IGNORED

My Swing (cutchemist42)

cutchemist42
Note: This thread is 1994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 4 months

My current handicap index or average score is: 22.8 (RCGA-calculated by Golfshot so not sure if accurate or not)

My typical ball flight is: Driver is pretty straight with slight fade at the end, with my big misses being extreme fades out-of-bounds. Those big misses happen about 1/7 tee shots. Used to be a really bad hook/pull until someone told me to imagine a glove in my armpit. Iron shot is pretty straight with no noticeable tendencies. (Eyesight is bad so sometimes dont notice big flight shapes in iron shots)

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: The out-of-bounds driver fade. Also the occasional fat shot. (Dont hit it thin ever, at least it doesnt feel like it to me)

Videos:

At work so cant post more until I get home as it uploads from my phone on WiFi. I also apologize for the amount of light. I will make a better video in a few days when Im playing earlier in the evening. Filmed this my Galaxy on the GorillaPod tripod attached to my bag.

I started playing 4 months ago, and this is the very first time I've seen my swing, and Im kinda shocked at how it looks. I really thought I brought my club back more on the backswing, and thought my legs were a little more still.

Look forward to continuing to post in here, and also would recommend the GorillaPod tripod if anyone is looking for options. Only got about 1 more month of golf sadly, but its been a fun Summer getting into the sport!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey bro, I have to be honest, I've seen far worse swings on guys who have been playing for twenty plus years... You're right, the swing is awfully short, and there's a lot of "play" in your lower body. I'd love to see a down the line view, but for now you appear to have a pretty steady had and decent weight shift to the target....I can say for sure but your hands might be getting too "deep"? Can't tell without a DTL view...

Colin P.

I've been Playing Golf for:​ 4 months

My current handicap index or average score is: 22.8 (RCGA-calculated by Golfshot so not sure if accurate or not)

My typical ball flight is: Driver is pretty straight with slight fade at the end, with my big misses being extreme fades out-of-bounds. Those big misses happen about 1/7 tee shots. Used to be a really bad hook/pull until someone told me to imagine a glove in my armpit. Iron shot is pretty straight with no noticeable tendencies. (Eyesight is bad so sometimes dont notice big flight shapes in iron shots)

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: The out-of-bounds driver fade. Also the occasional fat shot. (Dont hit it thin ever, at least it doesnt feel like it to me)

Videos:

At work so cant post more until I get home as it uploads from my phone on WiFi. I also apologize for the amount of light. I will make a better video in a few days when Im playing earlier in the evening. Filmed this my Galaxy on the GorillaPod tripod attached to my bag.

I started playing 4 months ago, and this is the very first time I've seen my swing, and Im kinda shocked at how it looks. I really thought I brought my club back more on the backswing, and thought my legs were a little more still.

Look forward to continuing to post in here, and also would recommend the GorillaPod tripod if anyone is looking for options. Only got about 1 more month of golf sadly, but its been a fun Summer getting into the sport!

@cutchemist42

Check out this video below. It will help you turn you shoulders more while staying centered. We alway recommend practicing this in front of a mirror and slowly at first.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Went to a range I usually dont go to as its hitting mats and plastic tees to get some DTL vids with 6i and driver. I usually set my ball a little higher than the tees at the range, but that doesnt really change the look of my swing. (I get down on knees to check every tee shot haha) (Sorry for also leaving too much vid after the swing, in case anyone wastes their time watching me looking)

@cutchemist42

Check out this video below. It will help you turn you shoulders more while staying centered. We alway recommend practicing this in front of a mirror and slowly at first.

Thank you very much for the reply, my parents have an old ballet studio in their basement from the past owner, so that will be perfect to try out next time I visit them.

[QUOTE name="boogielicious" url="/t/84361/my-swing-cutchemist42#post_1198491"] @cutchemist42 Check out this video below. It will help you turn you shoulders more while staying centered. We alway recommend practicing this in front of a mirror and slowly at first. [CONTENTEMBED=/t/54840/simple-specific-slow-short-and-success-the-five-s-s-of-great-practice layout=inline]​[/CONTENTEMBED]  [/QUOTE] Thank you very much for the reply, my parents have an old ballet studio in their basement from the past owner, so that will be perfect to try out next time I visit them.

That will be perfect. I have a similar set up at my work gym.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the range today to shoot some new videos. I forgot to press record for my 7i DTL. For my dtl shot for my driver, am I standing too upright? Also, sorry for my DTL vid, did not realize I was angling outwards to right, when compared to the camera. Also sorry for not having the camera farther back to allow to see more of the backswing.

Also, for my driver, I know some might think I might have it too close to my middle, but I find I just top too many balls if I place it more forward. I try to only have maybe 1/4 of the ball above the clubhead. Ive found with using foot powder spray is that it produces the msot sweet spot hits for me.

• Administrator

Do you have any DTL videos from along your toe line?

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Do you have any DTL videos from along your toe line?

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Sorry, but I'll have to try again next time. I kind have trouble setting up as its really sunny so cant see the screen well to see how its looking. The page you posted is where I found out about the Gorillapod product, which I bought for these videos.

• 8 months later...

Well figured with 1 month under the belt in the golf season I would post an updated video. One thing that sucked is during this session I forgot my shoes, and I lose confidence in my swing wearing slippery shoes.

My driver hits have been better since last year, with my big misses being big massive pulls. These pulls dont appear to have much of a fade or draw in them.

Upon watching the vdeio, I kinda thought my wrist was hinging more than I see in the video.

Heres my 6i swing. i would say my miss is just the occasional fat shot, maybe 1 out of 15 hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHrjhEdGyZI

(edited)

Now that I watch it a little more, it seems like my club is releasing too early, which might explain the fat shots. (Not sure anyone will agree with that though)

I just also dont know if I like what the top of my backswing looks like. Seems like the club is too upright still?

Edited by cutchemist42

• 8 months later...

Been going to the local golf dome once every few weeks this Winter.Here's driver and PW. I sometimes had a slice when the last season ended.

Driver ball flight seems straight, but the dome only allows for 90 yards of flight to be seen.

Edited by cutchemist42

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Driver swing with my new driver. The stiff really helps as I dont feel thr bend anymore, which is a feeling I didnt like.

Still working on things from my lesson a few months back. Very occasionally my straight dtiver pull stilk happens if I lose the feels which is always like 20 yards straight out of bounds.

• Administrator

I'd like to see you bent a bit more, with the hands a bit lower and your arms hanging a little more close to vertical.

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)
17 hours ago, iacas said:

I'd like to see you bent a bit more, with the hands a bit lower and your arms hanging a little more close to vertical.

Thanks for the suggestion!! Im pretty sure you bent over forward from the hip, correct?  Just for my understanding quickly, a correction there might help in what way?

I will practice this in my stand up mirror at home!

Edited by cutchemist42

• Administrator

It will help you turn your shoulders on a steeper angle, which will help you not swing so far around yourself.

The driver is not really any more of an upright stance than an 8-iron. The arms don't hang quite as vertically, but that's about it. The torso should be at about the same angle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iacas said:

It will help you turn your shoulders on a steeper angle, which will help you not swing so far around yourself.

The driver is not really any more of an upright stance than an 8-iron. The arms don't hang quite as vertically, but that's about it. The torso should be at about the same angle.

Thank you very much for this!

Note: This thread is 1994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!