IGNORED

What Introverted Really Means

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Introvert here.  The thing is that introversion/extroversion is more of a scale than just one thing or another.  Everybody just lands on a different point on the scale.  I can be very social and very extroverted around a group of people I know well, but when I'm in a group I don't know very well or if the group doesn't hold my interest then I zone out and prefer to be in my own mind or to be alone. Has anybody hear hear of the Myers-Briggs personality stuff?  I find it very interesting.

Same here. I lose interest in groups quickly if the talk is purely superficial. I like deep conversation with just a few people atva time. I am INFP on the Meyers-Briggs. I have found it to be pretty accurate.

- Mark

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by westcyderydin

Introvert here.

The thing is that introversion/extroversion is more of a scale than just one thing or another.  Everybody just lands on a different point on the scale.  I can be very social and very extroverted around a group of people I know well, but when I'm in a group I don't know very well or if the group doesn't hold my interest then I zone out and prefer to be in my own mind or to be alone.

Has anybody hear hear of the Myers-Briggs personality stuff?  I find it very interesting.

Same here. I lose interest in groups quickly if the talk is purely superficial. I like deep conversation with just a few people atva time.

I am INFP on the Meyers-Briggs. I have found it to be pretty accurate.

Just took this one .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Introvert here.

The thing is that introversion/extroversion is more of a scale than just one thing or another.  Everybody just lands on a different point on the scale.  I can be very social and very extroverted around a group of people I know well, but when I'm in a group I don't know very well or if the group doesn't hold my interest then I zone out and prefer to be in my own mind or to be alone.

Has anybody hear hear of the Myers-Briggs personality stuff?  I find it very interesting.

I'm the same way around friends/family vs. strangers.  Growing up, we were always taught that children should never speak unless you are spoken to.  Well, I'm far from being a child, but old habits die hard and I have a hard time meeting/introducing myself to new people.  I have several friends that can walk up to anyone and start a conversation.

DJ

Follow me at Game Golf Profile: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71 

I am a introvert, and the older I get the more introverted I become. I carry a book (ebook) because I love reading!

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braivo

Quote:

Originally Posted by westcyderydin

Introvert here.

Same here. I lose interest in groups quickly if the talk is purely superficial. I like deep conversation with just a few people atva time.

I am INFP on the Meyers-Briggs. I have found it to be pretty accurate.

Just took this one.

ENTJ, and the best fields for me to get into are business management, law and engineering . How about that?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I did twice, both times, as part of company team building exercise.  1st one, I don't remember other than I was doing the right job (I was a SW eng).   2nd time, my result had split personality - more extrovert than before b/c by this time, I have been in management for a while.

Being an introvert means never signing up for a forum organized golf tournament where you have to play with total strangers you pissed off in forum discussions. :-\

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

It says I'm: ENTP Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving Pretty good assessment, me thinks.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

If you are indeed an introvert, by definition shouldn't you be NOT on a forum? (Yes that's a double negative, but this is one of the rare times it is actually more accurate than not using a double negative)

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator

If you are indeed an introvert, by definition shouldn't you be NOT on a forum?

No. That's not the definition of an introvert. In fact, many introverts find it much easier to express themselves online or via the written word rather than on-their-feet, verbally.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No. That's not the definition of an introvert. In fact, many introverts find it much easier to express themselves online or via the written word rather than on-their-feet, verbally.

Agreed.  Funny that I am an ENTJ because I can switch to introvert as well.  I can either feed off energy or create energy, I love both being outward as well as taking time for introspection.  My Friday nights are usually smoking a cigar with a nice Scotch and contemplating the week and what lay ahead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yukari

If you are indeed an introvert, by definition shouldn't you be NOT on a forum?

No. That's not the definition of an introvert. In fact, many introverts find it much easier to express themselves online or via the written word rather than on-their-feet, verbally.

I think that's what @Yukari meant.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

No. That's not the definition of an introvert. In fact, many introverts find it much easier to express themselves online or via the written word rather than on-their-feet, verbally.

Exactly. Just got home from the TST outing. Had a great time with the guys, but being an introvert I found myself needing breaks from the conversation and banter. I don't feel the same way online.

- Mark

Introverts are growing in numbers because more and more people are finding out many so called friends aren't really friends in the old sense of the word. The better more modern word is acquaintances. When the chips are down people find out if they have any so called friends.

Introverts are growing in numbers because more and more people are finding out many so called friends aren't really friends in the old sense of the word. The better more modern word is acquaintances. When the chips are down people find out if they have any so called friends.

Being slighted by so called friends has nothing to do with introverts. You can be an extrovert and still not trust people after being hurt by your friends.

Introversion and extroversion are aspects of personality coined by Carl Jung in the early 20th century. Since then, they’re often included as parts of personality scales like the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. Shyness and being outgoing don’t have anything to do with it; it’s more about where we get our energy from. In fact, the differences are pretty simple:

Introverts get exhausted by social interaction and need solitude to recharge.

Extroverts get anxious when left alone and get energy from social interaction.

That’s it. There’s nothing about shyness, being a homebody, or how adventurous you are. Both types can be social, both can creative, both can be leaders, and so on.

Originally Posted by iacas

I agree. Though I find it hard to classify myself an introvert because I really don't get drained by being around people. Maybe I just don't do enough opportunities being in large groups to compare to having alone time.

I do think Introverts tend towards online because they can interact and not feel drained by it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Being slighted by so called friends has nothing to do with introverts. You can be an extrovert and still not trust people after being hurt by your friends.

I agree. Though I find it hard to classify myself an introvert because I really don't get drained by being around people. Maybe I just don't do enough opportunities being in large groups to compare to having alone time.

I do think Introverts tend towards online because they can interact and not feel drained by it.

So you say you can't be a introvert and be slighted by friends but you can be a extrovert  and still not trust people hum. I think you have a problem thinking things out. I really have no interest in what else you have to say about this.

Note: This thread is 3132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!