there lifetime best? It's likely for most playing that well at those ages that they were really good when younger. I'm playing my best golf now. In addition, I have some pretty serious health issues and most 65 year olds are in better shape than me. I'm just happy to be alive. Me at 53 at 170 lbs. Me at 54 with leukemia, 135 lbs At 54 after chemo and bone marrow transplant

I'm playing my best golf now.

I hope for continued success for your game, and your continued enjoyment of this game and all the other great things in life. Best wishes. :-)

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I don't think those are valid comparisons. I'd ask, we're those scores there lifetime best? It's likely for most playing that well at those ages that they were really good when younger. I'm playing my best golf now. In addition, I have some pretty serious health issues and most 65 year olds are in better shape than me. I'm just happy to be alive. Me at 53 at 170 lbs. Me at 54 with leukemia, 135 lbs At 54 after chemo and bone marrow transplant

You are an inspiration sir. All the best and golf is great game for the soul and to be enjoyed. My own goals I have an ongoing medical condition very controllable but I need dietary changes and serious now about keeping in physical shape to swing now in my early 40's. I'm a 15.7 currently but I can definitely see my self dropping another 6 strokes. Most of which are from errors of judgement rather than swing errors. I would like to get down to a 12 by this time next year. In my mind I believe that but I think there's more but that's the fun potential is open ended.

• Upvote 1

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

I don't think those are valid comparisons. I'd ask, we're those scores there lifetime best? It's likely for most playing that well at those ages that they were really good when younger.

I'm playing my best golf now.

In addition, I have some pretty serious health issues and most 65 year olds are in better shape than me. I'm just happy to be alive.

Best of luck with your golf and your health.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I started the year at 11.5 and committed to working harder this year and not bailing out and doing the wrong thing because my old habits were easier. I struggled a bit and went up to 13.5 as a high before starting to go down. When the new handicaps post I will be a 9.5 and have had a number of long stretches during a round where I am even par or +/- 1. Those stretches are definite improvements. My scores are going lower, but more importantly my high scores are much lower than before. If I continue to work I feel that one year from now I can realistically be in the low 7s. My goal for this year was to get down to a low 8. I am 1 point away from that. However I tend to get nervous near the end of shooting a good score so I have closed with a couple of blow up holes that add 3-5 shots to my score. Overall it's the hardest I've worked on my game and it's paid off so far.

—Adam

Low single digits.

The last month and a half, I finally, fully committed to practicing the right way. I'd go through stretches where I'd follow the Five S's, but then I'd lose focus and just bash through buckets of balls. I don't do that anymore, and I've improved and changed so much quicker than before.

The range I'd like to be is 0 - 3 by the end of August 2016.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I'm hoping that by end of season my index will be around 19 and the goal for next year is 14.  I'm making great contact with the ball, now I just have to work on control.  My driver is finally coming around as is my short game.  If I can stop making mental mistakes and avoid the blow up holes I think 14 is possible next year.

Joe Paradiso

I'm hopeing below 14 in a year's time. My golf this year has improved significantly and I've dropped 5 shots this year so far. The problem I have is I'm running out of individual competitions before we move to non-qualifier yellows next month for the winter. In fact I think there are only 2 individual competitions left this year and for one of them I'm away running in a 10 mile race that day! But hopefully this time next year I'll be under 15 with a bit of hard work! Regards Mailman

Mailman

Lower. Currently 12.6  Took a 10 lesson pack this last winter, broke my swing and am now re-building a much better one.  My coach/pro uses the Golfing Machine system, but he also gave me the Lowest Score Wins book which got me to 5sk and the Sand Trap.  I have only been playing seriously for the last few years, but I have a somewhat slight OCD personality and will continue to work on my game.  I realistically believe I will be between 9 and 10 HC by next August.

In my bag: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5º driver ;  Cobra Bio Cell 3w;  Mizuno MP H4 3 - PW;  Mizuno MP T4 52º GW, 56º SW, 60º LW
Favorite ball Titleist Pro-V
One HIO....LUCK.

Ok.. I'm finally ready to predict! Right now I'm about a 30 HCP on GG In one year I will be a 15 or better! I have to.... Period!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I'm a little jealous of you guys in the 20ish range, I think getting at or below 5 is within reach but I do need to make a few changes with my equipment in the near future to help this happen (new irons).

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I'm a little jealous of you guys in the 20ish range, I think getting at or below 5 is within reach but I do need to make a few changes with my equipment in the near future to help this happen (new irons).

I'm in a similar situation, I've played the best golf of my life over the last few years, even as I approach 60 years old.  I don't see much chance that I'll get a whole lot better, mostly because I doubt that I'll ever dedicate the time and effort that I know it would take.  On one hand, I do envy higher handicaps a little, that are still in the improving stage.  On the other hand, I bet they envy the low-handicap players for how well we play right now.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Note: This thread is 2771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!