IGNORED

My Swing (zero)

zero
Note: This thread is 2488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 minutes ago, Slowcelica said:

One thing I noticed from the last down the line video, you take the hands way inside on the takeaway and almost do a C to get hands up to where they should be. It's like you take them as deep as they will go and then lift them up.

Yes, for sure. One thing I've been wondering though watching the pros, some have a really odd backswing, but get it on-plane on the downswing. Where should I focus? On-plane back & through, or just through?

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

Just now, zero said:

Yes, for sure. One thing I've been wondering though watching the pros, some have a really odd backswing, but get it on-plane on the downswing. Where should I focus? On-plane back & through, or just through?

So IMHO the less manipulations you do to get the club in the correct position the better. My instructor has/had me working on taking the club up and inside in more of a linear fashion, so like \ instead of C or L. I hope that makes sense.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Slowcelica said:

So IMHO the less manipulations you do to get the club in the correct position the better. My instructor has/had me working on taking the club up and inside in more of a linear fashion, so like \ instead of C or L. I hope that makes sense.

It's been a few years since I had my first instruction, need to get back with a teacher.

- adam -

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

2 hours ago, Slowcelica said:

One thing I noticed from the last down the line video, you take the hands way inside on the takeaway and almost do a C to get hands up to where they should be. It's like you take them as deep as they will go and then lift them up.

Agree with this.

Screen_Shot_2017-02-17_at_12_55.30_PM.png

@zero check out the post I made here.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2017 at 0:29 PM, zero said:

Cool idea, but will that move the ball position up near the left heel enough for the long clubs?

Sorry, but I just now noticed this. To me, it seems to.  You might have to do some adjusting with driver and woods, but that depends on your typical shot shape. For example, you might end up with the ball too far from the left heel if you tend to leave the club face open a little through impact, resulting in slices/pushes (for a righty). I think of it more as a general idea, which should be fine-tuned for each individual.

• 2 months later...

Videos for another thread

3W Front

3W DTL

Driver Front

Driver DTL

- adam -

Note: This thread is 2488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!