IGNORED

Bringing Drinks/Coolers on to the Course

colin007
Note: This thread is 1316 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

28 members have voted

1. 1. Bringing outside alcohol on the course -

• Sure, i have no problem bringing a few brewskies from home to the course, i dont want to pay $5 for the beer and still have to tip the girl
    • Nope, i wouldnt do it because its taking revenue from the course. dont be a cheapskate.

On 9/14/2015 at 7:49 AM, Dave2512 said:

I've never seen any hippie looking people at dispensaries...

That's because hippies still grow their own...

The first time I went to a dispensary here in WA state it was a bit of a shock.  The only customer in the store was wearing a suit and tie.  Mind you, I was only there to see what it was like, as an observer.

40 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Mind you, I was only there to see what it was like, as an observer.

Suuuuure you were.... 🙂

arnold schwarzenegger smoking GIF

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, colin007 said:

Suuuuure you were.... 🙂

arnold schwarzenegger smoking GIF

Actually it's a funny story.  A buddy was up from California to play some golf.  He wanted to check out one of the dispensaries in town because pot was still illegal in California.  Washington had just made it legal.  So he dropped some money on a baggie.  He was warned he could not take it out of state and could only smoke it here.  Of course, Larry being Larry, claimed he knew his way around legal matters.  When I took him to the airport to catch his flight home he put the weed in his sock.  Sure fire technique.  Well, he was immediately busted.  They let him take his flight but confiscated the weed.

On 9/12/2020 at 8:46 PM, StuM said:

I had to vote “Yes” because I have done it.  It is a faints most course rules and I know I am breaking that rule.  When I do it I do not stock my bag with s six pack, usually 1 or 2 beers.

i do not do it all of the time and will buy from the cart, if it comes buy.

2 hours ago, Ccred1992 said:

I bring a cooler every time. Most of the time I buy beer from the club and replenish with my own when needed. My F&B  bill each month is a fair amount so the club is better off when I am there. 

So you two guys won't mind if the golf club loses its liquor license?

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 minute ago, DaveP043 said:

If the course loses its liquor license then you have no choice but to bring your own.  😀  Heck, the course has push carts and clubs to rent, but I bring my own.  I know, not the same thing...

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Actually it's a funny story.  A buddy was up from California to play some golf.  He wanted to check out one of the dispensaries in town because pot was still illegal in California.  Washington had just made it legal.  So he dropped some money on a baggie.  He was warned he could not take it out of state and could only smoke it here.  Of course, Larry being Larry, claimed he knew his way around legal matters.  When I took him to the airport to catch his flight home he put the weed in his sock.  Sure fire technique.  Well, he was immediately busted.  They let him take his flight but confiscated the weed.

Lol lol lol...honestly his best bet would've been putting it in his checked luggage

Colin P.

3 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

FYI. @ 48% voted the same as us. I do not think the pole was intended to call people out.  

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, StuM said:

FYI. @ 48% voted the same as us. I do not think the pole was intended to call people out.  

You posted in the topic. He didn't just cite your vote in a poll.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

You posted in the topic. He didn't just cite your vote in a poll.

True, and others posted similar comments that they have done it, not just us two.  That is all there is to my point.

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Once in a while I will get a beer from the cart, but mostly I drink water, electrolyte drinks and have Clif Bars. This is a holdover from my bike racing days. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 hours ago, StuM said:

9 hours ago, StuM said:

True, and others posted similar comments that they have done it, not just us two.  That is all there is to my point.

You two are the only ones who have responded that way since 2015, that's why I didn't include the others in my post.  I was primarily agreeing with the post by @Cartgirl123 when she revived this old thread, explaining quite clearly why bringing your own beer was a bad idea, and using your posts to help make that clear.  Lots of people do what you two do, feeling completely justified because beer form the bev cart is "so expensive", or because they already spend enough at the club.  Yet you're keeping money away from the club, keeping money away from the bev cart operator, and exposing the golf club to significant risks.  Sure, if its just one person its not significant.  If its really 48%, as the poll suggests, that's a significant issue.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I don't drink.   I do bring an Arnold Palmer with me to the course with some almonds for a mid-round snack because many of the courses I play don't have a beverage cart.    We always stop afterwards for a beverage.     I wouldn't be surprised if this was the norm except at private/semi-private courses.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

19 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

If it's the typical food at the turn it's fried this, burger that, etc.  You can stop counting calories after 500...

Yeah, i'm currently trying to keep my daily calories at 2500/day and eat roughly 40g worth of protein 5-6 times a dayso a 500-1k calorie meal hinders my ability to do that.  

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

5 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

You two are the only ones who have responded that way since 2015, that's why I didn't include the others in my post.  I was primarily agreeing with the post by @Cartgirl123 when she revived this old thread, explaining quite clearly why bringing your own beer was a bad idea, and using your posts to help make that clear.  Lots of people do what you two do, feeling completely justified because beer form the bev cart is "so expensive", or because they already spend enough at the club.  Yet you're keeping money away from the club, keeping money away from the bev cart operator, and exposing the golf club to significant risks.  Sure, if its just one person its not significant.  If its really 48%, as the poll suggests, that's a significant issue.

NP, I read the older posts but did not pay attention to the dates.  I guess i was feeling a little guilty when I answered, but wanted to answer honestly and I guess that is why I responded as I did to your post.

I never expect the beers at the course to cost the same as at a carry out, cash is not the issue.  I usually tip the carts very well even with the higher price drinks.  When I've carried it is mostly for convenience and usually it is a water or Gatorade on a real hot day, beer would be only occasional.  Still, if I feel guilty then I guess I should just not do it.

• Like 1

Stuart M.

I didn't answer the poll as neither option applies for me. I brought enough beer onto the local courses, and consumed in my youth, to float a good size naval expedition. Currently, here under Washington state law, where a course is licensed to sell alcohol the whole course is considered a "licensed premises" - making it illegal to bring your outside purchased alcohol onto the course. That's OK with me. I'm just as happy purchasing the beer or two I might have after a round from the golf course and if they charge me a few bucks more I'm just glad they're still open.

I absolutely would care if they lost the license.  But that’s not going to happen.  As the poll results state it is a common practice and I have never heard of a course losing its license. 

our opinions are different.  I am sure we will both survive. 

:ping:    Driver, 3 wood  G410 Plus  G 700 irons  :cleveland:  CBX 50-54-56  :scotty_cameron: Squareback   Gigem

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Ccred1992 said:

I absolutely would care if they lost the license.  But that’s not going to happen.  As the poll results state it is a common practice and I have never heard of a course losing its license.

I’ve seen it happen, and it’s the law.

6 hours ago, Ccred1992 said:

our opinions are different.  I am sure we will both survive. 

Goes without saying but when you say out that way it’s far more aggressive than not saying it, man.

And the laws aren’t opinion, even if you justify it by saying “never seen it happen” or whatever.

It’s just a discussion.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1316 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!