Sign in to follow this  
Foot-Wedge

My Swing (Foot-Wedge)

Note: This thread is 1681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 posts / 1281 viewsLast Reply

I've been Playing Golf for: On and off 17 years....HS golf team and weekends for 6 solid years. Basically, roughly 10 year gap from 22-32 (besides 1-2x per year.)  Have started playing/practicing 1-2x/week for the last 2-3 months.

My current handicap index or average score is: 10.4

My typical ball flight is:

Woods: Mid to High push or slight fade/slice
Irons: Natural, slight draw 80% of my approach shot, other 20% either pulled 10-20 yds left of target or pushed right 10-20 yds....no fade or slice and slight draw almost 95% of the time

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is:

Off the tee: slight higher fade/slice
Approach: Block right (straight) and pull left of target still with slight draw

Videos:

I really like this swing. Looks tight and efficient to me. I would suggest you film your down the the line video from a better angle and a video with a face-on view both without the slo-mo to get a more accurate example of your swing. There is a good article about doing all that stuff here http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing Looking at your background I would guess that after only being back in the game for 2-3 months there is still going to be plenty of rust that will come off as you start playing more.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Better quality with a down-the-line shot and a face-on-view.  Still not a great setup but was testing my new iPhone 6s camera in the backyard net.  Any feedback would be great!  I know that the back center of the net isn't inline with my alignment stick and feet, sorry

Videos: 

P.S.  I'VE TRIED TO EMBED THE VIDEOS, but either the WYSIWYG has different/new functionality with the new site, or I'm doing it completely wrong.  I tried embedding by "the Rules" to no avail.  Also have used the <iframe> code snippet from YouTube in the "insert code" function.  What am I doing wrong? lol

P.S.  I'VE TRIED TO EMBED THE VIDEOS, but either the WYSIWYG has different/new functionality with the new site, or I'm doing it completely wrong.  I tried embedding by "the Rules" to no avail.  Also have used the <iframe> code snippet from YouTube in the "insert code" function.  What am I doing wrong? lol

You just paste the URL in and click or hit return, and then the site takes a second or so and embeds it for you.

Better quality with a down-the-line shot and a face-on-view.  Still not a great setup but was testing my new iPhone 6s camera in the backyard net.  Any feedback would be great!  I know that the back center of the net isn't inline with my alignment stick and feet, sorry

Would like to see you work on some Key#2 pieces. Allow the lower body and weight to transfer forward on the downswing and "thrust" into the followthrough. Don't keep the weight back and keep the legs flexed, like in this pic.

Screen_Shot_2015-10-13_at_12.37.05_PM.th

Use the ground as a "platform" to thrust off of. Good example.

foot_wedge_.thumb.jpg.52dbce478dc88e59f9

Edited by mvmac

Would like to see you work on some Key#2 pieces. Allow the lower body and weight to transfer forward on the downswing and "thrust" into the followthrough. Don't keep the weight back and keep the legs flexed, like in this pic.

Screen_Shot_2015-10-13_at_12.37.05_PM.th

Use the ground as a "platform" to thrust off of. Good example.

foot_wedge_.thumb.jpg.52dbce478dc88e59f9

Worked on it a bit after work, even though the days are getting shorter.

Note: This thread is 1681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!