IGNORED

Bringing Drinks/Coolers on to the Course

colin007
Note: This thread is 1317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

28 members have voted

1. 1. Bringing outside alcohol on the course -

• Sure, i have no problem bringing a few brewskies from home to the course, i dont want to pay $5 for the beer and still have to tip the girl
    • Nope, i wouldnt do it because its taking revenue from the course. dont be a cheapskate.

Yeah but how likely are you to heat stroke out while watching a movie or ball game. The liquor banning seems reasonable but I can't think of a good reason for a business to ban plain old water.

I used to work a few raves back in the day. Many of them would turn off the cold water lines in the venue so the tweaked out kids would have to buy bottled water at $7 a bottle or drink hot water from the taps.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used to work a few raves back in the day. Many of them would turn off the cold water lines in the venue so the tweaked out kids would have to buy bottled water at $7 a bottle or drink hot water from the taps.

That's just a greedy ******* promoter waiting to go to jail when someone dies.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 2.0
3W:  Nike VRS Covert
3H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
4H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
5-AW:  Nike  VRS-X
SW:  Nike VRS Covert
LW:  Nike VRS X3X 60*
Putter:  Nike Method MC-3i

I want to welcome all the posters who has been posting on Taking Range Balls thread (now closed).  Please continue here. :-P .

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

The law is pretty clear here in CA that bringing outside alcohol is illegal, I had to have one group removed from the course for this but to be honest if they didn't cut in front of the group in front of them I probably wouldn't have noticed. I don't see a problem with bringing water or snacks.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Played a municipal course I had never played before on Saturday and saw this sign posted on the walk from the parking lot to the clubhouse, another one at the 1st tee, a third at the 10th tee, and a few other places on the course. I wonder if they're trying to tell people something, haha.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I'm pretty sure they don't allow you to bring in your own water at movie theaters or sporting stadiums.

I'm pretty sure the building code requires drinking fountains in public buildings. The two courses I play most both have water on the course. Probably three or four spots on each course. Pretty typical water cooler in a locked wooden box, cheap paper cups. Maybe I am spoiled.

Just had a tourney bring their own jello shots and bloody mary's.  They had a massive cooler with the mixers, we didn't see the alcohol, so must've been in cooler under ice.  We lost a few hundred dollars worth of sales because of it. We did have a beverage cart out and no one bought anything.  We do have a sign saying no outside liquor and so on but the manager doesn't know whether we can legally check through coolers here for liquor.  When I worked at a city course in Chicago, I, daily, confiscated beer people brought in coolers, because we can legally check coolers, not bags.  We don't keep it, obviously.  We'll give it back after the round.  I also confiscated beer from minors multiple times, of which I did not give back.

• Upvote 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Just had a tourney bring their own jello shots and bloody mary's.  They had a massive cooler with the mixers, we didn't see the alcohol, so must've been in cooler under ice.  We lost a few hundred dollars worth of sales because of it. We did have a beverage cart out and no one bought anything.  We do have a sign saying no outside liquor and so on but the manager doesn't know whether we can legally check through coolers here for liquor.  When I worked at a city course in Chicago, I, daily, confiscated beer people brought in coolers, because we can legally check coolers, not bags.  We don't keep it, obviously.  We'll give it back after the round.  I also confiscated beer from minors multiple times, of which I did not give back.

BOOOO!!!! HISSSS!!!!

Colin P.

I think all Alcoholic beverages should be banned from golf courses....

I hate having to play behind the drunk bros and seeing all the trash cans full of beers.

Why do you need to drink on the golf course??  I love beer and enjoy it, just don't see the reason for it on the course.  Save it for the bar after the round.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

I think all Alcoholic beverages should be banned from golf courses....    I hate having to play behind the drunk bros and seeing all the trash cans full of beers.    Why do you need to drink on the golf course??  I love beer and enjoy it, just don't see the reason for it on the course.  Save it for the bar after the round.

I would think if they're keeping a reasonable pace and putting their beer cans in the trash can, you should probably just chill out and mind your own game, no?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Why do you need to drink on the golf course??  I love beer and enjoy it, just don't see the reason for it on the course.  Save it for the bar after the round.

I do need to drink on the course, it keeps the young ladies around delivering and makes everyone else a bit more interesting.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I found a beer in the middle of the fairway last week. Was cold. I looked for the owner. Was not open, so I assumed it was not in play. Was gone shortly. Not sure if this is covered in the Rules of Golf. Did not want to be guilty of alcohol abuse, leaving a beer unattended.

• Upvote 1

I would think if they're keeping a reasonable pace and putting their beer cans in the trash can, you should probably just chill out and mind your own game, no?

What is the reason you need to drink on the golf course??

Do you have to drink at every activity you do?  Seems odd that people have to drink during a 4 hour round of golf...

Tony  

What is the reason you need to drink on the golf course??

Do you have to drink at every activity you do?  Seems odd that people have to drink during a 4 hour round of golf...

Since you're from Colorado I'm curious if you expect people not to smoke pot or eat edibles on the course as well?

Joe Paradiso

Since you're from Colorado I'm curious if you expect people not to smoke pot or eat edibles on the course as well?

Considering the fact that it is illegal to smoke/consume marijuana or THC products in public, I do expect people not to do those things on the golf course.

For me consuming alcohol on the course is fine as long as they clean up after themselves and don't make a scene of it. I don't care what you do in that department, it doesn't affect me.

This is actually illegal so yes it would be expected people aren't out there blazing away. Honestly I rarely see it and only a Cheech and Chong type would do edibles and golf. Even the lose dose edibles knock you down. Thinking about it I rarely smell or see people smoking pot anywhere, it's not the crazy town full of weed smokers the conservative media wants people to believe.

Dave :-)

This is actually illegal so yes it would be expected people aren't out there blazing away. Honestly I rarely see it and only a Cheech and Chong type would do edibles and golf. Even the lose dose edibles knock you down. Thinking about it I rarely smell or see people smoking pot anywhere, it's not the crazy town full of weed smokers the conservative media wants people to believe.

Yup.  Just because pot is legal doesn't mean people can smoke in public in Colorado.    But I have seen people openly smoking a J during a round.  I would prefer if they didn't but I am not going to confront them over it.

I just don't see the reason why people need to drink (or smoke) on the course.  I am there to play a sport, not to drink.   I hate it when people say they like golf and then just talk about how many beers they had last round...

Tony  

Note: This thread is 1317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!