IGNORED

Your 150 yd Club

Costanza1980
Note: This thread is 3115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What club do you hit for 150 yds?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What club do you hit for 150 yds?

• 5 iron
    • 6 iron
    • 7 iron
    • 8 iron
    • 9 iron
    • PW
    • fairway wood/hybrid

Is generally my 9 iron but lately it's been my 5 iron....

There's a story in there ...

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Poll added.

8 iron is my 150 club, unless I'm playing in Arizona ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Poll added.

8 iron is my 150 club, unless I'm playing in Arizona

I was kinda shocked in how much farther the ball travels in the AZ.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I was kinda shocked in how much farther the ball travels in the AZ.

Try playing in Denver, or higher!

I never wanna play at sea level, I won't have any idea on what clubs to use!  I'll try hitting my 7 iron from 175 out and leave it 20 yards short...

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

When I first started seriously playing 2 years ago it was probably a 5i but now it's a comfortable 7i. It's funny how I probably swing sooooo much easier now than I did then and am getting 20 more yards give or take throughout the bag.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

Whomever did the poll forgot the potential for someone to hit a Fairway wood... From 150 yards.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Whomever did the poll forgot the potential for someone to hit a Fairway wood... From 150 yards.

Seriously, my wife hits 3-wood from 150, and a friend of mine hits like an 11-wood

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Pin in the back/lots of water or other hazards around the green= pitching wedge

Pin in the front a knock down 9

Also depends if I'm trying to hit a draw/cut

Seriously, my wife hits 3-wood from 150, and a friend of mine hits like an 11-wood

And I'm sure there are golfers that hit their driver 150 and others that hit their gap wedge 150. The poll is fine and we're not going to start over. Most votes are with clubs you would expect, with mid-short irons.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

With the G30 irons my 150yd club was a stock 9 iron. Ive just now recently switched back to I25 irons and I have to make good contact with my 8 iron to get it out to 150. Im thinking about sending them back in to get the lofts adjusted because the rest of my bag was set up to the gapping of the G30 irons.

And I'm sure there are golfers that hit their driver 150 and others that hit their gap wedge 150. The poll is fine and we're not going to start over. Most votes are with clubs you would expect, with mid-short irons.

It's two drivers for my son - why isn't that on the poll??? Come on man! ;)

• Upvote 1

In honor of Monday Night Football "C'mon man!!!"... Mike, I'm not saying start over, I'm just saying, the OP could have put Fairway wood/Hybrid instead of just hybrid and then just an other at the bottom... Not trying to be mean...just saying "C'mon, man"

What's in Shane's Bag?     

This is why we can't have nice things.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

9 iron for me unless the pin is at the very front of the green with water or some other kind of trouble short

What's in the bag:
Taylormade R15 
Callaway X2Hot pro 3W
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50,54, and 58 degree wedges
Taylormade White Smoke putter

9 iron.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 3115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!