IGNORED

Favorite time of day to play

NCGolfer
Note: This thread is 6625 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. When do you most like to play?

• Early Morning
    • Morning
    • Noon
    • Afternoon
    • Late Afternoon
    • Evening
    • Whenever I get the chance!

My favorite time to play is in the early moring for many of the reasons posted prior. However I rarely get to do so because the course I play mainly is very crowded in the mornings (I guess a lot of people share the same feelings about playing early). Anyway, because of this I play whenever I get an open tee-time.
Northeastern University Golf Team

In Play:
Driver - Titleist 905R 9.5*/Aldila NV 75sFairway Wood - Titleist 904f 14.5*Dynamic Gold S300Hybrid - Cleveland Halo 2Iron(19*)Irons - Titleist 735cm(stainless)/Dynamic Gold S300 (Bent +0.5 degrees upright, +1.0 degrees strong) Wedges - Callaway...

• Administrator
The earlier the better for me here.

My golf course's first hole is dead east (and its last hole dead west), which has really reinforced the fact that if you play enough golf, you can usually tell where your ball is within a ten-foot radius or so without seeing where it went just by feel.

I answered awhile ago, but I'll answer again: I prefer mornings (making tracks in the dewy fairways) and evenings (you're often much more alone than during the day). I like to avoid the heat of mid-day.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play any and every time of the day. My house is near the fourth green so I'm fortunate enough to be able to play the 5th and 6th holes and pitch to the 4th green nearly every summer evening, right up until it gets too dark to see. I wouldn't trade my time on the course during those hours for anything.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

As early as possible. I like to be home before lunch, or be done in time for lunch at the clubhouse. Because of the crazy heat/humidity in Virginia, any tee time past mid-morning ensures that you will catch heat exhaustion or heat stroke. Can't tell you how many times I hear about guys collapsing out there in 98 degree heat with 99% humidity. Doesn't make any sense for me to pay big greens fees to be miserable.

In the Spring or Fall though, I'll play as long as the sun's up.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

Note: This thread is 6625 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!