• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • Yeah you're right, I'm definitely past my second haha! What I meant was it is my first submission since figuring out the pump drill and not specifically asking for clarification. If that makes any sense!
    • Matt, two quick things: One of the points of the "right elbow thing" is that you're supposed to feel that you stop when the right forearm goes above horizontal. See the image below. To make a big enough backswing with the arm swing stopping at point one, you're required to turn quite a bit. You can turn a bit more, hinge a bit more, but your backswing should stop here or you're failing at the first bullet point as your forearm is going above horizontal here, and yet your swing continues on and even seems to accelerate past this point. Tough love segment: at the end of the day, shortening the swing is big for you because your arms run on too long and then your path and contact get wonky. You've got a bunch of tools to help you shorten the swing, but you have to actually do them. This isn't "doing them:"
    • Sometimes the way out may be backwards toward the fairway. If you think about shot zones, that may be the best place, no grey or black area.
    • I don't understand what you're saying. He's swinging one of them like this: and the other like this: It's not the best demonstration because he's still turning his shoulders back in the second one, but it's clearly about more than just the difference in the radius. Acceleration is entirely relevant, because your calculation has to take into account the acceleration of the clubhead. Given the time and radius, sure you can figure out the distance the clubhead travels and ballpark a clubhead speed… but you absolutely need to realize and account for the fact that the speed is changing (and non-linearly) over that time period and distance. This clubhead is traveling more than 210" and the radius from the left shoulder to the clubhead is nowhere near 67": What? Dude. All you've done there is take the distance traveled (210.5") and divide it by the time (0.125 seconds)… which assumes a constant velocity. You've literally taken a distance and divided it by a time, which will give you an average speed, and you're concluding it's the final speed. Then the rest of your math "builds" on that faulty bit. You don't know the final velocity OR the acceleration rate, so you can't solve for the other one, and you're assuming acceleration is linear (it's not) and that the clubhead travels only half of the arc (it travels much more for most golfers, while the left arm travels less). So please, let's stop with the faux/faulty math.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Allan Hazelrigg
      Allan Hazelrigg
      (71 years old)
    2. Chrilkm
      Chrilkm
      (18 years old)
    3. electech
      electech
      (66 years old)
    4. MilitaryTeeTime
      MilitaryTeeTime
      (54 years old)
    5. Raymer
      Raymer
      (61 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...