• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • My thoughts are that, for most people, change is uncomfortable. They like what they're used to and new things are scary. I think that making new friends is a very good thing. It gets you out of your shell, helps keep you sharp and forces you to add a bit more to the group and not just coast along in comfort. I don't see why you couldn't still go play with the old group once in a while but maybe it's time to embrace something new?
    • I bet if Pfizer made the yearly flu vaccine, it wouldn't be as good as COVID vaccine. It has more to do with that the typical flu is a dumbed down version of the original, and we have no clue what strand we will get. 
    • 30-45° is good. Turn back too far and you won't get back far enough on the downswing.
    • Hi, is there a preferred amount of hip rotation in the backswing? I have been taught 45 degrees (and then another 45 degrees in shoulder turn => 90 degrees in total), but I can't really see why.  I guess there may be a risk getting the club too far behind you, but otherwise? I experimented a bit, and I can do more than 45, in spite of my age   And it makes it easier to get inside-out and avoid over-the-top. But maybe that's correcting a fault with another?
    • I still have the clubhead speed to hit a 3 iron cleanly, but it isn't as consistent as I want it to be.  I have now dropped the 3 and 4 iron and replaced them with a 4 hybrid.  There is a bit of a gap between my 4 hybrid and 5 iron, but overall I am happier.  Another of my regular four ball has a 7 wood, and finds it to be his most consistent club and gets him out of troublesome lies. You have definitely done a good thing.  Though dropping the hybrid is more debatable, but if the wood is more consistent, go with it
  • Today's Birthdays

1. CarlOwen
      CarlOwen
      (43 years old)
    2. drinko2000
      drinko2000
      (44 years old)
    3. junivivecreamfr
      junivivecreamfr
      (33 years old)
    4. Keany
      Keany
      (24 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...